2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
October 4, 2011, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
What was the point in him buying all those shares only to give them away? Is he now nothing to do with the club at all? I'm really confused by all of it.
Logged Online
Private Message
BIGChris
October 4, 2011, 12:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Mike Parker is still a significant shareholder in GTFC even after gifting the 500,000 shares
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
RoboCod
October 4, 2011, 12:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
But after giving them away the question now looms larger than ever, what is his agenda ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Wrawby_Mariner
October 4, 2011, 12:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from RoboCod
But after giving them away the question now looms larger than ever, what is his agenda ?

Until we know otherwise, I think we should just treat it as a gift to the fans and give them a voice.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 3 - 17
killingholmemariner
October 4, 2011, 12:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -8
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Until we know otherwise, I think we should just treat it as a gift to the fans and give them a voice.

This!, I think as a fan he's probably upset the majority dont have any say at all within the club, And probably to take some power away from Fenty and the board members already

J99 Upper findus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
acko338
October 4, 2011, 2:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
If the trust accepts the shares and are allowed to do so, what financial guarantees will the new amount of holding shares force on them as a yearly requirement - we are losing money and need financial backing not just fans' voices giving their opinions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Grim up north
October 4, 2011, 8:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 1
I think he had to give away the extra shares or take the club on which he doesnt fancy doing, I'm not knocking him for that as hes been good enough to help the club whilst its deep in the excrement - same as John Fenty , whatever people think - he's a fan like the rest of us -the only differance between us is I wouldnt have the balls to chuck 2 million into something I knew I wasnt going to get a penny back for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
GrimRob
October 5, 2011, 6:41pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,473
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Grim up north
I think he had to give away the extra shares or take the club on which he doesnt fancy doing, I'm not knocking him for that as hes been good enough to help the club whilst its deep in the excrement - same as John Fenty , whatever people think - he's a fan like the rest of us -the only differance between us is I wouldnt have the balls to chuck 2 million into something I knew I wasnt going to get a penny back for.

It's not often I quote the bible but wealth is relative

Luke 20:45-21:4

As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.

"I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

The parable means that you spending your last tenner on a ticket to BP or even going overdrawn to buy a Town shirt are actually giving more than Fenty and Parker.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 17
wigworld
October 5, 2011, 6:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Are you BP Vicar in disguise?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 17
supertown
October 5, 2011, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,482
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from GrimRob

It's not often I quote the bible but wealth is relative

Luke 20:45-21:4

As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.

"I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

The parable means that you spending your last tenner on a ticket to BP or even going overdrawn to buy a Town shirt are actually giving more than Fenty and Parker.

very dramatic, except we wouldnt exist now if it wasnt for JF wealth. We would without the odd tenner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mike Parker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.