Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 10 year anniversary of Liverpool 1 - Grimsby 2
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 99 Guests

10 year anniversary of Liverpool 1 - Grimsby 2

This thread currently has 1,734 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
MyDogsThoughts
October 8, 2011, 1:06pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
I was still boncing up and down after the equaliser and almost missed the winner, but Jevens struck that so well didn't he?

Great night, great game.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
lee65
October 8, 2011, 2:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,489
Gold Stars: 10
My worst football confession!  I left after they scored the penalty, because I felt we'd been cheated (even though it was a pen!)  Walking away from the ground, one of the stewards said we had won and I thought he was taking the urine!  I had my then 11 year old son with me, I have never felt so bad for letting someone else down as that night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
RichMariner
October 8, 2011, 3:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,171
Gold Stars: 212
What a night. I had grown up being told about that Everton match when Wilko scored that winner and I always felt in the shadows of that - a bit short of seeing a moment of history for myself. Then we had that night at Anfield and, given the way things are now, I'll probably die knowing that was the most amazing football moment of my life.

If David Beharall had a great view from behind Jevons, I must have been in line with him as I saw it all the way into the top corner from my seat. Just so many things made that night so special - with all the goals in front of the Town fans being the main one.

Jevvo will always be credited for that win but I hope Danny Coyne's performance will never be overlooked...

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
marinerian
October 8, 2011, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
I was very poorly, with flu during that game, threw up all over a policemans shoes, I did apologise and told him I was ill and not drunk.....hearing a scouse say "Alright mate" did make me smile inside......I missed the Jevons goal as I didn't feel well enough to stand.....but jesus did I feel better when he scored    

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
mothafunda
October 8, 2011, 5:06pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
It would have been John Lennons birthday too. I realise this is slightly irrelevent.

true though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
DubaiMariner
October 8, 2011, 5:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Quoted from lee65
My worst football confession!  I left after they scored the penalty, because I felt we'd been cheated (even though it was a pen!)  Walking away from the ground, one of the stewards said we had won and I thought he was taking the urine!  I had my then 11 year old son with me, I have never felt so bad for letting someone else down as that night.

Oh mate! you're an idiot!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 10 year anniversary of Liverpool 1 - Grimsby 2

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.