3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Keelbysaint
September 28, 2011, 8:32am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
So the fans have got rid of fenty and are causing our decline on the pitch

we really are a bad lot.

Unfortunately it is a fact of football that when results are not good, fans get frustrated (rightly or wrongly). It is up to the players to put this right. Surely this is something that they are taught to cope with, and the majority of players imply that they cant even tell what the crowd are saying/chanting through the game.

Yes a negative atmosphere is not what we want, but having friends who support other teams, I know there are much more abusive places than at town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
marinerjase
September 28, 2011, 8:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,682
Gold Stars: 147
I go but don't boo, even though we aren't very good. Think Scott makes a valid point re 'a work in progress', it's just that after a few years of abject failure the fans don't really want it to take time. Both sides probably have a case.

One thing that may help this season is that there is no stand out side, and teams are taking points off each other. However, it's going to take a run of 4 or five wins in a row, and then remain consistent, to maintain a play off hope. Given our record consistency isn't a strong point. You never know, funny old game and all that, but 3 or 4 loans until the end of the season may give our weak areas a boost and turn us into an ok Conference side. Pending of course what happens in the boardroom/playground.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
STB
September 28, 2011, 8:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
I think I just want some genuine hope and a bit of value for money.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
dapperz fun pub
September 28, 2011, 9:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from STB

are you only coming back when league footbally comes back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
STB
September 28, 2011, 9:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

are you only coming back when league footbally comes back?

I'm not sure.
I thought I'd be back already but TBH, I don't think I'll ever be up to my 35 games a season level.
Maybe I'm just one of the post Slade missing 2000.
I loved the Lincs cup game at Lincoln this season though.
In the big scheme of things, my attendance won't change anything.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
Garth
September 28, 2011, 9:42am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from STB

Fair weather[s] supporter![/s ]follower
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
Super Clive
September 28, 2011, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Keelbysaint how are the fans causing decline on the pitch ? Seriously for intercourse sake that pisses me right off and how have the fans got rid of john f when he resigned because  of parker ? Fans are to blame blah blah stop listening to fenty and open your eyes, if the fans didn't turn up in the numbers we have been doing the club wouldn't even be here, I'm amazed we still have 3 k
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
September 28, 2011, 10:23am
Guest User
Great post Moosey. I agree with your comments about outstanding commitment. I appreciate it doesn't always go as planned, I verbally support the lads at games but if I feel they have let me down then I reserve the right to boo them off at the end. I booed them off at Stockport as they didn't compete and were awful throughout. But when they give everything they are heroes to me.
Reply: 17 - 26
mariner91
September 28, 2011, 10:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Super Clive
Keelbysaint how are the fans causing decline on the pitch ? Seriously for intercourse sake that pisses me right off and how have the fans got rid of john f when he resigned because  of parker ? Fans are to blame blah blah stop listening to fenty and open your eyes, if the fans didn't turn up in the numbers we have been doing the club wouldn't even be here, I'm amazed we still have 3 k

Whooosh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
RonMariner
September 28, 2011, 11:17am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from petethemariner
The best way that Elding and others can stop any bitching toward them is to be 100% committed to the cause,
i am old enough to remember Bobby Cumming in his youth and to be honest he wasn't great, just committed, the fans at GTFC love that, he gained confidence through it and blossomed to become a  great player and a GTFC legend - if Anthony Elding wears his heart on his sleeve  and grafts GTFC fans will be behind him, just as they now are in support of Rob Duffy/Serge Makofo, who knuckled down and grafted - total commitment is they only way forward for this club now.

Good point.  I remeber that Livvo came in for plenty of stick when he first joined but later on became a firm favorite and something of a legend.

So it can be turned around.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rob Scott Post Match Interviews

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.