Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › well done grimsby town today!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 102 Guests

well done grimsby town today!!

This thread currently has 3,111 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
tashee69
September 10, 2011, 11:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Classic goal from Bradley 9 Iron.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
September 11, 2011, 4:49am
Guest User
Quoted from upthestripes
From the BBC:

**Wood's goal = fine 35-yard strike**

Fair assessment?

It's fine by me if it goes in...
Reply: 21 - 24
80sglory
September 11, 2011, 4:52am
Guest User
Quoted from 75
Only negative was Elding again.

Know he missed the good chance and hasn't delivered so far but personally I'm a lot MORE hopeful for the the future now.

Thought he looked a LOT sharper today than I've seen him pre-season !
Worked hard too, is keen to impress. (maybe too keen)
Think he's clearly lacking in confidence and in need of a lift right now but wouldn't be suprised if he comes good.

Looks quite nippy for a big buggger too - I reckon he's probably a lot sharper than he was in pre/early season (where Scott and Hurst said he was 70% at one stage.)
Said I didn't think he deserved his place over Duffy after pre-season but you can understand the managers thinking behind giving him match time even if they maybe should have waited til he was nearer 100%.

After all the games I've seen him play, looks a player with a lot of "experience" that can pass the ball.

Jury still out and early doors but IF he can find the net(to be fair didn't he score a disallowed one vs Gateshead ?) and has upped his skill levels to match his fitness, then think it's entirely possible he might become a big asset for us after that first lift.

We can all moan as much as we like about his start but I wouldn't be suprised if there was a lot more to him and the best was still to come.
Also remember S&H obviously rate him and he turned down league football.

Think everyone needs to show patience now - not saying he will be the finished product or come good but it wouldn't suprise me one little bit.  
IMO if anyone writes him off yet then they do so at their peril - I'm certainly not !

PS You're listening to one of the few that was backing Makofo last season.  

(Who played well enough but was a little disappointing today I thought...)

UTM
Reply: 22 - 24
ross1cod
September 11, 2011, 8:23am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -1
Quoted from gary_elton
and an away following of 350+ next week makin one helluva racket shud help...  come on
the travelling black and white army.... do us proud again !!  

think there will be a couple of hundered more. 2 wins on the spin, ex league side which is very easy to get too, can see the massess turning out for this one

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
chicaneuk
September 11, 2011, 10:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I've been travelling up to occasional home and away games with my lifelong GTFC supporter friend over the last few years and had to watch his disappointment as town dropped down the leagues, and certainly in the last few years, witnessed some truly dreadful and frustrating displays. It got to the point where I was going along just for the chance to chat with my mate, and never expecting any sort of good result at a game.

I did come on to register and post originally (after being a lurker for some time) about the first GTFC game I got to see this season which was the Gateshead game. My feeling then was, despite rumblings from a vocal minority and the whole business around the altercation with Rob Scott, that it was the best performance I'd personally seen from Grimsby in the games I'd managed to go and see over the last few years. They just looked more organised, some players actually looked dangerous, and I think we were unlucky not to win or at the very least draw that day frankly - their keeper kept them in that game.

So Saturday just was an absolutely fantastic result and such a turn around. The team looked great. The manager looked passionate and was giving instruction from the dugout (well, one of em!). We had so many chances. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat for some large amounts of the game and think we absolutely deserved the win.. and should have taken several more goals really.

In the last couple of years I've probably bothered to come up to about 5 games at home. I've already made it to two this season and already am looking forward to making it up to the next one as I feel town have reached a turning point.. I think the team and manager combo is good and I think things are definitely on the up.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › well done grimsby town today!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.