Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vote for oblivion.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 81 Guests

Vote for oblivion.

This thread currently has 3,301 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
November 20, 2011, 2:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,407
Gold Stars: 124
In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is a term used to describe a real paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness
Logged Offline
Private Message
Koggmaster
November 20, 2011, 2:38am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -3
Quoted from headingly_mariner
In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is a term used to describe a real paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness

HA HA HA !  I knew there would be a scientific term for why people still love Fenty after enduring 10 years of hell from his Chairmanship !!!

Avast, me proud beauty! Would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
80sglory
November 20, 2011, 3:12am
Guest User
Interesting cos I thought about mentioning the same term to describe some Town fans who were blindly following Woods too.
Not you I should add headingly, but I have noticed before you think he should have stayed even after so many months without any progress.

Is this a "Fenty out" or a "S&H out" plea ?

If the latter, any sacking must (IMO) be after a HOME defeat or a poor HOME performance.  
But not right before arguably the biggest game of the season please.
Reply: 2 - 33
80sglory
November 20, 2011, 3:14am
Guest User
Oh, presumably "vote" means for Fenty got you...  
Reply: 3 - 33
aldi_01
November 20, 2011, 8:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

What I find interesting at the minute is that when woods was in charge, the fans were somewhat split between keeping him in charge and sacking him and those supporting him were convinced he was moving the team forward. Look at today's managers and it is almost uninimous that these two aren't of any use and the club has somewhat gone backwards and even the biggest S&H fans are struggling to find even a teeny weeny reason to argue why they are working....

We have gone backwards, the only consistent thing all season has been how bad we are and I see very little changing as things stand...

As for Stockholm syndrome, I would suggest it is synonymous with football???

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
barralad
November 20, 2011, 8:29am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600
Interesting cos I thought about mentioning the same term to describe some Town fans who were blindly following Woods too.
Not you I should add headingly, but I have noticed before you think he should have stayed even after so many months without any progress.

Is this a "Fenty out" or a "S&H out" plea ?

If the latter, any sacking must (IMO) be after a HOME defeat or a poor HOME performance.  
But not right before arguably the biggest game of the season please.

Interesting definition of the word progress. Perhaps you would like to share with us how you think GTFC have "progressed" since Neil Woods was sacked?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
aldi_01
November 20, 2011, 9:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
I'm sorry but even ardent Scott and hurst fans must be able to see that we've not progressed at all...yes we went down under woods but he took over a sinking ship and actually made a fight of it an he was sacked when in all honesty we were making some progress albeit small but it's still progress...

So far I've seen nothing that we were 'promised by S&H' and we just keep going backwards...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
Chris
November 20, 2011, 11:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from aldi_01
I'm sorry but even ardent Scott and hurst fans must be able to see that we've not progressed at all...yes we went down under woods but he took over a sinking ship and actually made a fight of it an he was sacked when in all honesty we were making some progress albeit small but it's still progress...

So far I've seen nothing that we were 'promised by S&H' and we just keep going backwards...

Can't argue with that. But sacking managers hasnt worked in the past has it and there would surely be a lack of managers wanting to risk coming here with our reputation for getting rid after a year (or less). I suspect that unless things get even worse, these two will be here for the foreseable, whether this is right or wrong will be played out over the coming months/years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
aldi_01
November 20, 2011, 1:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I agree, I can't see what sacking the pair of em would achieve but some people, including our board have seen it as a solution in the past...

Would you work for a company that changes its personnel every year or so?? Whilst it is a results based business, people are still doing it for money and want some financial and job security and as a manager at gtfc you don't often get that...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
I believe in Cod
November 20, 2011, 2:24pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
I hate how the majority just seems to think that sacking is the best solution, and it's actually quite sad that this thought process has been forced upon them because of a spineless chairman/board that we've had for so long that just bends over straight away and allows pressure to take control of their actions rather than allowing rational reasoning, they just sack the manager, and get a new one in, and if we haven't reached the premiership within 6 months then they sack them as well. It's absolutely ridiculous, and like aldi_01 says, why would anyone want to come and manage here with no job security.

The sacking of Neil Woods, was just down right rude, he should never have been sacked, but that's in the past, so let's not make the same mistake with these two.
Sacking them just would not make sense at all! Who the hell would come in, and also, what about the financial situation of the club? That is not going to be appealing to anyone
Rob and Paul know the score, and I honestly think they have sight of the goal, it's just taking a little more passing and interplay to get there than they realised it would be, and we realised it would be, we're only a good run away from everyone diving on the S+H bandwagon and them being the best managers we've ever had, so let's just see what the new year brings. They are good for us!

We need consistency!

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vote for oblivion.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.