Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sack one of them.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 75 Guests

Sack one of them.

This thread currently has 4,212 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
November 21, 2011, 10:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,023
Gold Stars: 118
After listening to Rob Scott's interview with John Tondeur after the game, my opinion is the bloke is a frigging clown who can't see what's in front of him.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
Super Clive
November 21, 2011, 1:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from TAGG

Clearly they do otherwise they wouldn't of been head hunted by boston and by us............[

classic

Classic ? You made a statement, I just drunk all over it now as you say that is a classic  
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
RonMariner
November 21, 2011, 1:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,941
Gold Stars: 233
To be fair I thought MN and S+H were good appointments at the time, it's only with hindsight that they looked bad.

I still think there is a chance that S+H can come good, but my optimism gets chipped away every week.  I assume they will be given the rest of the season to prove they can turn it round.  If there are positive signs then, they may well be kept on.  Otherwise they will be gone and we will be back to square one.

Assuming that is, that the club has funding to continue in it's current form. Without more generousity from JF I can see us in  a Darlo/Kettering type meltdown.

Sorry to be so depressing. Never thought I'd turn into such a doom monger.

I think I'll shut my mouth for a while to give eveyone a chance to cheer up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
RoboCod
November 21, 2011, 2:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from RonMariner
To be fair I thought MN and S+H were good appointments at the time, it's only with hindsight that they looked bad.

I still think there is a chance that S+H can come good, but my optimism gets chipped away every week.  I assume they will be given the rest of the season to prove they can turn it round.  If there are positive signs then, they may well be kept on.  Otherwise they will be gone and we will be back to square one.

Assuming that is, that the club has funding to continue in it's current form. Without more generousity from JF I can see us in  a Darlo/Kettering type meltdown.

Sorry to be so depressing. Never thought I'd turn into such a doom monger.

I think I'll shut my mouth for a while to give eveyone a chance to cheer up.

Depressing post yes, but one that is based in the real world rather than the 'sack one of them/both of them/bring back Buckley/Slade should have been given a contract extension/Groves-Roger should have had more time' comments that are posted 30 minutes into Saturdays commentary.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
Biccys
November 21, 2011, 2:47pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from RoboCod

Depressing post yes, but one that is based in the real world rather than the 'sack one of them/both of them/bring back Buckley/Slade should have been given a contract extension/Groves-Roger should have had more time' comments that are posted 30 minutes into Saturdays commentary.

Every sodding saturday...

Depressing as it is, these 2 shouldn't be sacked yet. Sacking managers a year into a contract has not, will not ever work. We have the real opportunity to gain some stability at the club now. A period of stability has been cried out for in BP for years. Constant changing of managers doesn't work. Look at any club who have had managers in for a short period. They alomst exclusively become mediocre before they get better.

It feels like deja vu whenever we've performed badly on here. Same old cries for managers heads is just stupid.

The next person to suggest it is gay..... There, that should stop it. (Yeah right...!)

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 46
thebigeasy
November 21, 2011, 3:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
Depressing as it is, these 2 shouldn't be sacked yet. Sacking managers a year into a contract has not, will not ever work. We have the real opportunity to gain some stability at the club now. A period of stability has been cried out for in BP for years. Constant changing of managers doesn't work. Look at any club who have had managers in for a short period. They alomst exclusively become mediocre before they get better.
It feels like deja vu whenever we've performed badly on here.

For goodness sake  - it's not the sacking of managers that's the route of the problem. It's the continual stream of awful appointments that aren't working!
How can you describe the current situation stable? We are sinking fast again, attendances are falling again, with the inevitable pressure on the finances, again.
And as for the abuse whenever we perform badly - that's a pretty regular occurrence these days isn't it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
davmariner
November 21, 2011, 3:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from thebigeasy

For goodness sake  - it's not the sacking of managers that's the route of the problem. It's the continual stream of awful appointments that aren't working!
How can you describe the current situation stable? We are sinking fast again, attendances are falling again, with the inevitable pressure on the finances, again.
And as for the abuse whenever we perform badly - that's a pretty regular occurrence these days isn't it!

Correct - I feel that a manager should be given a chance if he/they show that they are capable of managing a team. I'm all for giving a manager a prolonged spell and against knee-jerk reactions but these two look so far out of their depth.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
TAGG
November 21, 2011, 4:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,910
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Super Clive

Classic ? You made a statement, I just drunk all over it now as you say that is a classic  

Ohhh ye you did didnt you        

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
GrimRob
November 21, 2011, 6:11pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from thebigeasy

These two were largely welcomed and looked a good signing, as did Newell. Woods was a risk but again was worth a punt, plenty of Youth Team coaches have gone on and been successful (e.g. Brian McDermott at Reading). The only thing we haven't tried is giving someone 2-3 years and it's about time we did. So it's unfair to say that all the appointments were awful as a lot of them weren't or wouldn't have been if they had been allowed to reach their fruition.

Nobody's going to turn it around it the few months they get. Each sacking we've made we'd probably have been better off if we hadn't sacked them. I'm sure we'd have been higher in the table had NW stayed, I still don't really understand why we was sacked, last season was a reasonable start in my eyes.

We're never going to get anyone better qualified than these guys. I can't believe anyone is seriously suggesting getting rid of them.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 46
voice of reason
November 21, 2011, 6:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from GrimRob

These two were largely welcomed and looked a good signing, as did Newell. Woods was a risk but again was worth a punt, plenty of Youth Team coaches have gone on and been successful (e.g. Brian McDermott at Reading). The only thing we haven't tried is giving someone 2-3 years and it's about time we did. So it's unfair to say that all the appointments were awful as a lot of them weren't or wouldn't have been if they had been allowed to reach their fruition.

Nobody's going to turn it around it the few months they get. Each sacking we've made we'd probably have been better off if we hadn't sacked them. I'm sure we'd have been higher in the table had NW stayed, I still don't really understand why we was sacked, last season was a reasonable start in my eyes.

We're never going to get anyone better qualified than these guys. I can't believe anyone is seriously suggesting getting rid of them.

What have you seen in these two this season that makes you think they will get it right...??? Other than to say sacking managers hasn't worked in the past, nobody can really say anything positive about the two managers, or at least I haven't heard of anything...

Oh sorry, dapperz has been told the training ground routines are modern... They may be that but they aren't working at the minute...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sack one of them.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.