October 7, 2011, 7:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aaron rattray
i shall buy grimsby

And here's aaron to add another pearl of wisdom.......
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
aaron rattray
October 7, 2011, 7:50am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And here's aaron to add another pearl of wisdom.......

the next michael barrymors strikes again

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
Biccys
October 7, 2011, 9:50am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Oh my. All the light on their loafers types had better beware...

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 34
Garth
October 7, 2011, 9:57am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
i shall buy grimsby

Thats it then now its a certainty that no one else will invest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
GrimRob
October 7, 2011, 1:54pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,473
Gold Stars: 115
i shall buy grimsby

You could be made king one day

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 34
Denby
October 7, 2011, 2:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from potboiler
The Trust has no money .. certainly not the £1 million a year the club needs to counteract its current trading losses.

just to say, the massive losses we're currently running at can be reduced.  the annual losses are so high because of fenty's utter incompetence
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
Pontoon Steve
October 7, 2011, 5:02pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +6
Right then everybody, get of your arses and go out and buy a Euro Lottery ticket for tonight, you never know, you've got to be in it to win it, i've got mine and if i win the £100 million Town can have a million for nowt.

[URL=http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/steve427/media/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p594/steve427/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
Marinerz93
October 7, 2011, 7:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

I would think he would not convert that much in to shares as it would take him over the 51% rule that MP fell foul to. Anyway there must be a limit to how many shares there are available I would have thought.

You mean the 75% ownership of shares he held the club ransom to but never took up in the first place  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
Marinerz93
October 7, 2011, 7:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from potboiler
Marinerz93

I agree with you. And looking at Fenty's "management" of the club it's hard to see how he could ever have made enough money in his other life to be able to chuck £2 million at Town.

Human nature dictates that Fenty will be emotionally unwilling to write off £2 million just for the pleasure of giving some other poor so-and-so more of a fighting chance of succeeding where he failed.

The Trust has no money .. certainly not the £1 million a year the club needs to counteract its current trading losses. My fear is that the Trust will be just another turn-off for potential investors ... and without investment the club will most probably continue in its current downward spiral.

I just cannot see why anyone in their right mind would invest in GTFC as a business.

Am I missing something?

In the fish trade, filleters are mainly on piece work and the labourers are on work hard or get laid off, the company employees are working hard for the same cause.  The company does well the filleters get good money and the labourers stay employed and maybe get a chance to learn filleting.

In football you have individuals who are on a contract and get paid regardless of effort.  If they are managed right you get results if not then it's likely down to some players either wanting to move on, better pay, closer to home or don't like the manager.

JF has no intention of writing off the loans, if he had he would either of converted it to shares or written it off before now.

The trust would sell enough shares if the right investor came along and any money generated would more than likely be used to benefit the club, win win.

What's putting potential investors off is £2million pounds of loans from someone else's mistakes.

It's like buying a car or house, you pay what the going rate is, you don't take on someone else's debt.  Get rid of the £2 million debt then cast our net.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
Bullitt
October 7, 2011, 8:27pm
Guest User

the next michael barrymors strikes again

Oh great another gay murderer.
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC shares are worth fv<k all

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.