Acceptance

This thread currently has 1,959 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
STB
October 19, 2011, 8:51am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
We'll probably drift around this league for a few years full of false hope each season, then eventually get relegated and fade away into oblivion.
We can all then stand together and blame whoever we like until we too become eroded by the sands of time.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
TownSNAFU5
October 19, 2011, 9:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Hurst did not seem to have an idea how to sort the team out.  When talking to JT last night.  Worrying.  A new experience for the duo?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
RonMariner
October 19, 2011, 10:15am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,788
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from STB
We'll probably drift around this league for a few years full of false hope each season, then eventually get relegated and fade away into oblivion.
We can all then stand together and blame whoever we like until we too become eroded by the sands of time.

I am worried that drifting around the BSP for a few years is not an option. We are running at a gigantic loss each year and it is not feasible for us to continue. Unless JF or MP decide to pump more cash down the tubes to prop us up, the future is bleak. We really need to get into L2 as soon as possible. We lose aroyund £700k a year through not being in L2.

It looks like we don't have a credible play off team at the moment. Our back four is too flimsy. Hard to see us charging up the table any time soon. Assuming we survive at all this year, we may have a team made up of young part timers next year.

Depressed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
forza ivano
October 19, 2011, 10:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,265
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from RonMariner

I am worried that drifting around the BSP for a few years is not an option. We are running at a gigantic loss each year and it is not feasible for us to continue. Unless JF or MP decide to pump more cash down the tubes to prop us up, the future is bleak. We really need to get into L2 as soon as possible. We lose aroyund £700k a year through not being in L2.

It looks like we don't have a credible play off team at the moment. Our back four is too flimsy. Hard to see us charging up the table any time soon. Assuming we survive at all this year, we may have a team made up of young part timers next year.

Depressed.

have to say that unless fenty changes his mind that looks increasingly like the scenario. i worry about the apathy as well - crowds are dropping lower and lower at BP and last night there were no more than 200 there with the poorest turn out of London Mariners i think I've ever seen. (we normally take 300-400) . it was further summed up at the final whistle when some of the players turned round to applaud the fans and found themselves looking at an empty terrace! people had just voted with their feet and couldn't even be bothered to boo them. in some ways i wouldn't mind seing ateam of local youngsters or young rejects maybe not being very good ,but trying their hearts out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
upthestripes
October 19, 2011, 2:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Cambridge and Wrexham have got no money. It might be the best thing that could've happened to us if they're anything to go by!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Cott_Mike
October 19, 2011, 2:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +14
Ask yourself this

Would you buy a Conference Football Club and have to pay the ex chairman 3 million pound back ?.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Acceptance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.