Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vote for oblivion.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 66 Guests

Vote for oblivion.

This thread currently has 3,302 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 20, 2011, 2:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from I believe in Cod
I hate how the majority just seems to think that sacking is the best solution, and it's actually quite sad that this thought process has been forced upon them because of a spineless chairman/board that we've had for so long that just bends over straight away and allows pressure to take control of their actions rather than allowing rational reasoning, they just sack the manager, and get a new one in, and if we haven't reached the premiership within 6 months then they sack them as well. It's absolutely ridiculous, and like aldi_01 says, why would anyone want to come and manage here with no job security.

The sacking of Neil Woods, was just down right rude, he should never have been sacked, but that's in the past, so let's not make the same mistake with these two.
Sacking them just would not make sense at all! Who the hell would come in, and also, what about the financial situation of the club? That is not going to be appealing to anyone
Rob and Paul know the score, and I honestly think they have sight of the goal, it's just taking a little more passing and interplay to get there than they realised it would be, and we realised it would be, we're only a good run away from everyone diving on the S+H bandwagon and them being the best managers we've ever had, so let's just see what the new year brings. They are good for us!

We need consistency!

giving woods the job was downright madness
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
headingly_mariner
November 20, 2011, 2:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,407
Gold Stars: 124
I hate how the majority just seems to think that sacking is the best solution, and it's actually quite sad that this thought process has been forced upon them because of a spineless chairman/board that we've had for so long that just bends over straight away and allows pressure to take control of their actions rather than allowing rational reasoning, they just sack the manager, and get a new one in, and if we haven't reached the premiership within 6 months then they sack them as well. It's absolutely ridiculous, and like aldi_01 says, why would anyone want to come and manage here with no job security.

The sacking of Neil Woods, was just down right rude, he should never have been sacked, but that's in the past, so let's not make the same mistake with these two.
Sacking them just would not make sense at all! Who the hell would come in, and also, what about the financial situation of the club? That is not going to be appealing to anyone
Rob and Paul know the score, and I honestly think they have sight of the goal, it's just taking a little more passing and interplay to get there than they realised it would be, and we realised it would be, we're only a good run away from everyone diving on the S+H bandwagon and them being the best managers we've ever had, so let's just see what the new year brings. They are good for us!

We need consistency!

I didn't want woods or Buckley sacked and i think we need a period of stability but these two need sacking as they have taken us backwards and show no signs of progress.
We are shite! we play long ball and the Shouty one is a male masturbator!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
cleeimp
November 20, 2011, 2:54pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from 1600
Interesting cos I thought about mentioning the same term to describe some Town fans who were blindly following Woods too.
Not you I should add headingley, but I have noticed before you think he should have stayed even after so many months without any progress.

Is this a "Fenty out" or a "S&H out" plea ?

If the latter, any sacking must (IMO) be after a HOME defeat or a poor HOME performance.  
But not right before arguably the biggest game of the season please.

I got a reply from big John Fenty after I emailed him he said that after the meeting he would put his name forward for chairman if ask to and would except with which I belive is the best choice after Parker threw his dummy out of the cot so yes its Fenty for me till some body else comes in.UTMM

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
I believe in Cod
November 20, 2011, 2:55pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I didn't want woods or Buckley sacked and i think we need a period of stability but these two need sacking as they have taken us backwards and show no signs of progress.
We are shite! we play long ball and the Shouty one is a male masturbator!

I'm sorry HM, but how often do you go to watch Town? To say that we play 'long ball' I think isn't accurate, In fact I cant actually think of that many goals that we've scored or even a lot of examples of play that we have played the long ball, sure there are a fair few 'hoofs' from the back, but thats just part and parcel of low level football, but to actually say that we are a long ball side, I'm not entirely sure you've been watching the right side.

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
headingly_mariner
November 20, 2011, 4:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,407
Gold Stars: 124

I'm sorry HM, but how often do you go to watch Town? To say that we play 'long ball' I think isn't accurate, In fact I cant actually think of that many goals that we've scored or even a lot of examples of play that we have played the long ball, sure there are a fair few 'hoofs' from the back, but thats just part and parcel of low level football, but to actually say that we are a long ball side, I'm not entirely sure you've been watching the right side.

I see 35 - 40 games a season. How many do you see? If you are looking for evidence you only need to look at yesterday's game were we spent 75 minutes twatting it at rob Duffy. We are a long ball side and we are not a very good one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
Borbs
November 20, 2011, 5:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Have to agree if that is how we are going to play get the big bloke from Newport in our star centrebacks could not get near him.

I heard Townsend on Hulberside on the way home to say things like they had not sorted the marking out before kickoff says it all to me.

I am fed with listing or reading comments from Shouty one we prep for the next game!!! we will do our homework etc etc!!

apart from yesterday by that post match comment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
80sglory
November 20, 2011, 7:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
Perhaps you would like to share with us how you think GTFC have "progressed" since Neil Woods was sacked?

Well as I said we're scoring a lot more goals, but generally I don't think we have progressed, not yet at least.
But as I said in the other thread, I feel there are a few mitigating circumstances.

Given how long Woods had, have they been given a fair crack in comparison ?
That's what it boils down to IMO.

Also I don't think you can ever go off the league table as a relaible guide.
Without Connell, Woods would arguably have been in a simlar position.

If we beat Port Vale, it might be a sign of progress so let's see what happens on Tuesday (and in our next few games)
Reply: 16 - 33
voice of reason
November 20, 2011, 7:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

Well as I said we're scoring a lot more goals, but generally I don't think we have progressed, not yet at least.
But as I said in the other thread, I feel there are a few mitigating circumstances.

Given how long Woods had, have they been given a fair crack in comparison ?
That's what it boils down to IMO.

Also I don't think you can ever go off the league table as a relaible guide.
Without Connell, Woods would arguably have been in a simlar position.

If we beat Port Vale, it might be a sign of progress so let's see what happens on Tuesday (and in our next few games)

Oh come off it 80's, that is a poor argument...

I accept Woods had longer but we was also a lot higher in the league consistantly than we have been this season...

These two came in with all the talk last season and they've failed to back this talk up with consistant results or performances...

The league table is the only reliable guide in reality... It may not tell you how attractive the football has been but it'll certainly tell you how effective it has been...

What are the mitigating circumstances for these two, I would genuinely like to know...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
80sglory
November 20, 2011, 8:36pm
Guest User
I'll agree and disagree vor, no point in arguing the toss over fine margins.

As for the mitigating circumstances, just a few.
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1321729589/s-9/highlight-mitigating/#num9

But as I've said to others vor, I wouldn't read too much into Saturday's performance with the game on Tuesday.
If anyone thought we'd be fully focused or coming out the traps in a flash, then rightly or wrongly I suspect they were expecting too much.
Reply: 18 - 33
voice of reason
November 20, 2011, 8:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600
I'll agree and disagree vor, no point in arguing the toss over fine margins.

As for the mitigating circumstances, just a few.
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1321729589/s-9/highlight-mitigating/#num9

But as I've said to others vor, I wouldn't read too much into Saturday's performance with the game on Tuesday.
If anyone thought we'd be fully focused or coming out the traps in a flash, then rightly or wrongly I suspect they were expecting too much.

Not sure I buy into the mitigating circumstances argument other than we have a young team... That is something they should have spotted as a potential problem if it is one and sorted it in the summer with some more experience...

I disagree about yesterdays performance... Surly they should have been going all out to cement their place for tuesday...??? Not that I think the pplayers are overly bothered about a 'big game' against Vale, hardly mouthwatering is it...??? especially when most of the players will have playd teams of that quality on a regular basis in their careers....

It's not just yesterdays horror show either... If performances had been good in most games people could argue that they have been unlucky... If we had a higher league position people could argue that regardless of how good performances have been they are effective in they are doing... I haven't seen any evidence of either really, the odd good performance or 30 minute spells but not 2 or 3 games in a row...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vote for oblivion.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.