FishOutOfWater
September 29, 2011, 11:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Ryan played around a 100 games for us, at a very young age.  He coped well with some big brutish strikers.  He seemed to be a mature, sensible character, with a good attitude and willing to learn and develop. Qualities not that common for someone so young.  He was happy to show leadership in organising the defence, and more experienced players.

Much better at CB  than at FB.  All these factors indicate potential. It is still a long way to go.  Worth the though for a top club in the future. His lack of pace might be a barrier.  I hope he looks back on his time with us with great fondess. We enabled him to get his career back on track after leaving Ipswich.

Did anyone expect Danny Butterfield to do so well for so long in a higher Division? Potential is hard to define and predict accurately.  

I'm being a bit pedantic here....I get where you're coming from with Danny Butterfield but in reality he didn't play at a higher level after he left us

He just stayed at the same level he'd already achieved with us whereas Town fell down, down and down again

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 23
pontoonlew
September 30, 2011, 1:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'm being a bit pedantic here....I get where you're coming from with Danny Butterfield but in reality he didn't play at a higher level after he left us

He just stayed at the same level he'd already achieved with us whereas Town fell down, down and down again

I'm being a bit pedantic here...he played in the Premier League.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
FishOutOfWater
September 30, 2011, 1:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from pontoonlew

I'm being a bit pedantic here...he played in the Premier League.

I stand corrected and take back what I said about him....even though it was only for a handful of games, he did indeed play in the Prem

That'll teach me to get my facts right before I stick my nose in

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 23
psgmariner
October 6, 2011, 8:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Didn't even make the bench

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Bennet in U21s Squad

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.