hearn`s miss

This thread currently has 1,902 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
black an white stripes
November 6, 2011, 4:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
yesterday was absolutely woeful from 3/4 yards out put it straight over the bar to win the game...this isn`t the first time he has missed sitters, forest green away missed a header from 3 yards out erly in the game, york away failed to connect with an easy tap in from 2/3 yards in the last few minutes..also failed to score in 16 games or so, only scored in 4 games for gtfc. not really predatory, yes works very hard cant question that..but for a so called out an out goals scorer for me this aint good enough..needs to step up to the plate an start scoring on a more consistant bases especially away from home..would like to see him spread them out..fact.

other players have come under immense criticism from some on here for missed chances etc..
Logged Offline
Private Message
pseudonym
November 6, 2011, 4:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Not many reach double figures in a season here though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
Port vale
November 6, 2011, 4:59pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
I expect Hearn is young and has never played in the Blue Square before so needs time to settle in. The lad clearly has some ability with him scoring a couple of hat tricks (is that correct?)... You would also want the experienced Anthony Elding working with him in training and getting a partnership going.

From what ive heard he will come good and be a good player. Looking forward to seeing him at Vale Park next week.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for though, and im sure it was a gamble to sign a young lad like that in the hope of he will score goals and get you out of the League.

[urlhttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&revid=1015843020&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=525&wrapid=tlif132059497317910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=port+vale+football+ground&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=port+vale+football+ground&cid=17830599099220757215&ei=MK62TqvtEMiW8gOny-CbBQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=photo-link&cd=1&resnum=1&ved=0CAYQnwIoADAAurl]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
AndyGTFC
November 6, 2011, 5:01pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Strikers miss chances.  It happens. Torres has missed a couple of sitters for Chelsea and he's one of the top strikers in the world, nevermind a BSP striker. It would be more worrying if he didn't get into the positions to score.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
black an white stripes
November 6, 2011, 5:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
young man yes with a fantastic future but being a footballer players have to take the criticism with the plaudits..and for me needs to be consistant with the goals. performances cant really fault the lad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
RoboCod
November 6, 2011, 5:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
He really needs to convert more chances but it's hard to be overly critical of him when you consider his incredible work rate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
siy2k5
November 6, 2011, 5:22pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Imagine the player big bad Baz could have been if he had Liam's workrate.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
MyDogsThoughts
November 6, 2011, 6:32pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Liam will score his first away goal for Town at Vale Park: and hopefully his second, third and fourth!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
gobby
November 6, 2011, 6:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
He needs a settled partner and IMO I do not think Duffy is that man! Elding for me and once they are settled then maybe more goals will flow. But Shorty and Shouty will change it again and again and this will disrupt whoever is up top.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Port vale
November 6, 2011, 6:38pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Liam will score his first away goal for Town at Vale Park: and hopefully his second, third and fourth!

Steady on mate  

If you lump balls high up front your front two will not win an header all game mark my words, we have 3 big lads who will head all day long.

If you play it into to his feet, and hes good enough to hold it, turn and run at us then you may be in for a good afternoon and a win on the cards?..

should be an interesting game, and after our defeat Saturday im expecting Micky Adams to have them working all week in training and come out fired up for you boys  

[urlhttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&revid=1015843020&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=525&wrapid=tlif132059497317910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=port+vale+football+ground&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=port+vale+football+ground&cid=17830599099220757215&ei=MK62TqvtEMiW8gOny-CbBQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=photo-link&cd=1&resnum=1&ved=0CAYQnwIoADAAurl]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
grimsby pete
November 6, 2011, 6:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,833
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Strikers miss chances.  It happens. Torres has missed a couple of sitters for Chelsea and he's one of the top strikers in the world, nevermind a BSP striker. It would be more worrying if he didn't get into the positions to score.

Good point,

AND

We never paid £50k for Liam never mind £50 million.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Offley mariner
November 6, 2011, 7:12pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +9
really bad miss but was the best player we had and while we use him to work the channels creating chances for others he is not in the box where we need him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
immariner
November 6, 2011, 7:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Yes he is learning all the time, but let us not forget, he's 25, not 19/20 as some would have you believe. Clearly a technically competent player, who has the ability to get himself in a lot of scoring positions, which is why he stuck so many away in the league below, but definitely needs to spend a good deal of time working on his finishing (which I'm sure he does). 2 or 3 games aside, he's been shown to be average for this division, but hopefully will be so much more in the years to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
ClarkeyUTM
November 6, 2011, 7:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Would he have missed those chances if we were at home? I just don't think things are going our way at all when playing away. Something's starting to click when playing at BP, hopefully once that's settled we can carry it into away games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
barralad
November 6, 2011, 9:25pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
His distance from the goal suggests that it WAS a bad miss. The cross was fairly hammered in (easily the best cross all day!) and he didn't have a lot of time to react to it. The problem is that chances are comparatively rare so misses have more of an impact.

Having watched Hearn throughout this season I don't think that he makes the best use of his angles when having shots. He tends to be drawn towards the near post at a tight angle making it easier for the keeper to get something on it. The proximity to the near post means that any richochet tends to end up going wide because there is no room for it to creep inside the post. I suspect it is quite a difficult job to put shots from that angle into the far corner of the goal.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
cod.gtfc
November 6, 2011, 10:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Liam is 26, he's hardly as young as some people on here are suggesting, though yes its his first season as a full time professional, so will make mistakes. But if Elding had missed those sitters there would be multiple threads on how rubbish he is. Seems Hearn is turning into the player thats immune to critism on here like Connell was last season.

Having said that I believe he will come good and score closer to 20 goals this season than 10, which will make him our second best striker (though I'd put him first because he does more than just score unlike Connell) in a long time, no bad thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
barralad
November 6, 2011, 10:10pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from cod.gtfc
Liam is 26, he's hardly as young as some people on here are suggesting, though yes its his first season as a full time professional, so will make mistakes. But if Elding had missed those sitters there would be multiple threads on how rubbish he is. Seems Hearn is turning into the player thats immune to critism on here like Connell was last season.

Having said that I believe he will come good and score closer to 20 goals this season than 10, which will make him our second best striker (though I'd put him first because he does more than just score unlike Connell) in a long time, no bad thing.

You could be right but at this moment in time I'd give my right arm for one of Connel's brilliantly executed goals which in all honesty last season made some games worth going to!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › hearn`s miss

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.