Googlebot and 107 Guests

Cutting our cloth

This thread currently has 1,763 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
mushant grumble
September 21, 2011, 9:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
I'm not going to get into the rights and wrongs of the situation the club is in now and who is to blame.

My concern is the latter stages of the MP interview. Its apparant that neither Fenty or Parker are going to financially support the club like previous seasons next season.

Where does that leave the club financially, Parker stated the club needs to cut its cloth accordingly. What do posters think this will result in next year?

No Youth set up,? Part time? Only a proffessional first team squad?

what do you think?
Logged Offline
Private Message
flash1
September 21, 2011, 9:49am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
From what parker said last night,hes got a list of candidates to take the chairs jobs,which makes me think that he,s not telling us the full story and that he does actually want the club to himself!only time will tell!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
forza ivano
September 21, 2011, 1:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from mushant grumble
I'm not going to get into the rights and wrongs of the situation the club is in now and who is to blame.

My concern is the latter stages of the MP interview. Its apparant that neither Fenty or Parker are going to financially support the club like previous seasons next season.

Where does that leave the club financially, Parker stated the club needs to cut its cloth accordingly. What do posters think this will result in next year?

No Youth set up,? Part time? Only a proffessional first team squad?

what do you think?

i'm increasingly convinced that last night was scare mongering and positioning; part of a strategy to paint fenty in the worst possible light and with mp subsequently riding to our rescue. if parker is a life long fan and if he's worth £60 million then funding town is not a big thing to him, relatively
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
NorthLeedsMariner
September 21, 2011, 2:06pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +11
The sooner we start a petition to 'Bring Back Fenty' the better.

It is clear from all the posts in recent days that we didn't hate Fenty afterall and actually loved him.

<*))))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
carrot top
September 21, 2011, 2:42pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Either MP knows some wealthy individual ready to take over and purchase his shares from him or we are in a very bad situation. Oh for the benefit of hindsight. If only we had gone into admin on the back of ITV Digital way back then, we may not have been in this mess today. AFC Grimsby doesn't have the same ring to it somehow.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Keelbysaint
September 21, 2011, 2:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
well Parker has to come up with a list of candidates really as he is the majority share holder and holds a controlling interest in the club.......so its his job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
grimsby pete
September 21, 2011, 2:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Unless Fenty or someone puts his own money in,

It's part time for most of the players next year,

AND

Years of non league footy for us.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Keelbysaint
September 21, 2011, 2:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from grimsby pete
Unless Fenty or someone puts his own money in,

It's part time for most of the players next year,

AND

Years of non league footy for us.

thats if we have enough money to continue.....someone funding us is esential I would have thought
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
upthestripes
September 21, 2011, 3:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
There are clubs that survive on smaller gates who also don't have rich chairpersons.
It would make life a lot harder for us certainly, but would we really be doomed?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Devonmatt
September 21, 2011, 4:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Does anyone know how many staff, outside of the managers and players, GTFC employ.  At first glance it seems like a frightening amount to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cutting our cloth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.