4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
voice of reason
September 21, 2011, 8:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Fenty for me, as I don’t trust Parker.

Parker bought shares to protect his money not help the club, If a new person or persons want to come in and take over they will have to buy Parkers shares if they want to own the club, giving him his money back. if he had put them in loans then there would be no guarantee that he would get it back any time soon.

What scares me is Parker saying in a round about way the other night is  he is happy for the club to be in financial difficulties if JF does not commit to putting money in as He will defiantly not be putting more money in.
Its OK going part time and having no player budget if your happy to stay in this league for ever more. We cant have it both ways.

Your argument is all bottom about face mate... I think you will find a loan can be recalled, shares can only be sold IF someone is willing to buy them....

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
dapperz fun pub
September 21, 2011, 8:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,048
Gold Stars: 84
Fenty for me, as I don’t trust Parker.

Parker bought shares to protect his money not help the club, If a new person or persons want to come in and take over they will have to buy Parkers shares if they want to own the club, giving him his money back. if he had put them in loans then there would be no guarantee that he would get it back any time soon.

What scares me is Parker saying in a round about way the other night is  he is happy for the club to be in financial difficulties if JF does not commit to putting money in as He will defiantly not be putting more money in.
Its OK going part time and having no player budget if your happy to stay in this league for ever more. We cant have it both ways.

parker bought shares to protect his money????????????  FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
GrimRob
September 21, 2011, 8:26pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,447
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

parker bought shares to protect his money????????????  FFS

Just enough to get over 50%, funny how he arrived at that figure

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 30
headingly_mariner
September 21, 2011, 8:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from GrimRob
It was sneaky because MP said he'd match JF pound for pound and there would be a partnership. Fenty went along with this because he accepted his word that MP would do what he said it would presumaby halve the bill for JF. MP then threw his toys out the pram (I have no idea if this was pre-planned) once he'd bought just enough shares to be top dog.  Now JF was snookered - he was no longer the main man. OK he's got a good excuse to jack it in. I'd have done it years ago if I were him, I'm amazed he put up with all the criticism as long as he did.

Eh? Parker has already put the money into the club he and fenty agreed to it is fenty who is yet to put the money in. Has Parker not purchased those shares since he left the board?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
dapperz fun pub
September 21, 2011, 8:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,048
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from GrimRob

no fooker will buy them rob,but loans to the club thats a different story...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Quagmire
September 21, 2011, 8:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from GrimRob

Even funnier that the man that sanctioned the sale of those shares to Parker is Fenty.

Parker is clearly a cunning old fox - he requested to purchase additional shares in the club and kept his fingers crossed that Fenty and the 2 Ronnie's wouldn't realise that such a purchase would mean he had lots of shares mwahahahahahahaha!!  

He's clearly more cunning than "a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University" - Blackadder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
cleethorpes_mariner
September 21, 2011, 9:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from voice of reason

Your argument is all bottom about face mate... I think you will find a loan can be recalled, shares can only be sold IF someone is willing to buy them....

I think you will find that a director’s loan at GTFC can only be called in if the club is in a financial position to pay it back without putting the club in risk.
My pioint was that If anyone comes in for the club which I hope they will then they will need to buy shares to take control, Having 54% of them puts you in a great position to get your money back does it not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
ginnywings
September 21, 2011, 9:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Neither of them at this point because the more i think about it,the more i feel that both are looking for a way out and there is no new backer looming on the horizon.

Some people say that Parker is positioning himself for a takeover but i'm not so sure.We could be skint by Jan and in serious bother.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
Chris
September 21, 2011, 9:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
If Fenty is telling the truth, Mike Parker stated (at one point) that he wanted to be Chairman, now he says he never wanted to be etc etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
MuddyWaters
September 22, 2011, 8:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
One's an astute businessman, the other has been responsible for the creation of this whole mess.

Quite clearly the decision to appoint Woods and then bleat the story to the press 2 years later tells you all you need to know about the incompetence of the man.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parker or Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.