Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What the word "supporter" means!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 75 Guests

What the word "supporter" means!

This thread currently has 2,234 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
STB
October 6, 2011, 2:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from flash1

LYLE & SCOTT very stylish and very expensive!

Woz it trapped in a 90s Fast Show timewarp !!

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
brigg_mariner
October 6, 2011, 4:40pm

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
A "SUPPORTER" goes to as many games a possible.

A "FOLLOWER" does not got to all the games, does not support to their full capacity.

It is a silly argument really as there are alot of different factors in why people will stop going to watch Town that some people don't take into consideration as see it as like a competition to say "Im a proper supporter your not" and rubbish like that.

• Moving out of the area
  • Having children
  • Growing out of it
  • Not enjoying it any more
  • Not being financially viable

These are all contributing factors.

I for one will say I am just a follower, BSP just does not give me the excitement as it did when we were a league club, its simple as that.

I go to watch town probably twice a month, I also go to watch Chelsea home and away in England and in Europe, I am not really bothered if I get called a follower or a glory supporter or whatever, as long as I enjoy it I couldn't really give a rats behind.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 6, 2011, 4:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,088
Gold Stars: 195
I AGREE BRIGG. WELL, WITH MOST OF IT.

I ACTUALLY ENJOY THE BSP. ITS LIKE PROPER BACK TO BASICS. THE GROUNDS ARE WONDERFUL AND THE FANS ARE TOO. HAVENT SEEN ANY TROUBLE AT ANY GAME, AND THE FACT THAT THERE ARE QUITE A FEW LOCAL-ISH GAME FOR ME IS SUPERB.
I USE TAMWORTH LAST SEASON AS AN EXAMPLE. OK, WE LOST 2-1, BUT HAD SUCH A LAUGH IN THE AWAY END.
AND GOING INTO THE SUPPORTERS CLUBS AT FOREST GREEN AND BATH CITY WAS EXCELLENT. NO HOSTILITIES AT ALL. OK, IT MAY BE DIFFERENT FOR LINCOLN,MANSFIELD AND MAYBE LUTON, BUT THEY ARE THE EXCEPTION.

WE EVEN GOT WELCOMED INTO A CRICKET CLUB AT THE NEWPORT GAME!!!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
flash1
October 6, 2011, 5:01pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from brigg_mariner
A "SUPPORTER" goes to as many games a possible.

A "FOLLOWER" does not got to all the games, does not support to their full capacity.

It is a silly argument really as there are alot of different factors in why people will stop going to watch Town that some people don't take into consideration as see it as like a competition to say "Im a proper supporter your not" and rubbish like that.

• Moving out of the area
  • Having children
  • Growing out of it
  • Not enjoying it any more
  • Not being financially viable

These are all contributing factors.

I for one will say I am just a follower, BSP just does not give me the excitement as it did when we were a league club, its simple as that.

I go to watch town probably twice a month, I also go to watch Chelsea home and away in England and in Europe, I am not really bothered if I get called a follower or a glory supporter or whatever, as long as I enjoy it I couldn't really give a rats behind.

i started reading this mate,but the avater stopped me,please keep feedback to a short sentence please lol

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
timmo
October 6, 2011, 9:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +58
Quoted from flash1

its easier to make excuses for not visiting bp on a saturday when its 300 miles,and i should know living 35 mile away,but to me i class myself as a supporter!

so am i a 'supporter'? because am currently in cyprus as you can guess i dont go every week. but every game my mate keeps me updated via text if am at work and if am not ill try and listen to the games via online radio.

prior to coming out here i madesure i went to 1 home game and 1 away a month due to work commitments.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What the word "supporter" means!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.