Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Prices for Post Vale replay!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 58 Guests

Prices for Post Vale replay!

This thread currently has 5,950 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 13, 2011, 4:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,856
Gold Stars: 223
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Can't agree Pete, we need stayaway fans back in the ground, game against league opposition would help the interest so would a bit of lateral thinking from the club.

All  it would do if the price was reduced is to  add 200 to 300 to the gate, so we would lose money,

IF and its a big IF  we get MAN UTD at home in R3,

All the stayaway fans will be moaning that they can not get a ticket,

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 71
maxfox44
November 13, 2011, 5:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Everytime we do an offer, we seem to play really badly and lose.  So maybe it should be normal prices.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 71
cardiffmariner
November 13, 2011, 5:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,323
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from diehardmariner

So let's just hope we hit upon a magic formula soon and watch as the generation gap at BP continues, the gates dwindle and the club dies.  No?

Is that what I said?  

You could let everyone in for free and we won't get significantly more than usual.  This is not a big draw to those fans who have stopped or never did turn up.  Lowering prices for one game will not impact the level of support we achieve for the remainder of the season, whatever the size of the crowd, whatever the score, however well we play.

The gate, by and large, will always be determined by what goes on on the pitch and not how much it costs to get through the turnstile.

As much as I agree with your desire to get more people to the game, cutting prices will have no long term affect and will lose the club money toboot

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 71
diehardmariner
November 13, 2011, 5:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,847
Gold Stars: 549
Pete, you're missing the point about the extra however many additional people it will bring in.

Forget about 2000x18 against 2400x10. It's about getting those extra people through the gate and then keep coming back, bringing kids, dads, uncles with them.  That massively outweighs any gate receipts on one night.  If the club haven't accounted for a cup tie this should be a bonus income, after overheads are paid.

I'm a mug and have been since I was 7 so I'll be there regardless, sadly the mugs amongst us are getting lower and lower in numbers. We badly need extra people through those turnstiles.  
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 71
diehardmariner
November 13, 2011, 5:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,847
Gold Stars: 549
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Is that what I said?  

You could let everyone in for free and we won't get significantly more than usual.  This is not a big draw to those fans who have stopped or never did turn up.  Lowering prices for one game will not impact the level of support we achieve for the remainder of the season, whatever the size of the crowd, whatever the score, however well we play.

The gate, by and large, will always be determined by what goes on on the pitch and not how much it costs to get through the turnstile.

As much as I agree with your desire to get more people to the game, cutting prices will have no long term affect and will lose the club money toboot

In terms of a big draw I totally agree. It's urine poor but it is the biggest game for the club at BP since Barnet 17 months ago. I hope to god we get to Old Trafford in Round 3 and that six figure windfall plus all the exposure that comes with it. However you'll have to forgive me if I don't think we will get that rub of the green.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 71
scrumble
November 13, 2011, 6:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
M
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Er...lose what...extra home game...more revenue??? Charge ST's £6, all others £12 get bums on seats, it's a no-brainer...2000 @ £6, 2000 @ £12 = £36k but 4000 in as opposed to 2500 tops.

Do you genuinely believe that we would get 2000 in if the price is rkeduced to £12? I doubt you'd get an extra hundred. The only way you'd get 4k is if it was knocked down to a fiver or less

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 71
MuddyWaters
November 13, 2011, 6:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Speculate to accumulate, a home replay with the prospect of playing a team lower than us is the best chance we've had of reaching 3rd round for ages.

I genuinely believe that the club should look at reducing stewarding and other matchday costs and notwithstanding that, this represents extra revenue whichever way you dress it up. The only way to get fresh blood through the gates is an incentive, especially on a Champions League night.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 71
MyDogsThoughts
November 14, 2011, 11:05am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
A Cup replay against Port Vale is not the time to reduce the gate fees: when we get drawn at home to 'The Red Lion' from Sleaford or a pub side from somewhere even smaller in the FA Trophy, that is when we should let people in for £5.00.

Champions League night or not, dropping the entrance fee would not have gained any new supporters or made any dosh: a few extra programmes and food might have been bought, but come on: the attendance wouldn't have grown very much at all.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 71
forza ivano
November 14, 2011, 11:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,302
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
A Cup replay against Port Vale is not the time to reduce the gate fees: when we get drawn at home to 'The Red Lion' from Sleaford or a pub side from somewhere even smaller in the FA Trophy, that is when we should let people in for £5.00.

Champions League night or not, dropping the entrance fee would not have gained any new supporters or made any dosh: a few extra programmes and food might have been bought, but come on: the attendance wouldn't have grown very much at all.

i agree - if we get 2500 (and that might be optimistic!) at full price = £45,000. you'd have to get nearly 4000 at £12 each to make it work.
ps any idea how much we made from saturday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 71
Biccys
November 14, 2011, 12:28pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
It was £10 each and attendance was 4400 or so wasn't it? So £42,000 (allowing for a few kids for £5) minus costs (£5-7000 at BP, according to Steve Wraith) so £35,000 between the 2 clubs = £17,500. Ish.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Prices for Post Vale replay!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.