No Members and 42 Guests

Church loaned to Alfreton

This thread currently has 4,428 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 3:53pm
Guest User
I'm suprised.
Yes Thanoj did well vs Ashington but I thought Church would have returned for Bath.
Just checked - wasn't even on the bench !  

Quoted from Garth
Can`t be worth much at the tribunal, one not playing for the first team and one loaned out

Could this be why ?....

Quoted from pontoonlew
Now we have ourselves in a situation where we have a couple of central midfielders, one being Thanoj who for me isn't even better than Church.

Agree.
Wait until Thanoj gets overrun and people will be shouting for the midfield to have more "bite".

Reply: 20 - 44
mariner marc
November 8, 2011, 3:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Quoted from tashee69
I think weve finally reached the stage, that with the exception of 3 or 4 untouchables, anyone can go.
in a nutshell

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Les Brechin
November 8, 2011, 4:06pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,736
Gold Stars: 174
Three or four? That many?  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
AndyGTFC
November 8, 2011, 4:39pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
Unexpected. Personally, I don't get why people are criticising him so much. Not everyone can be a pretty footballer, some have to do the dirty work and from what I've seen, he's done that. I don't really think he's ever been a problem with the side.

At least it will give Thanoj a chance to shine though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
Prawn Thrower
November 8, 2011, 10:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Came as a shock. Good player, does the dirty work, not in the team to win us games (thats up to the wingers and forwards). Rarely gives the ball away and has the biggest engine in the squad.
Think you're right that S&H are doing this to prove a point that no player is untouchable - risky move for me.
Alfreton have made a good signing and by looking at their forum they know it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
Prawn Thrower
November 8, 2011, 11:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew
Seems like i'm the only one whos thought he looked pretty decent, especially at York! Now we have ourselves in a situation where we have a couple of central midfielders, one being Thanoj who for me isn't even better than Church.

I agree - don't understand these managers sometimes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Fishfinger
November 8, 2011, 11:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Yes, Thanoj had quite a good game against Ashington. But I think people are forgetting Ashington are 4 divisions below our league! I can't really work this one out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
ClarkeyUTM
November 8, 2011, 11:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Thanoj was my MOTM against Ashington but as mentioned, they are well below us. I don't think he's quite ready for a 2-man central midfield at this level, he was well out of his depth against Fleetwood.

I really like Church, he does the dirty work well and more importantly, doesn't stop doing it. His touch and passing let him down at times but I think we'll miss the energy he brings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
Prawn Thrower
November 9, 2011, 12:06am
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Fishfinger
Yes, Thanoj had quite a good game against Ashington. But I think people are forgetting Ashington are 4 divisions below our league! I can't really work this one out.

Exactly right – being MOM against a team 4 divisions below doesn’t hold a lot of weight. The only thing I can think of is they could be looking to loan players out in order to cut costs. We’re clearly not going anywhere this season due to the terrible start we have had so could be looking to save where possible……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
AdamHaddock
November 9, 2011, 12:21am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,854
Gold Stars: 26
I'm disappointed by this given all the hype in the summer - same with Pearson. I just hope Church finds a bit of form there.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Church loaned to Alfreton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.