5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
biggles9999
November 9, 2011, 9:29am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Les Brechin
Only a few games ago one of S or H was saying he wished we had a team of Anthony's Churchs.
As Garth says though, he'll probably be back after the forthcoming tribunal.

And comparing him to Nobby Stiles....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
jonnyboy82
November 9, 2011, 10:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
like most have said the management wished they have had 11 anthony church in the team a few weeks on now he is on loan at another team..

the managers promised us we will have strong minded people in the building who will not give away cheap goals and hold on to leads in games,i think we have dropped just as many points away we have now after taking the lead in matches then collapsing..

they have admitted they might have not got the player recruitment right in the summer and made mistakes..

we are going to a tribunal to get an amount we will have to pay for 2 players with 1 who is on loan at another team when being described as a nobby stiles,and another who cannot get anywere near the first team..

these are just 4 points i can quickly think of that do not look good,IMO things are quite embarrassing from top to bottom and i am sick to death of it.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
brad_gtfc
November 9, 2011, 4:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
It MUST be to get the cost of the tribunal lowered, as were skint.
He's being in the team, earning the managers praises. Thanoj has a good game against a Sunday League team and all of a sudden Church is loaned out.
Did Thanoj even touch the ball at Bath?
I hope this is to free up some money to bring in another youngster from Hull.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
RoboCod
November 9, 2011, 4:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from brad_gtfc
It MUST be to get the cost of the tribunal lowered, as were skint.
He's being in the team, earning the managers praises. Thanoj has a good game against a Sunday League team and all of a sudden Church is loaned out.
Did Thanoj even touch the ball at Bath?
I hope this is to free up some money to bring in another youngster from Hull.

I don't know how tribunals work but I can't imagine loaning a player out shortly before said tribunal could make any difference to the outcome.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
Garth
November 9, 2011, 4:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from RoboCod

I don't know how tribunals work but I can't imagine loaning a player out shortly before said tribunal could make any difference to the outcome.

Proberly the reverse I would think, should have been done three weeks ago
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
Madeleymariner
November 9, 2011, 5:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,074
Gold Stars: 52
The loan idea is fine, but getting him cup tied on Saturday isn't, what happens if shock horror we get to round 3 and we have a couple of midfielders injured?
Unless of course they dont plan on having him back or they have given up on us beating Port Fail days before we even play the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
pontoon army
November 9, 2011, 5:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Seen the lad play a few times and what i've seen i thought he has being one of our best players! Think this might be to do something the tribunal, where he plays a certain amount of games a year,  the cost rises??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
livosnose
November 9, 2011, 8:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,190
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from pontoon army
Seen the lad play a few times and what i've seen i thought he has being one of our best players! Think this might be to do something the tribunal, where he plays a certain amount of games a year,  the cost rises??

you are most certainly not a btec student...................clever

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
oldun
November 9, 2011, 9:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Don't give up on Church. I think he has strengths in the midfield workhorse role, but it seemed to me despite great energy and effort he was chasing lost causes many times and was a yard or so away from the player he was tracking and probably trying to cover too much of the pitch. I still think they should have given him a slightly more restricted role playing in front of the back 4 and breaking up attacks, covering runners etc. Having won the ball for us he should then have been asked to make a simple pass to wide men or find Disley. howver lets hope he learns by gaining more experience and he returns the better for it. I don't buy into the tribunal conspiracy theory. No matter what happens at the club, some people on here just want to read between the lines or make 2+2 =5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
I Hate Chris Hollins
November 10, 2011, 1:31am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 5
Aisle be cross if the departure of Church doesn't inspire us to altar our tactics.  Maybe I'm just being nave. I'm sure he'll get his chancel at Alfreton though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Church loaned to Alfreton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.