Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hayes n Yeading Following?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 96 Guests

Hayes n Yeading Following?

This thread currently has 4,465 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
cardiffmariner
September 10, 2011, 8:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from codcheeky
what difference does it make if there are 2 or 2000 we have sunk to a level were away support is not usual, that is no-ones fault but ours. the few that come from places like H & Y should be applauded and made as welcome as some of these clubs have made us, l

Totally agree. Had Man City, Wolves etc done a thread like this in the old days before we played then plenty of Town fans would be commenting on their arrogance.

These threads also tend to precede a defeat by the 11 on the pitch.  If you're going to mock them lets at least wait until we've beaten them!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
mr viv
September 10, 2011, 9:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Am 38 yrs old codcheeky and never been to a town away game in my life!!! I have just visited 74!! grounds and not 1 of them was to watch town away!!!...........Iam in no way mocking them i have full and utter respect for anyone who supports their local team,if i am mocking anyone its GTFC for ending up in the situation were it even enters my head to begin a thread like this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
Garth
September 10, 2011, 9:22am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from ginnywings

Yet you mentioned some of us by name.I was merely answering the original question,not mocking their support as anyone who follows a lower league team has my respect and i actually think that clapping small away support is quite patronising.

You're right about one thing though.I currently don't go to away games but i have been to many hundreds in the past.Got fed up with being herded around like so much cattle and the final straw was being crushed against a wall by a police horse and my brother dragged along by his hair from the same mounted copper.Our crime was being in the vicinity of a bit of a shouting match between rival fans that we had no part of and were going in the opposite direction.

I know it is different in this league but i just got out of the habit of going and recent performances haven't inspired me to start going again yet.I did book a weekend in York last season but the game was called off.Will probably go to York and Lincoln this season as the current Ms Ginny lives a 5 min walk from Sincil Bank.

Change them like shirts do you, I`m sure she will be pleased if she read this---not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
Marinerz93
September 10, 2011, 9:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I think clapping the away support when it's announced shows respect to them for making the effort to come here and is more friendlier than the old Grimsby way of smashing up their coaches, mini buses and cars, or following them to the train station trying to start fights.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
Garth
September 10, 2011, 9:56am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Marinerz93
I think clapping the away support when it's announced shows respect to them for making the effort to come here and is more friendlier than the old Grimsby way of smashing up their coaches, mini buses and cars, or following them to the train station trying to start fights.

Agreed,  its easy to follow the so called big glamour teams around the country  and the few who follow teams like H&Y deserve respect,  its these fans who are real
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
ginnywings
September 10, 2011, 1:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Garth

Change them like shirts do you, I`m sure she will be pleased if she read this---not

Perhaps not the best turn of phrase i could have used.We are into our 5th year so if i changed my shirts as often,i'd be a bit smelly by now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
MyDogsThoughts
September 10, 2011, 5:46pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
I've been to Newport and FGR so far this season, so I'm allowed to ask: how many did H & Y actually bring?

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
upthestripes
September 10, 2011, 5:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
I've been to Newport and FGR so far this season, so I'm allowed to ask: how many did H & Y actually bring?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
Mariner Ronnie
September 10, 2011, 6:48pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from mariner chopper

WINNER!! lol

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
September 10, 2011, 6:50pm
Guest User
I counted 22....
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hayes n Yeading Following?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.