Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pleased or annoyed about the early double subs?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 73 Guests

Pleased or annoyed about the early double subs?

This thread currently has 2,714 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
maxfox44
November 19, 2011, 7:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Walking outside the ground afterwards, loads of people were debating the double subs.

1) Some were pleased as it showed that S&H were prepared to make an early change.

2) Others were suggesting that S&H got their tactics and preparation wrong.

What do you think?

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Borbs
November 19, 2011, 7:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / 0
4-3-3 was not working Hearn was inaffective on the right I'Anson could not deal with the big bloke. Had to go 4-2-2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
jonnyboy82
November 19, 2011, 7:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from maxfox44
Walking outside the ground afterwards, loads of people were debating the double subs.

1) Some were pleased as it showed that S&H were prepared to make an early change.

2) Others were suggesting that S&H got their tactics and preparation wrong.

What do you think?

number 2  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
Shithouse Rat
November 19, 2011, 7:47pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Do H&S have any tactics?  Unless their masterplan is to let Kempson hoof it aimlessly forward, I fear we are fooked.

[img]http://www.musicquizworld.com/images/banner_bobmarley.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
November 19, 2011, 8:11pm
Guest User
I wouldn't suggest a 4-2-2 formation as above. What worries me is we don't actually pass the ball forward to players. At least it appears that way, we hit areas. I've never seen an area score a goal or whip a cross in. Is it a tactic or are the players that bad they can't pass the ball ten yards?
Reply: 4 - 21
Chris
November 19, 2011, 8:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from 75
I wouldn't suggest a 4-2-2 formation as above. What worries me is we don't actually pass the ball forward to players. At least it appears that way, we hit areas. I've never seen an area score a goal or whip a cross in. Is it a tactic or are the players that bad they can't pass the ball ten yards?

Well Kempson certainly can't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
kevikov
November 19, 2011, 8:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
No 2, pretty much all season.  N0 1 shows they are able to see it at least?

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
Borbs
November 19, 2011, 8:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / 0
No other alternative than 4-4-2 too congested in midfield with no outlet hence all the lumping forward so that the big guy at the back could tussle with Duffy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Mighty_Mariner
November 19, 2011, 9:36pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Sort of both for me.... I can see why they were tempted to stick with 433 after the Port Vale performance, but as someone else pointed out it clearly didn't work on the smaller blundell park pitch, but I'am happy they had the balls to admit their mistake and make the necessary changes when many managers would have stuck with it.

Has anybody ever seen 2 subs that early in a game for tactical reasons???? I know I haven't!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
biggles9999
November 19, 2011, 9:42pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
I am pleased that they were willing to make the subs early to change the game, however they must surely have had some information on this team before they chose their tactics? They must have known that Newport were more than likely going lump the ball forward to a big man and look to bring it down for their wide men?

Presumably they decided the midfield was too crowded since both teams were effectively playing with 5 in the middle, which meant Thanoj was the one who lost out to the two more experienced players, but I personally felt sorry for I'anson. I can only guess they wanted Pearson on for his heading ability but he is incredibly poor to my mind.

Several times he was easily turned, on others he was too slow to turn and appeared to be a liability. I'anson can more than hold his own aerially imo, and is a better all round player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pleased or annoyed about the early double subs?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.