Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 10 year anniversary of Liverpool 1 - Grimsby 2
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 83 Guests

10 year anniversary of Liverpool 1 - Grimsby 2

This thread currently has 1,733 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
bax
October 8, 2011, 9:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of the fantastic League Cup win at Anfield. Thought it would be good for those who were there to remember a great night.

I've posted an article featuring new interviews with Phil Jevons and David Beharall which can be found here: http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....led-the-cup-holders/
Logged Offline
Private Message
gary_elton
October 8, 2011, 10:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I filled up watchin that again....steamy glasses...  what we used to have eh ?  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Abdul19
October 8, 2011, 10:21am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,631
Gold Stars: 220
I was going to do a 10 year anniversary post of our 2-0 defeat at home to Rotherham, but I forgot!

Good article though, enjoyable read.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
scrumble
October 8, 2011, 10:33am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
And followed by Towns biggest losing streak. All thanks to Lennie "small town mentality" Lawerence

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Super Clive
October 8, 2011, 10:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
"First division grimsby"  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
aldi_01
October 8, 2011, 11:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
What a flipping night...followed up with a day/night in Mnachester the next day watching oasis and city and manure fans buying me and me mate ales all day and night long because of that victory...

I just remember thinking 'whats he shooting for, we can a least hold out til pens'...then BBBBOOOOOOOMMMMM...what a flipping moment, its times like that when a supporting a smaller club make it all worth while and when i'm proud to say i'm a town fan...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Shiver
October 8, 2011, 12:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
I remember leaving school early that day to be there and it is by far the best football match I have ever been to, the atmosphere and occasion were magnificent!

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
grimsby pete
October 8, 2011, 12:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
I could not make that game,

SO

My memories of Anfield has to be our 5-0 defeat.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
Super Clive
October 8, 2011, 12:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Barrow away everyday of the week.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
TownSNAFU5
October 8, 2011, 1:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
The win was remarkable for the timing as well.   I travelled to BP for the Rotherham game on the Tuesday before. We were dreadful.   Fans joked about LFC needing to make their scoreboard bigger to show a 10-0 defeat.  (This was the time to back Town to win in hindsight).

Everything about the game and occasion was ace.  Winning in the last minute of ET at Anfield.  Also made up for the 5-0 and 3-0 defeats.    

I took 2 scousers in my car from York.  They knew the best pubs and where to park.  Never have 2 shocked scousers stayed quiet for so long on the way home I could not stop smiling.  

I remember a great rear-guard action for most of the game.  Great saves and Danny Butterfield making 3 goal-line clearances.

The only negative for me for the rascist comments from some so called fans when Heskey was warming up as a sub.  Very immature behaviour. (Which my Liverpool mates also picked up on).

We have certainly gone downhill in the last 10 years.  The biggest understatement in football.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 10 year anniversary of Liverpool 1 - Grimsby 2

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.