Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sour Grapes?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 83 Guests

Sour Grapes?

This thread currently has 2,392 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Super Clive
September 19, 2011, 7:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Is this situation sour grapes? I don't know the full story so maybe someone who knows more than me can put me straight. But what I have heard is that Fenty wanted Parker more involved in the clubs day to day runnings but MP hasn't replied to any emails sent by JF so he resigned just like Parker did last season, now I may be way of the mark but what i have read so far it seems to be Fenty is being childish and spat his dummy out like MP did last season.

But then were does this Panel investigation come into it? maybe I should wait until we know the facts in the next few days or weeks...Ner intercourse it.
Private Message
Denby
September 19, 2011, 7:54pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from Super Clive
But what I have heard...

i see, must be true then
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
aldi_01
September 19, 2011, 7:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It seems a lot like fenty has chucked his toys out of the pram after Parker became majority shareholder and wanted more involvement in the club, may be even chairmanship, fenty said nonso
Parker said balderdash so toilets legal route etc, although a little snide perhaps and now fenty has once again reacted in a childish way, like he did over Slade, radio humberside and any other silt statements he's made in tw last ten years...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Super Clive
September 19, 2011, 7:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Denby

i see, must be true then

Where have i said its true? exactly nowhere so can't you put me straight like I asked? guess not your just as clueless as me.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
Denby
September 19, 2011, 7:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from Super Clive

Where have i said its true? exactly nowhere so can't you put me straight like I asked? guess not your just as clueless as me.

i have no access to fenty & parker's email so can't help you there

but i heard that [insert something i just made up]
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
Super Clive
September 19, 2011, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Denby

i have no access to fenty & parker's email so can't help you there

but i heard that [insert something i just made up]

Made up don't think so well not by me anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
80sglory
September 19, 2011, 8:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from aldi_01
It seems a lot like fenty has chucked his toys out of the pram after Parker became majority shareholder and wanted more involvement in the club, may be even chairmanship, fenty said nonso
Parker said balderdash so toilets legal route etc, although a little snide perhaps and now fenty has once again reacted in a childish way, like he did over Slade, radio humberside and any other silt statements he's made in tw last ten years...

Can Parker call in this investigative body when it was HIS decision to step down though ?

Didn't Fenty say at the fans forum he wasn't sure whether he'd be matching Parkers investment or not ?
Looks like he hasn't.
Reply: 6 - 17
Wrawby_Mariner
September 19, 2011, 8:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
It says Fenty has resigned while they make investigations. . .does that mean he could be reinstated or what??
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 7 - 17
hook line and sinker
September 19, 2011, 8:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
if someone wouldn't mind too just  clarify what is going on,

parker now owns 54% and fenty the remainder,fentys stepped down now giving parker the chance to buy fentys share? if parker decides not too and fenty pulls his money out this leaves us in the sh*t but if parker does or someone else does then all good?

am i on the right lines???  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Swansea_Mariner
September 19, 2011, 8:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Fenty converted all his loans to shares, that I believe was part of the agreement with Mike Parker for him purchasing shares in the club. The only money that Fenty now has in the club which is not shares is that which he put in this season, he could insist this was repaid I presume but without knowing the terms of the loan it would be impossible to tell. Whichever way at the moment the vast majority of the money invested in the club will stay in the club because:
  • Parker will have to make on offer to buy Fentys shares which Fenty will agree too;
  • Fenty will decide not to sell his shares to Parker and therefore retain them - I can't believe anyone else would ever want to buy them from him;
  • The panel decides article 9 has not been invoked and therefore Parker is not required to make an offer to buy Fentys shares;

The problem is not really with the money currently invested in the club its with the ongoing cost, the question is whether Parker will
  • be willing to fund the ongoing operating losses
  • put the club up for sale; or
  • put the club into administration and lose his investment to date.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sour Grapes?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.