Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Change needed?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 150 Guests

Change needed?

This thread currently has 2,738 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariners95
September 17, 2011, 10:25pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
As much as I like Hearn and his work rate, he isn't producing what we need.Goals. I really think its time that we change it around and maybe try putting makofo on the right and eagle on the left and stick coulson and duffy upfront for the next game. But thats just my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
upthestripes
September 17, 2011, 11:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Mariners95
As much as I like Hearn and his work rate, he isn't producing what we need.Goals. I really think its time that we change it around and maybe try putting makofo on the right and eagle on the left and stick coulson and duffy upfront for the next game. But thats just my opinion.

You might be right mate. It might be what he needs, but aside from anything else, how long do we keep 'having faith' in him for?
We need goals from somewhere and pretty soon. Hate to be saying this I really do but it's a valid call imo.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
AndyGTFC
September 17, 2011, 11:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Not the worst idea in the world. I'd like to see what Coulson can do up top because he isn't getting involved in the games on the right wing.

Saying that though, despite the fact that Hearn isn't scoring, he had an outstanding game last Saturday where he set up two goals and is getting in the right positions so I'd be a bit reluctant to drop him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
80sglory
September 18, 2011, 12:12am
Guest User
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Saying that though, despite the fact that Hearn isn't scoring, he had an outstanding game last Saturday where he set up two goals and is getting in the right positions so I'd be a bit reluctant to drop him.

I agree, not convinced at all - sounds like no-one played well today and the service to the front players was awful.
Listening to Hurst on MP he says the amount of space between the front players and the rest was too big and we didn't learn to play it in shorter to them.
Is this why people were reporting us hoofing the ball and there was little understanding between players ?
Sounds about right...

If you're creating sodomist all or can't keep possession from the back I don't see how you can single out Hearn as the problem as he's one of the best bringing other players in.

So this whole idea that you can change strikers and magic a hatful of goals is missing the point IMO.

Out of the goals we've scored this season how many of them have been from "moves" ?
Let's go through them....

Cambridge - Thompson - corner. Duffy - corner.
Darlington - YES (from a Coulson breakaway!)
Forest Green - Serge robbed their goalie, Coulo scored the follow up.
Hayes & Yeading - "gimme" into Duffy's path, Hearn cross for Duffy = YES(another header !), Bradley Wood fluke.

So 6 goals, 2 which you could call "open play moves" ?

Where's the passing & possession football to unlock defences ?

Ok I accept we've created chances and not had much luck but still feel there's plenty of work to be done going forward.
Quoted from AndyGTFC
I'd like to see what Coulson can do up top because he isn't getting involved in the games on the right wing.

I agree - he's no wide player - can't cross very well, hasn't got a great touch and can't beat his player very often.

Loves to come centrally, run with ball (in space), link up and score goals !

Convinced this is the main reason why.

It's all well and good the manager saying he has to do a job for the team, but if it's not a temporary thing and we're not playing to our strengths week in week out then maybe it's complete folly to persevere long term - better to change it sooner rather than later !

People may want to pretend the squad is "balanced" til they're blue in the face to pretend everything is hunky dory but they're only prolonging the inevitable and helping make things worse IMO.
Sooner we face up to REALITY instead of pretending we don't have problems the better for the club and for everyone !  

Sod innefective wide players playing 4-4-2 even Makofo looks more dangerous in the box !
Firm up the centre, get their @rses shifting to win, keep and pass the ball and get Coulson up front or behind a front 2 in a 4-3-3 !!!

Team for Tuesday

..........................McKeown
Wood.......Kempson.......Pearson......Ridley
..........Church........Disley........Artus
..........................Coulson
.................Duffy.............Hearn
Reply: 3 - 23
Harry Haddock
September 18, 2011, 12:23am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
80's you really need to get out more

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
somersetmariner
September 18, 2011, 1:35am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
He's spot on though..............

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
80sglory
September 18, 2011, 2:36am
Guest User
Quoted from Harry Haddock
80's you really need to get out more

Why do I need to get out more and not you ?
Because I've got football ideas or can string more than a few sentences together ?

Pardon me for having an opinion, I just care about the club's existence and want it to be successful to survive  - do you ?!!
Or you think it's certain to last forever or that everyone running the club must always knows what they're doing ?

Yeah right, "keep the faith", it's always worked before !  

Anyway, assume whatever you like, no skin off my nose.
I'm just here for the greater good of GTFC because I've been provenly right time and time again.
Ooops sorry can't say the club might have got it wrong or look like I'm trying to "show off"  
Think I enjoy wasting my time on here ?
Think I give a honestly give a toss what people think about me ? You don't get +36/-26 for nothing !
If I wanted to make friends I'd be pissing about on my mobile or on facebook.

Just bear in mind you might not always be smiling if the sh1t hits the fan and we hit new lows or worse, there's no club left....  
Or does that not matter either ?  

Maybe I should just intercourse off and leave the club to rot - a lot of fans don't seem to give an excrement what happens just so long as the club's authority is worshipped so why should I care ?

I could also save my own time and money like so many before me have done, and give it up as a bad job.
Or maybe just stop caring, say nothing and let GTFC die a slow death whilst crossing my fingers.
I'll do that shall I ?....
Reply: 6 - 23
Kris Mustampa
September 18, 2011, 8:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Quoted from 1600

I'll do that shall I ?...

Yes, please.

I'd LOVE it if you did that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
coddy60
September 18, 2011, 10:07am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from 1600

Why do I need to get out more and not you ?
Because I've got football ideas or can string more than a few sentences together ?

Pardon me for having an opinion, I just care about the club's existence and want it to be successful to survive  - do you ?!!
Or you think it's certain to last forever or that everyone running the club must always knows what they're doing ?

Yeah right, "keep the faith", it's always worked before !  

Anyway, assume whatever you like, no skin off my nose.
I'm just here for the greater good of GTFC because I've been provenly right time and time again.
Ooops sorry can't say the club might have got it wrong or look like I'm trying to "show off"  
Think I enjoy wasting my time on here ?
Think I give a honestly give a toss what people think about me ? You don't get +36/-26 for nothing !
If I wanted to make friends I'd be pissing about on my mobile or on facebook.

Just bear in mind you might not always be smiling if the sh1t hits the fan and we hit new lows or worse, there's no club left....  
Or does that not matter either ?  

Maybe I should just intercourse off and leave the club to rot - a lot of fans don't seem to give an excrement what happens just so long as the club's authority is worshipped so why should I care ?

I could also save my own time and money like so many before me have done, and give it up as a bad job.
Or maybe just stop caring, say nothing and let GTFC die a slow death whilst crossing my fingers.
I'll do that shall I ?....

All hail the footballing genius of 80's Glory!
I just wish Mr Fenty was aware of your superior knowledge, then he could put you in gainful employment for the mighty mariners, we would be Premier League before we knew it, maybe even a Champs League run could be in the offing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
Super Clive
September 18, 2011, 12:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Dropping Hearn after his last Home performance would be stupid, Don't forgot he set up a few as well and would be the main threat so leaves duffy with a bit more space, I know his job is first and foremost to score but at the end of the day the lad has been our best player, I could understand if he went a few games playing excrement but he hasn't, Keep him in I say otherwise is he ever going to score sat on the bench?  no is the answer
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Change needed?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.