Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › well done grimsby town today!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 87 Guests

well done grimsby town today!!

This thread currently has 3,109 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
W.T.F
September 10, 2011, 4:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 2
Isn't that nice to say. Quite simply well done town on a fine win to all players, staff and fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
billo
September 10, 2011, 4:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +24
I don't believe it!!!! But great news..  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
Swansea_Mariner
September 10, 2011, 4:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
Yep first back to back wins of the season, awesome lets enjoy it and push on for the magical three!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
Meza
September 10, 2011, 5:00pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,649
Gold Stars: 50
Yeah as much as we want to hit the ground running it doesn't always go the way we want it as long as we play with desire we could go far this year.  Obviously not getting carried away but let's hope we can keep this momentum going.

Well done town and well done Duffy and Wood.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
Biccys
September 10, 2011, 5:05pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Ditto. Cracking game and the atmosphere was actually quite positive from the off. As LH said on the way out though, should have been about 10! Well deserved win, good stuff. Keep it up!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 24
Marinerz93
September 10, 2011, 5:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Great stuff today, big pat on the back for everyone, players, fans, managers, chairman  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
September 10, 2011, 5:23pm
Guest User
Spot on. Exactly what we needed. Easiest three points for a long time but every player played his part. Shame Liam couldn't get his first of many but it will come. Only negative was Elding again.
Reply: 6 - 24
grimsbyjack
September 10, 2011, 5:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +15
If todays win hasn`t given the team , belief and confidence in themselves... then nothing will.

A brilliant win, and one that should be used to inspire the whole team onto better performances for the rest of the season.

Well done Grimsby Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
gary_elton
September 10, 2011, 5:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
and an away following of 350+ next week makin one helluva racket shud help...  come on
the travelling black and white army.... do us proud again !!  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
blacknwhite66
September 10, 2011, 5:29pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Well done Town, if we take at least a point next Saturday at Stockport we may have just turned the tide. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 10, 2011, 5:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Good result. Sounded like a good performance on the wireless. Well done Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
upthestripes
September 10, 2011, 5:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
From the BBC:

Quoted Text
The home side were cruising, and added a third through Bradley Wood's fine 35-yard strike.

Fair assessment?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
September 10, 2011, 5:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from upthestripes
From the BBC:

Fair assessment?

Errr, no.
Reply: 12 - 24
GtfcGarner
September 10, 2011, 5:58pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from upthestripes
From the BBC:

Fair assessment?

No, 35 yard SCREAMER.  Sounds good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
GrimsbyOllie
September 10, 2011, 5:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +31 / -3
He didn't mean to do it either imo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
ponnyfan
September 10, 2011, 6:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Well done Town - I truly walked out of the ground today, feeling that I had value for money. A confident display and a flattering scoreline for H & Y. Here's to a good result at Stockport - UTM ! Ps hope their player is OK, looked a bad injury though.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
TAGG
September 10, 2011, 8:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Great game.
Good football and graft from 1st to last minute. Think the managers did well with the subs, they had a good time on the pitch which they need with having no reserve football. Bet Duffy was gutted though  
I was keeping my eye on Green and that was the best performance I have seen from a left back in a Town shirt for a very long while.  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
ginnywings
September 10, 2011, 8:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TAGG
Great game.
Good football and graft from 1st to last minute. Think the managers did well with the subs, they had a good time on the pitch which they need with having no reserve football. Bet Duffy was gutted though  
I was keeping my eye on Green and that was the best performance I have seen from a left back in a Town shirt for a very long while.  

Duffy was ill before the game with food poisoning and very nearly didn't start.He was getting the shakes,so was subbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
TAGG
September 10, 2011, 9:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings

Duffy was ill before the game with food poisoning and very nearly didn't start.He was getting the shakes,so was subbed.

Ye just heard that so will just have to take a bit of praise back off the Managers, sham that its the first time they have had any credit from me.
Good on em though for getting the lads playing football.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
Blundelluk
September 10, 2011, 9:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +80
Quoted from gary_elton
and an away following of 350+ next week makin one helluva racket shud help...  come on

Err double it and add again!! There will be 700+ as every man and his pooch will be in attendance!! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
tashee69
September 10, 2011, 11:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Classic goal from Bradley 9 Iron.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
September 11, 2011, 4:49am
Guest User
Quoted from upthestripes
From the BBC:

**Wood's goal = fine 35-yard strike**

Fair assessment?

It's fine by me if it goes in...
Reply: 21 - 24
80sglory
September 11, 2011, 4:52am
Guest User
Quoted from 75
Only negative was Elding again.

Know he missed the good chance and hasn't delivered so far but personally I'm a lot MORE hopeful for the the future now.

Thought he looked a LOT sharper today than I've seen him pre-season !
Worked hard too, is keen to impress. (maybe too keen)
Think he's clearly lacking in confidence and in need of a lift right now but wouldn't be suprised if he comes good.

Looks quite nippy for a big buggger too - I reckon he's probably a lot sharper than he was in pre/early season (where Scott and Hurst said he was 70% at one stage.)
Said I didn't think he deserved his place over Duffy after pre-season but you can understand the managers thinking behind giving him match time even if they maybe should have waited til he was nearer 100%.

After all the games I've seen him play, looks a player with a lot of "experience" that can pass the ball.

Jury still out and early doors but IF he can find the net(to be fair didn't he score a disallowed one vs Gateshead ?) and has upped his skill levels to match his fitness, then think it's entirely possible he might become a big asset for us after that first lift.

We can all moan as much as we like about his start but I wouldn't be suprised if there was a lot more to him and the best was still to come.
Also remember S&H obviously rate him and he turned down league football.

Think everyone needs to show patience now - not saying he will be the finished product or come good but it wouldn't suprise me one little bit.  
IMO if anyone writes him off yet then they do so at their peril - I'm certainly not !

PS You're listening to one of the few that was backing Makofo last season.  

(Who played well enough but was a little disappointing today I thought...)

UTM
Reply: 22 - 24
ross1cod
September 11, 2011, 8:23am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -1
Quoted from gary_elton

think there will be a couple of hundered more. 2 wins on the spin, ex league side which is very easy to get too, can see the massess turning out for this one

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
chicaneuk
September 11, 2011, 10:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I've been travelling up to occasional home and away games with my lifelong GTFC supporter friend over the last few years and had to watch his disappointment as town dropped down the leagues, and certainly in the last few years, witnessed some truly dreadful and frustrating displays. It got to the point where I was going along just for the chance to chat with my mate, and never expecting any sort of good result at a game.

I did come on to register and post originally (after being a lurker for some time) about the first GTFC game I got to see this season which was the Gateshead game. My feeling then was, despite rumblings from a vocal minority and the whole business around the altercation with Rob Scott, that it was the best performance I'd personally seen from Grimsby in the games I'd managed to go and see over the last few years. They just looked more organised, some players actually looked dangerous, and I think we were unlucky not to win or at the very least draw that day frankly - their keeper kept them in that game.

So Saturday just was an absolutely fantastic result and such a turn around. The team looked great. The manager looked passionate and was giving instruction from the dugout (well, one of em!). We had so many chances. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat for some large amounts of the game and think we absolutely deserved the win.. and should have taken several more goals really.

In the last couple of years I've probably bothered to come up to about 5 games at home. I've already made it to two this season and already am looking forward to making it up to the next one as I feel town have reached a turning point.. I think the team and manager combo is good and I think things are definitely on the up.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › well done grimsby town today!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.