Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sour Grapes?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 105 Guests

Sour Grapes?

This thread currently has 2,389 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Super Clive
September 21, 2011, 2:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Sour Grapes Indeed, Morons the lot of them, Please Mr Scott bang their heads together
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
tashee69
September 21, 2011, 2:53pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
MP gives his side of the truth
JF gives his side of the truth
Put them together and you find 10% of the truth and 90% bull.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
forza ivano
September 21, 2011, 2:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Fenty converted all his loans to shares, that I believe was part of the agreement with Mike Parker for him purchasing shares in the club. The only money that Fenty now has in the club which is not shares is that which he put in this season, he could insist this was repaid I presume but without knowing the terms of the loan it would be impossible to tell. Whichever way at the moment the vast majority of the money invested in the club will stay in the club because:
  • Parker will have to make on offer to buy Fentys shares which Fenty will agree too;
  • Fenty will decide not to sell his shares to Parker and therefore retain them - I can't believe anyone else would ever want to buy them from him;
  • The panel decides article 9 has not been invoked and therefore Parker is not required to make an offer to buy Fentys shares;

The problem is not really with the money currently invested in the club its with the ongoing cost, the question is whether Parker will
  • be willing to fund the ongoing operating losses
  • put the club up for sale; or
  • put the club into administration and lose his investment to date.

not being pedantic swansea, but as the first person to mention fenty's conversion of loans into shares can you provide a link/evidence of this? coz that puts a slightly different perspective on things.
1 thing to remember is that it appears that parker is 4 -5 times richer than fenty. if parker is worth £60 million then he will no doubt be getting a return ofabout £3-£6 million a year if he's invested it soundly, without even having to dip into the £60 million. therefore funding town to the tune of, say 0 .5-1million p.a., is for him affordable. it's a fairly expensive hobby, but it doesn't break his bank (see my analogy elsewhere to the amounts of money spent by normal blokes on their golf -it's an expensive hobby but not to the extent of busting the overdraft)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
JazzMariner
September 21, 2011, 3:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +8 / -6
Quoted from aldi_01

It seems a lot like fenty has chucked his toys out of the pram after Parker became majority shareholder and wanted more involvement in the club, may be even chairmanship, fenty said nonso
Parker said balderdash so toilets legal route etc, although a little snide perhaps and now fenty has once again reacted in a childish way, like he did over Slade, radio humberside and any other silt statements he's made in tw last ten years...

I didnt hear all of MP's conversation with Matt Dean on Blunderside last night but I did hear him say that he didn't have the time, because of his business and social life, to have any involvement in GTFC, either purely as a Director or as the Chairman. He said his business and social commitments had increased since he resigned from the Board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
forza ivano
September 21, 2011, 3:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from JazzMariner

I didnt hear all of MP's conversation with Matt Dean on Blunderside last night but I did hear him say that he didn't have the time, because of his business and social life, to have any involvement in GTFC, either purely as a Director or as the Chairman. He said his business and social commitments had increased since he resigned from the Board.

that's exactly what he said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
STB
September 21, 2011, 3:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from Denby

i have no access to fenty & parker's email so can't help you there

but i heard that [from Fenty's uncle Attila the Hun]

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
Swansea_Mariner
September 21, 2011, 9:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Sorry Forza, I just looked this up and it doesn't look like he converted all his loans into shares just £242,816 worth. I can't seem to find my last statement of accounts either so I'm not sure the total value of his loans.

[url]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/POWER-SHARING/story-11535050-detail/story.html[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 3:29am
Guest User
Interesting quote in there (made about 1 year ago)

"It also gives everybody connected with this club a very visible sign of the long-term commitment of myself and John."

Make of that what you will...
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sour Grapes?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.