4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
October 8, 2011, 11:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
To be fair i have very little confidence in them, i feel they have taken us backwards and i think the shouty one is a complete member!
I believe they have a rolling contract that is up at the end of the season and if it carries on the way it is i would not be renewing it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
sands
October 8, 2011, 11:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -7
Approval: +1
stick with them i say its gonna take time to sort the excrement they where left
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
STB
October 8, 2011, 11:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Give 'em 12 proper seasons using their own players and then make a judgement, remember kiddies, it takes more than just one poor season to reduce a once proud club to dust.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
we will return
October 8, 2011, 11:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Just look at the table, it takes time to get things right, Wrexham, York, and even Luton in their 3rd season now are at the top whereas us, Stockport, Darlo and the gimps are in the bottom half, give it time and keep a good squad together and it will eventually come right under S&H.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
marinerian
October 8, 2011, 11:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
to be fair we aint far off the pkay offs. It is a excrement league and we have nearly played all the strong teams once! We need to beat the shite and keep beating them

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
TAGG
October 9, 2011, 1:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from sands
stick with them i say its gonna take time to sort the excrement they where left

Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure but I think "the excrement they where left" were in a far better position this time last season than the excrement Dumb & Dummer have lumbered us with

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
arryarryarry
October 9, 2011, 3:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,018
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from DarleyGY
No.

What we need, more than ever in the last ten or twenty years, is a period of stability. In our haste over the last decade to return to the championship, we have scrambled for the best of whatever we can get, all the while not getting it, settling for second or third best, and when they don't immediately work out, they are shipped off, and new people are brought in, leaving us with an unstable club, with a manager that knows he's going to get the sack if he doesn't bring success immediately, and players that know they're going to be kicked out by January if they don't kick of the season with a running start, all down to a board and a fanbase desperate for whatever success they can find in the short term.

Grimsby needs several years in which Scott and Hurst are allowed full control over which a manager should have control of. We should not change managers, or insult players who do do work out off the bat. The fans should be listened to, but they should NOT be catered to. One of the bonuses of being a fan is that you can say what you like in sadness, anger and rage, things which, when you sit down and think about, are stupid, and if what you demanded occurred, the club would be much worse off.

Give Rob and Scott three years and a decent playing budget, then judge them on their successes or failures over that period of time. Nothing good will come of fickle or part time fans screaming for change after such a short period of time. You can never get anything right by some people, and when the league is in full swing, those people stick out like a cat in a kennel. Some of the threads I see on this forum amaze, sadden and disgust me, and those that post these threads have no right to call themselves respectable, sensible Grimsby Town supporters.

A very laudible if somewhat parochial view. If we don't go up this year just who is going to give the current managers a decent playing budget. I fear that failure to go up this year will leave us doomed to non league for many years. Whilst not yet calling for the managers to be replaced, after 14 games they still don't know their best team or tactics and results wise since they joined last season don't seem to suggest that things will improve.

As for giving managers time, If John Fenty hadn't given Neil Woods so much time we might not have found ourselves in this situation.  
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
woodi147
October 9, 2011, 7:49am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Career Underdogs
Enough is enough. These managers are rubbish. They are clueless. Inept. Inexperienced. No track record. No pedigree. 5th Choice in Desperation. Out of their depth. Unprofessional. Even unsuccessful as players.

They must go now.

Nice to see you back have you been on your holidays for the last month

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
woodi147
October 9, 2011, 7:53am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from TAGG

Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure but I think "the excrement they where left" were in a far better position this time last season than the excrement Dumb & Dummer have lumbered us with

Have you been or your hols aswell for the last month

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
BIGChris
October 9, 2011, 7:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from woodi147

Nice to see you back have you been on your holidays for the last month

I think it is called sedation!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Enough is enough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.