Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Seismic change needed at the Club?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 137 Guests

Seismic change needed at the Club?

This thread currently has 2,625 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 6, 2011, 8:34pm
Guest User
Well we've lost a Tripol-lead  
Reply: 10 - 20
November 6, 2011, 8:34pm
Guest User
There is something wrong I feel about several aspects of the club. I don't know excatly what, be it setting unrealistic budgets or high turnover of staff and associated paying off contracts or fans beliving we have a comparatively rich chairman to pump money in meaning fans don't think they have to support the club fincially but I do know we cannot keep losing 900k a year and expect the club to survive.

I belive its a never ending cycle of decline. Poor performance on the pitch, less fans in the ground, less money for the club, and so on. As a fan, I feel negative about where we are and that we shouldn't have sunk so low. Maybe there is too much negativity from fans like myself, and its just a vicious cycle of negativity.

I know this is a small point, but why dosent the club, or the supporters trust, have people with buckets standing outside the turnstyles or walking about the stands for fans to put thier loose change in? Anything is better than nothing. Even use the now disused food stall under the floodlight in the corner of the pontoon as a fundraising stall.
Reply: 11 - 20
TownSNAFU5
November 6, 2011, 11:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
Until the Club is right (from top to bottom) any manager and the team has a near impossible job to be successful.

As smaller clubs in this League have shown, it is often not about money.  You can be relatively successful without it.   The important things are for the Club to be well-organised, make every pound count, all pulling together, live according to your income and make the right decisions for the Club.  This includes appointing the right manager.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
tashee69
November 7, 2011, 3:16am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +971
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Abdul19
If the club had gone bust in the summer of 2002 it would be better positioned than it is now.

What  ?!!!  
This is like saying next time you have a headache cut your head off it stops the pain.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
gtfc98
November 7, 2011, 8:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Good post. In my profession I spend a lot of time working on the financial side of things with businesses. Looking around the place there's no wonder we're losing so much money. The club is still run as if we're a league 1/championship club when in reality we're a BSP club that turned over a measly 1.6m last year. I'd love to know how many full time non-playing staff we employ, there seems to be far too many for a company of it's size and I think we need to be making cuts in these areas to protect the playing budget as much as possible. *disclaimer, this is my opinion only.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
dapperz fun pub
November 7, 2011, 9:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from headingly_mariner
The club may have to take another massive downward drop before it ever starts climbing the leagues again. We are not competitive and crowds are dwindling, going to BP  is a painful experience and we may end up part time soon.

In my opinion the loans that hang over the club prevent any possible progress and paint a picture of uncertainty regarding the future of Blundell Park,

Time for the loans to be written off and the club to cut it's cloth accordingly.

somebody posted on grim outlook "fenty says hes allready written off the loans in his head,so why not do it legally"    is this a fair point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Garth
November 7, 2011, 9:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
All the above points are relavent,  however the only way up is a winning team and if we were in the top three the gates would reflect it and almost everything in the garden would be rosey.

So its down to the players and managers I suppose, that IMO is where the buck stops
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 7, 2011, 11:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,949
Gold Stars: 180
you cant polish a turd!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
DocDock
November 7, 2011, 11:47am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Basically for me as much as it pains me to say we need to start acting like a conference club when it comes to the finances. I'm not sure what hours the club shop is open (just had a quick look on the OS and couldn't find anything) but i'll assume it's open Monday to Friday and possibly Saturday on match days. Surely you could reduce the opening hours and only open on certain days, i can't imagine there's the demand to open up Monday - Friday.

Whatever happens, even if Fenty is reelected there has to be wide scale cuts, i'm just amazed its taken this long to realise it. We should have made the sweeping cuts when we got relegated to the conference in the first place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 7, 2011, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from headingly_mariner
The club may have to take another massive downward drop before it ever starts climbing the leagues again. We are not competitive and crowds are dwindling, going to BP  is a painful experience and we may end up part time soon.

In my opinion the loans that hang over the club prevent any possible progress and paint a picture of uncertainty regarding the future of Blundell Park,

Time for the loans to be written off and the club to cut it's cloth accordingly.

Is PC Plod representative of a dearly loved institution by any chance?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Seismic change needed at the Club?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.