This thread currently has 2,848 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
hook line and sinker
September 21, 2011, 7:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
I know its childish too pick sides but the way these too are carrying on at present it would be good too have a rough idea on who people are siding with
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
September 21, 2011, 7:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,048
Gold Stars: 84
fenty has took the club on a downward spiral and seems to love the attention of it all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
GrimRob
September 21, 2011, 7:23pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,447
Gold Stars: 114
Fenty. Parker insisting on buying shares with his funds was quite sneaky and has provoked this crisis. If Fenty had put all his money in shares he'd be majority shareholder by some margin.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 30
dapperz fun pub
September 21, 2011, 7:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
Fenty. Parker insisting on buying shares with his funds was quite sneaky and has provoked this crisis. If Fenty had put all his money in shares he'd be majority shareholder by some margin.

no chance of recouping the money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
headingly_mariner
September 21, 2011, 7:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from GrimRob

Is that sarcasm?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
Guttedgate
September 21, 2011, 7:26pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Parker did what was right for the club by increasing his shareholding rather than a loan which one day will need paying back in fentys case!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
GrimRob
September 21, 2011, 7:28pm

Quoted from headingly_mariner

Is that sarcasm?

Nobody disputes Fenty has ploughed far more than Parker into the club. Fenty has also devoted whole years of his life to serving our club. What has Parker ever done other than attend a few board meetings and storm off a  few months ago when things didn't go his way? He won't even do the decent thing now and be on the board.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 6 - 30
headingly_mariner
September 21, 2011, 7:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Nobody disputes Fenty has ploughed far more than Parker into the club. Fenty has also devoted whole years of his life to serving our club. What has Parker ever done other than attend a few board meetings and storm off a  few months ago when things didn't go his way? He won't even do the decent thing now and be on the board.

Not in terms of issued shares, in loans yes but my feeling remains that he will want this money back. it is not sneaky to buy shares in the club it is the best way to put money into it as that money is now secure within the club unlike fenty's money. I only wish fenty had devoted whole years of his life to something he could have been successful at.

We dont know what Parker is all about but we have years of experience of Fenty's failure, so i dont see a change as a gamble in anyway as the club is already cruising to oblivion under Fenty.

Sack the Board (actually sack them not the aptly named poster)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
Marinerz93
September 21, 2011, 7:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
It's hard to pick sides without knowing the whole truth.

Parker has put money into the club as shares where as Fenty has done it as benign loans.  Bought shares look good on the books, benign loans scare away potential investors.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
Super Clive
September 21, 2011, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Parker, Fenty has had his chance and the consequences could be dear. I know I can't be picky but Parker everyday of the week.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
GrimRob
September 21, 2011, 7:45pm

It is sneaky because if you recall we had a special resolution at the AGM about 3 years ago when Fenty wanted to buy 75% of the shares. I was there and the resolution was voted for unianimously by all present who held shares, including me. That was his condition for pumping all the money he has done into GTFC. Parker's actions have effectively undone that resolution so Fenty has every right to withdraw his support as his condition that he has absolute control has been broken.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 10 - 30
Marinerz93
September 21, 2011, 7:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Until Parker turned up did he buy 75% of the shares because all I have heard banded around is that Fenty had 51% of the shares.  If he didn't take up his own condition of 75% shares why didn't he and why was the money used instead as benign loans.

It seems to me that Fenty hasn't been the saviour we all thought he was and is only protecting his investment, at this moment in time Parker has more to lose than Fenty and he has only been associated with the club for 20 months not 7+ years.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
cleeimp
September 21, 2011, 7:50pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
My self I've a good feeling after listening to MP's speech if He finds a chairman of his choice  I think that we will benefit in the near future because as a successful man MP know what he wants and will go out and get it.
Which can do a lot of good for the fans and club the  whole charade as been  coming for a few seasons now with so many promises broken  and the failure to appoint a good manager and when he had a good one he let him good then with that the slide through the league began.
Thank you for am good game last night lads I realy enjoyed the spirit.UTMM

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
Quagmire
September 21, 2011, 7:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from GrimRob
Parker's actions have effectively undone that resolution so Fenty has every right to withdraw his support as his condition that he has absolute control has been broken.

But Fenty and his yes men sanctioned the sale of those shares to Parker ffs!

If Fenty didn't want Parker to have a majority shareholding all he had to do was to pressure the 2 Ronnie's (just as it appears he did in the Slade v Woods decision) into rejecting that request to purchase additional shares.

Alternatively he (Fenty) could have purchased additional shares himself thus diluting Parker's shareholding.

I find it crazy that the man who ultimately signed off on the sale of those shares to Mike Parker is now mithering about him (Parker) having more shares than himself and is now throwing his toys out of the pram (Fenty).

Jesus wept.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
Chris
September 21, 2011, 7:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Fenty.

What I think of Parker I won't say publicly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
Marinerz93
September 21, 2011, 8:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chris
Fenty.

What I think of Parker I won't say publicly.

It would be interesting to hear what he was got to say about the fans who don't like him rather than someone who has invested £1.25+ million into the club and isn't even on the board, by choice.

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
voice of reason
September 21, 2011, 8:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from GrimRob
It is sneaky because if you recall we had a special resolution at the AGM about 3 years ago when Fenty wanted to buy 75% of the shares. I was there and the resolution was voted for unianimously by all present who held shares, including me. That was his condition for pumping all the money he has done into GTFC. Parker's actions have effectively undone that resolution so Fenty has every right to withdraw his support as his condition that he has absolute control has been broken.

There is nothing sneaky about it... The board including JF would have to approve MP's offer to purchase more shares...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
cleethorpes_mariner
September 21, 2011, 8:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Fenty for me, as I don’t trust Parker.

Parker bought shares to protect his money not help the club, If a new person or persons want to come in and take over they will have to buy Parkers shares if they want to own the club, giving him his money back. if he had put them in loans then there would be no guarantee that he would get it back any time soon.

What scares me is Parker saying in a round about way the other night is  he is happy for the club to be in financial difficulties if JF does not commit to putting money in as He will defiantly not be putting more money in.
Its OK going part time and having no player budget if your happy to stay in this league for ever more. We cant have it both ways.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
MJMariner
September 21, 2011, 8:19pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Parker bought shares to protect his money not help the club

??????

Seriously?

So, let me get this straight - you protect your money by putting the money in in the first place?  Surely the best way to protect your money is to not put it in in the first place?

And the money that you put in (to protect the money that you're putting in btw) doesn't help the club in any way, shape, or form?

Is it any wonder we're in the mess we're in when people continue to support the very man that has brought us to this position?

I don't trust Parker, I don't know why.  I'd prefer that the man that has presided over our relegation to the Conference, constantly spouts shite, and has turned us into a non-league club that loses a million quid each season to continue in his current role!!

Maybe Fenty is right!  It is the fans fault!  It's the idiots who continue to back him and not question years of mismanagement that have brought us to this point!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
GrimRob
September 21, 2011, 8:21pm

It was sneaky because MP said he'd match JF pound for pound and there would be a partnership. Fenty went along with this because he accepted his word that MP would do what he said it would presumaby halve the bill for JF. MP then threw his toys out the pram (I have no idea if this was pre-planned) once he'd bought just enough shares to be top dog.  Now JF was snookered - he was no longer the main man. OK he's got a good excuse to jack it in. I'd have done it years ago if I were him, I'm amazed he put up with all the criticism as long as he did.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 19 - 30
voice of reason
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1

Parker bought shares to protect his money not help the club, If a new person or persons want to come in and take over they will have to buy Parkers shares if they want to own the club, giving him his money back. if he had put them in loans then there would be no guarantee that he would get it back any time soon.

What scares me is Parker saying in a round about way the other night is  he is happy for the club to be in financial difficulties if JF does not commit to putting money in as He will defiantly not be putting more money in.
Its OK going part time and having no player budget if your happy to stay in this league for ever more. We cant have it both ways.

Your argument is all bottom about face mate... I think you will find a loan can be recalled, shares can only be sold IF someone is willing to buy them....

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
dapperz fun pub
Special Brew Drinker

parker bought shares to protect his money????????????  FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
GrimRob
September 21, 2011, 8:26pm

Quoted from dapperz fun pub

parker bought shares to protect his money????????????  FFS

Just enough to get over 50%, funny how he arrived at that figure

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 22 - 30
headingly_mariner
September 21, 2011, 8:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
It was sneaky because MP said he'd match JF pound for pound and there would be a partnership. Fenty went along with this because he accepted his word that MP would do what he said it would presumaby halve the bill for JF. MP then threw his toys out the pram (I have no idea if this was pre-planned) once he'd bought just enough shares to be top dog.  Now JF was snookered - he was no longer the main man. OK he's got a good excuse to jack it in. I'd have done it years ago if I were him, I'm amazed he put up with all the criticism as long as he did.

Eh? Parker has already put the money into the club he and fenty agreed to it is fenty who is yet to put the money in. Has Parker not purchased those shares since he left the board?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
dapperz fun pub
September 21, 2011, 8:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

no fooker will buy them rob,but loans to the club thats a different story...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Quagmire
September 21, 2011, 8:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from GrimRob

Even funnier that the man that sanctioned the sale of those shares to Parker is Fenty.

Parker is clearly a cunning old fox - he requested to purchase additional shares in the club and kept his fingers crossed that Fenty and the 2 Ronnie's wouldn't realise that such a purchase would mean he had lots of shares mwahahahahahahaha!!  

He's clearly more cunning than "a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University" - Blackadder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
cleethorpes_mariner
September 21, 2011, 9:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from voice of reason

Your argument is all bottom about face mate... I think you will find a loan can be recalled, shares can only be sold IF someone is willing to buy them....

I think you will find that a director’s loan at GTFC can only be called in if the club is in a financial position to pay it back without putting the club in risk.
My pioint was that If anyone comes in for the club which I hope they will then they will need to buy shares to take control, Having 54% of them puts you in a great position to get your money back does it not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
ginnywings
September 21, 2011, 9:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Neither of them at this point because the more i think about it,the more i feel that both are looking for a way out and there is no new backer looming on the horizon.

Some people say that Parker is positioning himself for a takeover but i'm not so sure.We could be skint by Jan and in serious bother.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
Chris
September 21, 2011, 9:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
If Fenty is telling the truth, Mike Parker stated (at one point) that he wanted to be Chairman, now he says he never wanted to be etc etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
MuddyWaters
September 22, 2011, 8:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
One's an astute businessman, the other has been responsible for the creation of this whole mess.

Quite clearly the decision to appoint Woods and then bleat the story to the press 2 years later tells you all you need to know about the incompetence of the man.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
ROKERITE
September 22, 2011, 8:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Mr Fenty; I believed good times were on their way with Fenty, Hurst and Scott. Now, there's a danger  Mr Parker will sink the good ship.
Ofcourse virtually none of us really know, we can only give our perception of things, like so much in life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parker or Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.