Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I was very impressed by...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 91 Guests

I was very impressed by...

This thread currently has 2,284 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
September 10, 2011, 10:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings
I also thought Wood was a bit wanting today.Got out of position a few times but he is still young and learning and of course,he gives his all in every game.

He was almost certainly carrying a knock on the ankle for the last 30 mins and that shows his character he got whacked with 3-4 poor challenges that the ref seemed to take no action over.Like someone else said though i thought the ref had a good game today and wasnt at all fussy and id rather see both teams finish with 11 than have an over zealous ref ala Cambridge who couldnt wait to brandish a Red.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
we will return
September 10, 2011, 10:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Wood didn't look very good in the first 30 minutes or so because their players kept getting in behind him which was mainly due to the wind but when the ball was on the floor he did much better and in the second half I don't really think he put a foot wrong.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
aldi_01
September 10, 2011, 10:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Wood didn't have a great game and seemed to spend the first half hour trying to 'get' the winger as opposed to actually playing the game.

We did look very good at times and fair play to Duffy. Rob eagle proved in 2 minutes that he is a far better player than serge, yes serge will run around but times today he was infuriating. Reminiscent of that scene in Forrest gump when they have to hold boards up to stop him running etc.

Hearn was unlucky not to get a goal but at least he didn't give up trying, although may be if he had a shot once in a while as opposed to walking it in he may have scored but hey ho.

We need to build on this and it's a shame we aren't at home next week or even this Tuesday to keep the momentum going. Still unsure about Pearson, would rather see garner in there but then again you can't argue with a clean sheet at heome at any level.

Onwards and upwards should be our motto...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
80sglory
September 10, 2011, 11:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from coddy60
I honestly believe that the two guys at the helm are what we have been waiting for, and, no matter if we end up promoted or not, should be given acouple of seasons to get us back where we belong.

So you're fully confident but you're not sure ?  

Quoted from coddy60
This is not romantic fantasy after a good performance we cannot keep changing managers every 10 months and hoping the 13 players they sign will instantly lead us to glory.

I'm already here !  

Hmmm, slight shame you didn't make the case for "continuity" before the win ?
Think some people are getting just a tiny bit carried away myself, but don't get me wrong, I DO think there were several positive signs and not just because we won.

I was also impressed with the support too.

Quoted from coddy60
I think the good times will not be too far away

No problem, I can wait 2 seasons !  
Reply: 13 - 16
coddy60
September 11, 2011, 9:02am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Hmmm, slight shame you didn't make the case for "continuity" before the win ?
Think some people are getting just a tiny bit carried away myself, but don't get me wrong, I DO think there were several positive signs and not just because we won.

To be fiar I have a long standing debate with a friend of mine who always wants managerial changes after a couple of defeats, if you can find a single previous post by me calling for any managers head, I will gladly bow down to your greatness!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
newfootballer
September 11, 2011, 2:03pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from ginnywings
I also thought Wood was a bit wanting today.Got out of position a few times but he is still young and learning and of course,he gives his all in every game.

Exactly, and that is what I think we have got a gem in Bradley Wood he just needs encouraging in certain aspects of his game, for instance man marking and going for the return ball.
You all might think what on earth am I talking about but Bradley certainly needs to know these things and I hope that a more experienced player will help him to progress his game.
A great result yesterday for everybody concerned and especiallyfor supporters at the club and all over the country

NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
ponnyfan
September 11, 2011, 5:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Wood was playing very narrow, and this did leave us a bit vulnerable at times

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I was very impressed by...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.