Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Democracy..... ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 105 Guests

Democracy..... ?

This thread currently has 2,028 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
BiloLCFC
September 10, 2011, 7:59pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
It's worked at Wimbledon and FC United but let's not forget that they were formed by decidedly angry fans with a real cause, there are examples where it hasn't worked due to infighting and power struggles. It's a model that seems to work best when a club's very existence or character is under threat, triumph over adversity and all that.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
80sglory
September 11, 2011, 5:35am
Guest User
Quoted from upthestripes

That's it, it's changed from your loose change to a £5/10 p/m direct debit!
Much as I love the club I would feel that my priorities were seriously fecked up if I did that.

Exactly UTS !
What did I say ?....

1) We should cater for everyone big or small.
2) If it ends up subsidising the club's operations then it defeats the whole purpose.

I've read many comments which add 2 and 2 and make 5.  

Swansea Mariner isn't helping either IMO !  
Reply: 21 - 24
Swansea_Mariner
September 11, 2011, 1:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
If you read all my posts 80's IO've said several times its not about subsidising operations so I can't see where your coming from on that point. On the point of saving in a jar under the bed I think Ginny said it best in that nobody is ever gonna resist the temptation of dipping into it so I just can't see small change working unless its more organised than that.

Its your idea though and if you think I'm not helping then I'll step back and this is the last you'll hear from me about this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
80sglory
September 11, 2011, 4:09pm
Guest User
Don't get me wrong, it may have been my initial idea but I don't want to be dictator either so feel free to have your say.

Suppose I just don't understand your thinking - you say "This should be something entirely separate from GTFC (the organisation)" then talk about the organisation matching things !

My whole point was to get fans to collectively save for the future in case the club were potless or couldn't raise the funds ?

To be fair I suppose the problem is there's a very fine line between "subsidising" something and "saving" something.

Anyway I apologize for my comment or if you took offence, I just feel frustrated that the idea of "saving for the future" is such a difficult one to understand - it seems to turn into "contributing" in a flash changing the whole ball game.

If you want to raise funds to contribute extra for the club for certain things then feel free to take the initative - I'll support it and make a donation.
Reply: 23 - 24
80sglory
September 11, 2011, 4:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
On the point of saving in a jar under the bed I think Ginny said it best in that nobody is ever gonna resist the temptation of dipping into it so I just can't see small change working unless its more organised than that.

I missed this bit...
For intercourse sake if we haven't got the courage of our convictions to do the small things, there's no chance !
Who says it wouldn't be organised either ?

The ways things look fans couldn't organise a urine up in a brewery.

Let me tell you - with the economy going down the toliet if they can't afford a bit of loose change now they sure as hell won't be able to afford it later if they ever need to rebuild a club from scratch like AFC Wimbledon have done !
"Once the recession is over" is it ? Don't make me laugh !

What's your game trying to ridicule the idea of saving Swansea ?
Shame on you.
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Democracy..... ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.