Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why is it ..................
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 109 Guests

Why is it ..................

This thread currently has 2,571 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
the Grimbarian
September 7, 2011, 2:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Why is it we've got one of the largeest playing budgets in the BSP(allegedly) the squad is thread bare already because any long term injuries we have  we sign everyones cast offs on non contract terms.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
we will return
September 7, 2011, 2:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Am guessing it's because the budget isn't really as big as anyone has imagined. But some of the money will have probably been held back for the Church and Pearson tribunals.  

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
AndyGTFC
September 7, 2011, 2:42pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
The budget does sound decent but I'm sure that it goes away quite quickly.

A few must be on decent wages from before to have dropped into non league football, like Arthur, Kempson etc. and we will have paid a fee for four of the players we've signed by the time the tribunals get sorted, which we don't usually do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
BIGChris
September 7, 2011, 2:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from AndyGTFC
The budget does sound decent but I'm sure that it goes away quite quickly.

A few must be on decent wages from before to have dropped into non league football, like Arthur, Kempson etc. and we will have paid a fee for four of the players we've signed by the time the tribunals get sorted, which we don't usually do.

Arthur and Kempson werent signed before we dropped into non league.

IF we have an inbalnced squad then that is down to the management. The budget is high enough.

IF we have area's that need cover then we should be using the 2nd year YT's. Otherwise we end up releasing them before they have been given a chance. Who knows if one or two may have gone on to have decent careers as first team players had they been given the chance?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
AndyGTFC
September 7, 2011, 2:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
I don't mean they were here when we were in the league, Chris. I mean that they were at league clubs beforehand and left them to drop down to non-league so I imagine they will be on a fairly decent wage for this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
the Grimbarian
September 7, 2011, 3:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Ive said all pre season its ok going for quality than quantity but when youre playing 2 games a week the squad will show how deep it is when sooner or later the injuries start to build up.
We had a big squad last season but that never helped when youre playing players that shouldnt have been playing(ie Stockdale Croudsen)so what make the Chuckle Brothers think they can work a miracle with less.I also said their naivity will show up in our squad this season and sod me its already showing early in the season

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
BIGChris
September 7, 2011, 3:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from AndyGTFC
I don't mean they were here when we were in the league, Chris. I mean that they were at league clubs beforehand and left them to drop down to non-league so I imagine they will be on a fairly decent wage for this level.

Sorry, my mistake I misunderstood you.

I guess Disley, Ridley,Elding, Spencer, Artus also fall into the same thinking?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
AndyGTFC
September 7, 2011, 6:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
No worries mate and yeah, I'm guessing the players you mentioned are in the same boat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
80sglory
September 7, 2011, 6:41pm
Guest User
Well as you may already know I've been wondering where the budget went too.
It's all guesswork but when you consider Connell, Atkinson, Bore and possibly a few other highish earners left and we didn't need to pay off any contracts, you wonder how the 2 budgets compare - I guess Elding and Disley are high earners, possibly Spencer and Artus too ?
I did wonder if the budget is really as much as was claimed because the squad seems smaller but like Andy says we're also paying fees too and guess we haven't got all the Connell money through yet.
Who knows...
Reply: 8 - 20
Swansea_Mariner
September 7, 2011, 7:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,481
Gold Stars: 63
It's all relative though isn't it. Can anyone prove we have a small squad or is it just perception, does anyone actually know how many players are in other BSP teams squads this year, or does this get reported anywhere where its easy to see?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why is it ..................

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.