tintowner
October 17, 2011, 7:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from jock dock tower
All depends as to whether it's an original or not, and there's numerous copies / reprints of it. I've got a couple, and I bought my last one at auction for £45 - admittedly to sell on for a profit as I'm a programme dealer. Really good mint ones would normally go for between £80 to 120. Others, which may be folded, creased, have the teams written in (they were blank when sold) reduces that amount considerably. The bottom's fell out of the programme market in the last few years, the same as it has with any kind of collectables market (a) because of ebay making programmes much more obtainable, and (b) because of the financial climate people have much less disposable income to spend on non essentials.
That's not to say there isn't money to be made, and Grimsby are a particularly well collected club whose older programmes regularly out perform others of a similar vintage. I believe that's because we (RJS Programmes) used to run the programme shop at BP in the late 80's and early 90's whereby we sold really good programmes at reasonable prices and had a fairly loyal clientele who regularly spent well in the shop. Those collectors, by and large, have stayed in the hobby and Town's older programme prices are reflected by their involvement.

Well said John

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
Billybigbollox
October 17, 2011, 7:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +2
was the guy who used 2 sell the programs called sid . . . When i was a young lad we used 2 go in and talk to him and amother old boy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
BIGChris
October 17, 2011, 9:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Billybigbollox
was the guy who used 2 sell the programs called sid . . . When i was a young lad we used 2 go in and talk to him and amother old boy

Sid Woodhead?lived in Salisbury Drive Waltham?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
barralad
October 17, 2011, 9:26pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from BIGChris

Sid Woodhead?lived in Salisbury Drive Waltham?

The very same!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
jock dock tower
October 17, 2011, 10:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164

I moved north in 1991, leaving Sid Woodhead and Ron Cowling behind as RJS Programmes. Ron died young of cancer within a short time of me leaving, and Sid persevered by himself, albeit ably and abetted by club historian Robert Briggs. When the club decided they wanted to expand commercially Sid had to vacate the shop and set up in St Aidans church hall on matchdays for a while, but it never really took off again, as he never had the day to day contact he used to have in the club shop. I hope I'm not the other "old boy" you refer to...only 37 when moving north! No other "old blokes" in there either.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
Billybigbollox
October 17, 2011, 10:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +2
Quoted from jock dock tower

I moved north in 1991, leaving Sid Woodhead and Ron Cowling behind as RJS Programmes. Ron died young of cancer within a short time of me leaving, and Sid persevered by himself, albeit ably and abetted by club historian Robert Briggs. When the club decided they wanted to expand commercially Sid had to vacate the shop and set up in St Aidans church hall on matchdays for a while, but it never really took off again, as he never had the day to day contact he used to have in the club shop. I hope I'm not the other "old boy" you refer to...only 37 when moving north! No other "old blokes" in there either.

You may well of been the other man 37 would of been old back then to me as i was only around 10  ...........Me and my mates used to enjoy going in and having a look ......Phil Neary used to be around quite a lot to as i remember ..........Regards young man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
jock dock tower
October 18, 2011, 2:30pm
Special Brew Drinker

You may well of been the other man 37 would of been old back then to me as i was only around 10  ...........Me and my mates used to enjoy going in and having a look ......Phil Neary used to be around quite a lot to as i remember ..........Regards young man

So you'd have been Billy "wee" bollox then?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
bradzmilne
October 18, 2011, 3:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
the one programme am after, is the famous liverpool game. Anyone interested in selling?

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
barralad
October 18, 2011, 6:58pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from bradzmilne
the one programme am after, is the famous liverpool game. Anyone interested in selling?

Just keep your eye on e-bay. It comes up on there quite often...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
jock dock tower
October 18, 2011, 7:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
There's more than one famous Liverpool game! Although we got humped in the late 1970's in the FACup, we did take an away support over over 20,000 - which is absolutely phenomenal. I also doubt whether that figure has ever been seen at Anfield before or since?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › grimsby town programmes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.