Reply: 1 - 18
grimsby pete
October 19, 2011, 8:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
The highlights are all in the 1st minute.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
BIGChris
October 19, 2011, 9:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Fishfinger
If you can bare to watch it! Link below  

http://vimeo.com/30786398

Thanks for that!

I thought people on the match thread were complaining about Ridley deflection the first goal past mcKeown? Clearly it was Garner. The defending for the 2nd one was woeful, Bad enough that the guy got a free header but the effort to stop the cross coming in was very sub standard. A distinct lack of urgency and understanding of the need to stop the threat at source!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Maringer
October 19, 2011, 11:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
I thought McKeown was partially at fault for all three, to be honest.

Despite the deflection, I thought he could have done better for the first goal. His attempt to save a weak header at the near post for the second was just ridiculous and the third was just poor play.

Though not really a fan of Arthur, I wonder if it is time to throw him back into the team? McKeown seems to have lost his confidence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Fishfinger
October 19, 2011, 11:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Quoted from BIGChris

Thanks for that!

I thought people on the match thread were complaining about Ridley deflection the first goal past mcKeown? Clearly it was Garner. The defending for the 2nd one was woeful, Bad enough that the guy got a free header but the effort to stop the cross coming in was very sub standard. A distinct lack of urgency and understanding of the need to stop the threat at source!

no problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Simariner
October 19, 2011, 11:11pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Less said about the second and third goal the better.
Disgraceful defending!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 18
codhead91
October 19, 2011, 11:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
How the second goal got in is beyond me? Need somebody to explain to me why McKeown came for the ball for the 3rd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
pontoonlew
October 20, 2011, 12:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from codhead91
How the second goal got in is beyond me? Need somebody to explain to me why McKeown came for the ball for the 3rd.

Because it was his to win, problem was the guy infront of him just excrement him up and he lost all concentration on the ball for me!

Shoddy defending at times really, I just look at Ridley and just think 'just retire' then I see he's still just 29! Astonishingly slow. We had more half chances than I realised and were quite wasteful, Artus in particularly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
codhead91
October 20, 2011, 8:58am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Quoted from pontoonlew

Because it was his to win, problem was the guy infront of him just excrement him up and he lost all concentration on the ball for me!

Shoddy defending at times really, I just look at Ridley and just think 'just retire' then I see he's still just 29! Astonishingly slow. We had more half chances than I realised and were quite wasteful, Artus in particularly.

There was a centre back underneath the ball, there was no need for McKeown to come for it. Especially with their striker free at the back post.

Thought Coulson looked threatening, and Artus got himself in some good positions. Unfortunately he couldn't hit a barn door. Ridley's positioning at times was awful, especially for someone with no pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ebbsfleet Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.