Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 229 Guests

Changes

This thread currently has 2,420 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 10:27pm
Guest User
I'Anson needs to play CB to give a fragile backline some pace.
Coulson needs to play centrally/up front (been saying this for ages) - looked our main attacking threat all night.
Got to start more positively away from home - no point sitting back and going a goal down before you attack.

Cheers.  
Quagmire
September 27, 2011, 10:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Have you had your account hacked 80s?

There's no over analysis, no quotes, no need for me to scroll to the bottom of the page or anything.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
Tommy
September 27, 2011, 10:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
And Makofo should be dropped. One cross (to Elding) and one 5 yard pass for Coulson to assist the equaliser is not enough of a contribution in 90 minutes.

Mightt have had a couple of runs in the second half but there was no end product with any of them. Why did he take a touch with that chance when he had 3 defenders and the goalkeeper flying towards the goal line to block a shot? And why did he not cross the ball into the box in the last few minutes when the keeper is up there? And he looked at Church gone out when he was slating him for not slinging it in the mixer. Didn't think I would ever say this but the kid has less of a football brain than Peter Bore!!!

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 10:34pm
Guest User
Just tired of repeating the same thing about Coulson - can't believe fans or even Scott can't see it.  

Pace at the back doesn't need much elaboration.
Reply: 3 - 24
upthestripes
September 27, 2011, 10:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Tommy
And Makofo should be dropped. One cross (to Elding) and one 5 yard pass for Coulson to assist the equaliser is not enough of a contribution in 90 minutes.

Mightt have had a couple of runs in the second half but there was no end product with any of them. Why did he take a touch with that chance when he had 3 defenders and the goalkeeper flying towards the goal line to block a shot? And why did he not cross the ball into the box in the last few minutes when the keeper is up there? And he looked at Church gone out when he was slating him for not slinging it in the mixer. Didn't think I would ever say this but the kid has less of a football brain than Peter Bore!!!

He's potentially a really good player but can't think quickly enough in any situation. So frustrating because if he was even a little bit more decisive he'd be a gem.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 10:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from Tommy

See exactly what you mean but are you being a wee bit harsh ?
Most probably should have hit it first time but at least he got his efforts on target, including 1 tipped over.
Think Eagle's been a bit unlucky not to start though...

Apart from Disley and Coulson who else created much ? Thought Kiddy looked a lot more creative than we did.
Thought Artus was poor tonight - predicted Elding for Artus sub before it happened.

Reply: 5 - 24
STB
September 27, 2011, 11:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from 1600

- predicted Elding for Artus sub before it happened.

That's usually the best time for a prediction.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
moosey_club
September 28, 2011, 12:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from STB

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
petethemariner
September 28, 2011, 12:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from 1600
I'Anson needs to play CB to give a fragile backline some pace.
Coulson needs to play centrally/up front (been saying this for ages) - looked our main attacking threat all night.
Got to start more positively away from home - no point sitting back and going a goal down before you attack.

Cheers.  

I have always said Coulson isn't a winger, he is a goalscorer, so i definitely agree with you there 80's, not sure on the CB thing though, i  think when we are done for pace its mostly out wide through lack of team shape, IMO we have 4 CB's easily good enough for this standard - L'Anson i have to admit i have only seen play twice and he was decent  enough without being oustanding - i need to be convinced about him- in a peverse sort of way, he would probably would be more suited to league football,where that extra yard of pace matters more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
80sglory
September 28, 2011, 12:40am
Guest User
Quoted from STB

Good one !
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Changes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.