Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Artificial Pitches.....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 46 Guests

Artificial Pitches.....

This thread currently has 1,689 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
November 18, 2011, 4:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from gobby
I Ref on the 3g at Bradley on a regular basis and find as a ref its good, but what a mess in the changing room afterwards due to the little black nibbles. If I do not empty my boots of them at half time they would hurt in the second half. As for the football I personally feel that the ball does not bounce as much and teams seem to want to play the ball on the floor alot more which is also good. Sliding tackles are very rare and the game does seem slower.
UTMM

but never get out of the centre circle!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Keelbysaint
November 18, 2011, 4:25pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
am I right that some clubs (I seem to remember reading) play on a part artificial pitch? Cant say that Im for it. A huge fuss of it was made when we went to Russia to play on their artificial pitch. Whilst the new astros are good, they would still change the nature of the game, and I dont think that is a good thing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
80sglory
November 18, 2011, 5:00pm
Guest User
I can see the number of injuries increasing.
Reply: 12 - 16
gaz57
November 18, 2011, 7:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
I remember watching Town at QPR and the bounce on the ball was terrible, it bounced far to high and was a big advantage to the home side because they could  predict what was going to happen to the ball. If I remember rightly QPR did very well when they had one.

If clubs can afford to pay out for a plastic pitch surely they can pay out for some kind of protection for the real thing against frost,
snow or heavy rain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
LeightonMariner
November 18, 2011, 7:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Why are we talking about artificial pitches? Wouldn't artificial finance be more pertinent? Thanks again Mr Fenty

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Northbelfast mariner
November 18, 2011, 8:26pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
We have an artificial pitch at solitude ( cliftonville ) and to be honest it is so good it has stopped being a talking point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
0ld timer
November 19, 2011, 6:57am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from gaz57
I remember watching Town at QPR and the bounce on the ball was terrible, it bounced far to high and was a big advantage to the home side because they could  predict what was going to happen to the ball. If I remember rightly QPR did very well when they had one.

If clubs can afford to pay out for a plastic pitch surely they can pay out for some kind of protection for the real thing against frost,
snow or heavy rain.

nearly caught batchy out on a couple of occasions if i remember rightly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Artificial Pitches.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.