This thread currently has 5,272 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
pseudonym
September 25, 2011, 7:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
The dyslexic next to me had Dingle on his shirt. Thank god we didn't sign Tuncay
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
dapperz fun pub
September 25, 2011, 8:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from kamakazebear

[img]http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/javaImages/f6/15/0,,10417~3741174,00.jpg[/img]

Could be a close competition though!

god i hate that cuunt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
bradzmilne
September 25, 2011, 8:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
The reason HandS play elding is we payed a fee for him, am nearly certain. Cant see any other reason  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
gtfc98
September 25, 2011, 8:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
I thought he did well first half and while he faded in the second half we weren't playing to his strengths. He's not a target man, that's not his game. A mate of mine is a stevenage fan and said he was most effectively for them when he was playing off a big target man. I get the impression that many of the morons had written Elding off before he'd even kicked a ball for us, every mistake he makes is magnified, yet Makofo can play with the footballing brain of a vegetable (he was a complete liability at times yesterday) and still get the appreciation of the crowd. Also I'd like to point out that the same morons who booed Duffy off the pitch on numerous occasions were the same ones cheering him onto the pitch yesterday. Make your minds up for felicitations sake.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
Borbs
September 25, 2011, 8:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Elding needs to play off another target man, Hearn likes to drop off defenders for the ball played through as for his goal and miss yesterday. I think if Elding sat a little deeper and played Hearn in a la Gary Jones (admit he is not that skilfull) it would help Hearn, he gets in good positions in the box but just can't create enough space to get the ball away without a block coming in. Time will tell we were certainly not outplayed yesterday but could see Wrexham were pushing up in midfield and Shouty and Shorty left it too late to react I feel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
Tommy
September 25, 2011, 9:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from bradzmilne
The reason HandS play elding is we payed a fee for him, am nearly certain. Cant see any other reason  

Maybe it's got something to do with the 113 goals he has scored, just about all of which were scored in the BSP or League Two.

He's been playing for a new team for 2 months ffs. Give him time to settle. And all the sharp objects shouting abuse at him try shouting encouragement rather than telling him his excrement.

The poster above that mentioned Serge getting away with generally being excrement is spot on. Wood gives the ball away all the time but gets away with it because he clatters into people all the time.

Just because a few loud morons get on Elding's case a lot of the sheep that sit around them follow suit as he becomes the easy target.

I'm not saying he's had a great start to his GTFC career but he's obviously got goals in him so give him a chance and don't turn against him otherwise he'll never come good with his own fans abusing him.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 54
bradzmilne
September 25, 2011, 9:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Tommy
Maybe it's got something to do with the 113 goals he has scored, just about all of which were scored in the BSP or League Two. He's been playing for a new team for 2 months ffs. Give him time to settle. And all the sharp objects shouting abuse at him try shouting encouragement rather than telling him his excrement. The poster above that mentioned Serge getting away with generally being excrement is spot on. Wood gives the ball away all the time but gets away with it because he clatters into people all the time. Just because a few loud morons get on Elding's case a lot of the sheep that sit around them follow suit as he becomes the easy target. I'm not saying he's had a great start to his GTFC career but he's obviously got goals in him so give him a chance and don't turn against him otherwise he'll never come good with his own fans abusing him.

completly agree with you tommy, but when duffy is in good form why play someone that is not in form? does not make sense

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
Tommy
September 25, 2011, 9:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from bradzmilne

completly agree with you tommy, but when duffy is in good form why play someone that is not in form? does not make sense

Duffy was in good form but was allegedly a bit off-form at Stockport, where Elding came on and did ok so I read. And then Elding scored on Tuesday night so you can see why they went with him. Strikers are there to score goals and it'd be strange to drop one after scoring in the previous match unless it was for a change of formation.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
Laceby Andy
September 25, 2011, 9:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +2
I dont think elding has done too badly the last 2 or 3 games and it almost felt on saturday people were waiting for a mistake to moan at him. He didnt hardly make any mistakes and was unlucky with the goal he scored being just offside. He seams to be linking with hearn well too which you could see a lot in the first half.

I dont usually sit in the main stand but i sat next to a season ticket holder friend in there for a change and I was shocked how quiet people were and didnt clap and encourage the team even though up until the second for them we looked better then them. It took and 25 yarder and a very good team goal in a 5 min spell to beat what was quite a dominant performance by town. This team like any team will play better with encouragement so we should get behind them. Getting on the teams backs for miscontrolling a ball or a misplaced pass only helps the team we are playing.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 4:40am
Guest User
Quoted from OneLove
what does he atually do???

Willing runner.
Links up well with Hearn and can hold the ball up well when on his game.

Quoted from Tommy
And then Elding scored on Tuesday night so you can see why they went with him.

Duffy must feel a bit gutted though because he scored, got dropped for Elding who scored and Hurst then said Elding had won the shirt.
Maybe it's squad rotation or they just prefer mobile players cos they've favoured him quite a bit after a poor pre-season.
Not that I didn't think he had some potential cos I said so before he scored when he came on as sub looking much sharper.
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › elding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.