Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Super Clive

A good honest assesment of where we are,

I really hope they can sort it out.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
forza ivano
October 19, 2011, 4:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Marinerz93
We seem to take one step forward and two back, I just can't fathom out how crap we really are.  .

the story of the last 10 years isn't it?
last night was another of those backward steps imho - they took a massive step back at braintree, seemed to get back on an even keel and now this display to knock us back again

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
grimsby pete
October 19, 2011, 4:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from forza ivano

last night was another of those backward steps imho - they took a massive step back at braintree, seemed to get back on an even keel and now this display to knock us back again

I think its my fault , I went last night and I went to Braintree,

Should I stay at home or go to my next planned away game at Cambridge ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
forza ivano
October 19, 2011, 5:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
stay at home please!! or start watching lincoln
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
Koggmaster
October 19, 2011, 6:13pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -3
Quoted from 1600
Which players (apart from Connell) from last seasons squad would you have in the team now ?

We may not have been soundly beaten by teams with lesser budgets under Woods, but we were still beaten (including by Chasetown and at HOME).

Like you say, time will tell though.  

I would suggest the Braintree performance was on par with Chasetown !!  

To be fair you can't really blame Hurst and Scott for making mistakes.
They are relatively new at football management with no experience of the league we're in let alone how to get out of it !

The honest truth is that they shouldn't have been hired in the first place ! They have had 2 seasons in the Conference North and 2 seasons in the league below that ! 2 promotions in that time and they're hired to get a big former league club out of a division they have no knowledge of !!!   Absolute crazyness from Fenty and the board !!!
They promised effort, determination and desire from their team which I would argue is the bear minimum anyway but effort and determination is pretty useless if the quality is lacking.

We've been terribly inconsistant so far this season and it seems to me that there is no middle ground. What I mean is that we've been either good or bloody awful !!  
All i'll say is that 9 losses in the league so far and it's only October is obviously not the start we wanted and I can understand and agree with the frustration around the place at the moment as we have to realise we're gunna be in this league for another season !!!

Avast, me proud beauty! Would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
Marinerz93
October 19, 2011, 6:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from forza ivano

Agreed Forza, but it's mainly come since the Cardiff fiasco and Slades departure certainly. The result last night definitely tells me that there is more than a few players who aren't good enough and don't have the gonads to give 100% every game.  We are in our rightful place through the lack of heart, desire and big hairy gonads.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
ponnyfan
October 19, 2011, 6:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from barralad

I suppose it's pointless asking where the money is coming from for yet another clearout?
The deep pockets of ........................................................... "The Supporters Trust"  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
denni266
October 19, 2011, 6:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from barralad

I suppose it's pointless asking where the money is coming from for yet another clearout?

that is a very good question indeed , people keep going on about what we need to get  and we dont have a penny to spend...  fenty and parker have droped us all in the poop with there spat, no wonder the players dont give all. they are not sure whats going to happen in a few weeks.. pay and club wise. if i worked for employers like that i would be looking to get out and quick
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
wigworld
October 19, 2011, 7:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Most of the players are on short one year contracts, I believe (one year), so a clearout won't be expensive as long as we wait until the end of the season. We may be stuck with Serge for some time though. :/
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 40
headingly_mariner
October 19, 2011, 7:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
We have seen enough desperate managers over the years to recognise the signs and these two are really struggling, slagging the players off like this could well crush the players already fragile confidence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › has shorty lost the plot post match reaction

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.