Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My honest + reasonably held opinion of John Fenty
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 69 Guests

My honest + reasonably held opinion of John Fenty

This thread currently has 4,873 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
pier39
November 10, 2011, 12:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It's basic business Forza.

If you want customers, you've got to give them some kind of value/positive customer experience. I know it sounds hard-faced but the loyal fans have been taken for granted and it's not them who need to be wooed. Whoever runs GTFC after the AGM needs to engage with the fans who have walked away. They are the key to the financial future of GTFC.

the clubs rotten to the core.the managers tell the fans to fuk off,the owner is prepared to have a fist fight with the drunk manager massive change needed and if that means dropping a couple more divisions before we fight back so be it.like somebody else said the clubs being run like where in the championship
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
Rodley Mariner
November 10, 2011, 12:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
I go and watch Farsley FC now and again if I'm not going to Town as it's five minutes walk from my house. Founded after Farsley Celtic went bust having lived way beyond their means. The standard isn't great but they're slowly building a fanbase, making themselves a part of the local community and following promotion last year are doing okay again this. They had a massive bonfire and fireworks do last Friday and gave out vouchers to get kids in for free the next day. They've got a nice social club which is open every night and it must have taken a few grand in last Friday. It's actually a pleasant experience going and having rebuilt they're slowly finding their natural level which in terms of fanbase should be a good few divisions below our own. If we get our house in order, run a financially sound model, bring local talent through and become a proper part of the community again there is no reason why we shouldn't also return to the football league - it might just take a bit longer than we'd hoped.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My honest + reasonably held opinion of John Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.