4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
October 26, 2011, 3:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from upthestripes

Honestly Pete, I stood right behind Scott at one of the pre-season games and to be fair he was giving credit as well as criticism when either were due. I don't believe he's quite as one dimensional as some are making out or assuming.

You're probably right but there's a feeling now that the mould has been cast and the more 'entrenched' posters on here have dug in and will stick doggedly to their own impression of the management team. Shades of 'Woods is rubbish he just stands there with his arms folded' and 'Watkiss' body language shows he doesn't get on with so-and-so' and so on that we get on here every season. i don't see this problem myself but this forum is for getting things off your chest, in what ever way can.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
80sglory
October 26, 2011, 3:58pm
Guest User
Like all things, it's a lot easier to give praise when things are going well.
Seems to me Scott loses it when things don't go his way.
Reply: 21 - 33
mariner marc
October 26, 2011, 4:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Quoted from 1600
Like all things, it's a lot easier to give praise when things are going well.
Seems to me Scott loses it when things don't go his way.
reminds me a bit of what happened to Rio not so long ago when he hit a bad patch of form.His brother Anton came on the radio and had a go at some of the fans for slating him in not remembering the tremendous service he has given to the club     a  few bad games and they forgot all the good he had done
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
Marinerz93
October 26, 2011, 6:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Pats on the back come after hard work and results, until then you work hard to achieve the results through blood sweat and tears.  The only time we are consistent is when we are being consistently crap, get it right and the praise and blowing of smoke up players bottom's will ensue en mass.

The problem we have had as fans are concerned is the constant short changing on entertainment, charlatan mercenaries and managers who end up slagging the fans for their short comings.  We could be on par with Lutons attendance if we had a sniff of promotion but aren't because we have the stench of failure in our nostrils and it comes from Fenty and whipping boys.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
upthestripes
October 26, 2011, 6:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from grimsby pete

I was sat behind him at Ebbsfleet Ian,

He was up and down like a yo yo all game,

Not one bit of praise past his lips that night.

Well fair enough Pete. Was there anything worth priaising that day though?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
upthestripes
October 26, 2011, 6:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from RoboCod

You're probably right but there's a feeling now that the mould has been cast and the more 'entrenched' posters on here have dug in and will stick doggedly to their own impression of the management team. Shades of 'Woods is rubbish he just stands there with his arms folded' and 'Watkiss' body language shows he doesn't get on with so-and-so' and so on that we get on here every season. i don't see this problem myself but this forum is for getting things off your chest, in what ever way can.

Oh don't get me wrong I agree, certainly not having a go at anyone, just giving my own personal two penneth.
Suppose when things are going wrong we look for reasons and causes everywhere, and perhaps rightly so.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
barralad
October 26, 2011, 8:39pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Marinerz93
Pats on the back come after hard work and results, until then you work hard to achieve the results through blood sweat and tears.  The only time we are consistent is when we are being consistently crap, get it right and the praise and blowing of smoke up players bottom's will ensue en mass.

The problem we have had as fans are concerned is the constant short changing on entertainment, charlatan mercenaries and managers who end up slagging the fans for their short comings.  We could be on par with Lutons attendance if we had a sniff of promotion but aren't because we have the stench of failure in our nostrils and it comes from Fenty and whipping boys.

To be honest Dave the last thing I could accuse the current squad of is "Not trying". I honestly think we are lacking in the skill department, which has made me reappraise my initial belief that 100% effort is all that is required...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Marinerz93
October 26, 2011, 10:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from barralad

To be honest Dave the last thing I could accuse the current squad of is "Not trying". I honestly think we are lacking in the skill department, which has made me reappraise my initial belief that 100% effort is all that is required...

I have been harsh and I guess it's the frustration of wanting the club and players to achieve what I believe they can.  I'll be honest, I personally struggle to accept that people I put faith in, give up and these players have on more than a few occasions done that. 100% effort in every game will see you finish above mid table in most leagues and as you highlighted the skill coupled with team spirit takes you further.

This team has worked a lot harder than we have seen for several seasons but we still get players only putting in half a shift.  I'm not demanding promotion but I do demand that they give their all not just for us but for each other.  I want that fighting spirit back and I want us to once again 'don't care who the opposition is because they are in for one hell of a game.'

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
80sglory
October 26, 2011, 11:05pm
Guest User
It's a lot easier to put 100% in each game if you're not getting beaten cos motivational levels and heads can quickly drop.

Whilst it's earlyish days, I thought when S&H came, what we lost in skill we would more than make up for in effort.
I think barralad is right about skill levels but throw poor defending and some questionable match tactics into the mix there can't be too much in it ?

At least there's plenty of room for improvement - that's what I'm clinging on to right now...
Reply: 28 - 33
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 27, 2011, 9:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 196
so, why the **** cant we attract a loanee or 2 with at least a little bit of skill to the club???

who was the last player/s we had that had the great combination of a winning mentality and skill???? i am scratching my follically challenged noggin trying to think of someone that set the BP billiard table alight :
and there in lies the problem. players that have been potential targets havent come for one reason or another.

i even heard, from a fellow poster on here, that players agents were actually "discouraging" players from coming here. now, that makes you think! maybe this IS our level.
but, the players I would have liked to have seen arrive in mid season just didnt. the likes of cunnington and ismail yakubu  could have been good aditions to the squad.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Negativity

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.