Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I was very impressed by...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 86 Guests

I was very impressed by...

This thread currently has 2,283 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
coddy60
September 10, 2011, 9:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
the support given to the team today, it was as if everybody in the ground had belief in what the players were trying to do  (apart from the odd one in upper findus gobbing off at a slight miscontrol, dont they realise what level were at?) . Some of the football was reminiscent of days long since passed, which a lot of us probably never thought we might see again at the park.
I honestly believe that the two guys at the helm are what we have been waiting for, and, no matter if we end up promoted or not, should be given acouple of seasons to get us back where we belong.
This is not romantic fantasy after a good performance, we cannot keep changing managers every 10 months and hoping the 13 players they sign will instantly lead us to glory.
I think everyone who saw todays match could see there is a good nucleus of a team there, Pearson grew and grew as the game went on, Green at left back was a breath of fresh air, Wood a tiger as ever, and Hearn was as good today (without scoring) as any forward I have seen here since Mendonca (maybe Pato was close to that, pity he didnt stay).
If given the time, they can tinker with the squad, instead of wholesale changes every window, and develop the team into a team of winners we so desire.
Please everybody, stay onside with the team, keep the faith, dont get on their backs for shortcomings which most players will have at this level, and I think the good times will not be too far away, lets play the long game (not bighoof obviously) for a change.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
September 10, 2011, 9:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from coddy60
Wood a tiger as ever

Was that deliberate?  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
lew chaterleys lover
September 10, 2011, 9:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,768
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from coddy60
the support given to the team today, it was as if everybody in the ground had belief in what the players were trying to do  (apart from the odd one in upper findus gobbing off at a slight miscontrol, dont they realise what level were at?) . Some of the football was reminiscent of days long since passed, which a lot of us probably never thought we might see again at the park.
I honestly believe that the two guys at the helm are what we have been waiting for, and, no matter if we end up promoted or not, should be given acouple of seasons to get us back where we belong.
This is not romantic fantasy after a good performance, we cannot keep changing managers every 10 months and hoping the 13 players they sign will instantly lead us to glory.
I think everyone who saw todays match could see there is a good nucleus of a team there, Pearson grew and grew as the game went on, Green at left back was a breath of fresh air, Wood a tiger as ever, and Hearn was as good today (without scoring) as any forward I have seen here since Mendonca (maybe Pato was close to that, pity he didnt stay).
If given the time, they can tinker with the squad, instead of wholesale changes every window, and develop the team into a team of winners we so desire.
Please everybody, stay onside with the team, keep the faith, dont get on their backs for shortcomings which most players will have at this level, and I think the good times will not be too far away, lets play the long game (not bighoof obviously) for a change.
UTM

I understand your views,and maybe,just maybe we are getting it together.

The only thing I disagree about is Bradley Wood,who I thought had another poor game,but I guess thats why they brought Silk in who I am sure will be first choice when he is back fit.

All in all though a promising performance against a poor Hayes side.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
mr viv
September 10, 2011, 9:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Wood poor?????????? seriously!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
lew chaterleys lover
September 10, 2011, 9:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,768
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from mr viv
Wood poor?????????? seriously!!!

I wouldnt have said it otherwise would I ?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
bobbyturtle
September 10, 2011, 9:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
wood always gives his all, no matter what

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
wigworld
September 10, 2011, 9:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I have to admit, I thought Bradley was the weakest in our back four today. Their Williams skipped his way past him several times, and caused us a couple of problems - I thought we were lucky not to concede a goal in the first half.

Of course, his goal more than makes up for all that.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 16
1mickylyons
September 10, 2011, 9:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
I thought Wood looked far better going forward than he did defending as well today which is unusual for him but he got a goal (fluke) and kept a clean sheet so job done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
mr viv
September 10, 2011, 9:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2

I wouldnt have said it otherwise would I ?

Obviously not no! But just wondered what you defined as poor? Admit he did get done a couple of times first half but he was a quick winger he was up against.He gives 100% every second of every game and would run through a brick wall if needed.Defo not at his best today but by no means was he poor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
ginnywings
September 10, 2011, 10:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I also thought Wood was a bit wanting today.Got out of position a few times but he is still young and learning and of course,he gives his all in every game.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I was very impressed by...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.