This thread currently has 3,601 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
potboiler
October 6, 2011, 5:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Quoted from PrestwichMariner
Safe until the new year - thats 12 weeks away so I hope someone somewhere is going to come up with a large wad of cash by then! Unfortunately it won't be me and I doubt if it will be any other poster on here so while its OK to criticise negativity a bit of a reality check wouldn't come amiss either!

It's hard to see why anyone would invest in GTFC (or indeed any football club). Without director subsidies the club would have gone into liquidation years ago and things are getting worse not better ... a "big" club in the BS Premier is in a much weaker position than newer, leaner outfits on the way up - a la AFC Wimbledon.

I really think the club may have to start again .. without the BP millstone, without Fenty's debts but perhaps with an air of positivism that can only be generated by accepting the reality of the situation ... perhaps with a part-time team playing in front of 2,000 max at somewhere like the Withdean - ie temporary stands around a public playing field.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
80sglory
October 6, 2011, 6:21pm
Guest User
I could see us groundsharing at Sincil Bank.  
Reply: 11 - 34
GrimRob
October 6, 2011, 6:54pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,473
Gold Stars: 115
The Bank of England are about to print £75bn worth of money and Merv hasn't had the decency to reply to my letter asking him to give 2 million to Town. Hopefully there'll be a cheque on the way as it's only been announced today.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 34
Jonaldo
October 6, 2011, 7:10pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Are we on Steve Jobs' will by any chance?

Up The Mermaids!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
siy2k5
October 6, 2011, 9:24pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
I bet you're a hoot at parties!!

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
Marinerz93
October 6, 2011, 11:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from potboiler
GTFC was hardly a viable business when the team was in the Championship .. today it is a basket case waiting to die .. it needs cash, business acumen and time .. the Trust has none of these things ...  I really think this could be the beginning of the end ..

Who knows what each member of the trust can bring to the table.  One thing I'm guessing is that minutes were recorded so that you know who proposed something and what they said.

Answer the points below and you'll see why no one is investing in Town.

Maybe your thread should be aimed at Elsom, Chapman and Fenty's benign £2 Million loan which hangs like a millstone around the clubs neck.

MP has invested over £1.25 million in 20 months, why hasn't the board re-organised as promised and why did JF allow MP to buy more shares knowing that it would cause a power shift.

If JF has like he says as good as written off the loan why not convert it into shares, it reads better on the books and any investor will see that there isn't anything in teh cupboard to scare them off.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
cleethorpes_mariner
October 7, 2011, 12:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Marinerz93

Who knows what each member of the trust can bring to the table.  One thing I'm guessing is that minutes were recorded so that you know who proposed something and what they said.

Answer the points below and you'll see why no one is investing in Town.

Maybe your thread should be aimed at Elsom, Chapman and Fenty's benign £2 Million loan which hangs like a millstone around the clubs neck.

MP has invested over £1.25 million in 20 months, why hasn't the board re-organised as promised and why did JF allow MP to buy more shares knowing that it would cause a power shift.

If JF has like he says as good as written off the loan why not convert it into shares, it reads better on the books and any investor will see that there isn't anything in teh cupboard to scare them off.

I would think he would not convert that much in to shares as it would take him over the 51% rule that MP fell foul to. Anyway there must be a limit to how many shares there are available I would have thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
potboiler
October 7, 2011, 12:05am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Marinerz93

I agree with you. And looking at Fenty's "management" of the club it's hard to see how he could ever have made enough money in his other life to be able to chuck £2 million at Town.

Human nature dictates that Fenty will be emotionally unwilling to write off £2 million just for the pleasure of giving some other poor so-and-so more of a fighting chance of succeeding where he failed.

The Trust has no money .. certainly not the £1 million a year the club needs to counteract its current trading losses. My fear is that the Trust will be just another turn-off for potential investors ... and without investment the club will most probably continue in its current downward spiral.

I just cannot see why anyone in their right mind would invest in GTFC as a business.

Am I missing something?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
80sglory
October 7, 2011, 1:11am
Guest User
I wouldn't underestimate what effect a fresh start and fresh ideas could make.
There's more to buying and running a football club than buying a 2nd hand car where you buy the car and short of a replacement parts that's pretty much it.

You can bring your own vision, business sense, football knowledge(possibly), a stategic plan to make it more successful and appealing.
Plus we've got a potentially wider fanbase too.

Does Fenty even want to make the club a viable buying proposition ?
Personally I doubt it because why didn't he just buy shares when Parker did ?

I now think headingly mariner is right - he should just right the loans off cos I'm not even sure I trust him to put the best interests of the club first anymore.
Reply: 18 - 34
aaron rattray
October 7, 2011, 7:34am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
i shall buy grimsby

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC shares are worth fv<k all

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.