Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1600
What's up with you ?

alcohol input takin over....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 12:36am
Guest User
Ah I thought so.  
Drink lots of water !  
Reply: 21 - 29
gary_elton
September 5, 2011, 12:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1600
Ah I thought so.  
Drink lots of water !  

not a hope in hell.... ha ha

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
aaron rattray
September 5, 2011, 8:28am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
on my work experience we went up onto the gantry, 1 tidgy tv about 15 inches and one camera both was open to all elements aswell so if the quality is poor im not suprised

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
fotaura
September 5, 2011, 8:46am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Thank you for the comments about the Highlights, which I do for Forest Green Rovers (www.fotraura.co.uk).

In reply to Rob

Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
Unfortunately the quality of mariners player videos for away games is normally down to the away club to decide.  Most clubs don’t allow us to use our own video equipment  to film the games so we rely on what they supply us, The video we got from Forest Green had been heavily compressed then copied to a DVD.  The DVD for some reason also had no sound.
As the club was given this DVD after the game and it was not checked till the team got back then there was no way to rectify this.

The DVD produced during the game is silenced and a compressed version, as these are rush duplicated for the Team, Referees Assessor and away manager. If we had been contacted prioir to the game, the uncompressed versions would have been available for your use, either as a Transfer file or HQ DVDs after the game. If your video guys wishes to contact us for reciprical swops, please pm me.

fotaura llp.
www,fotaura.co.uk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
Garth
September 5, 2011, 8:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from aldi_01
The amateur nature of many a lower league club is one of the reasons they are lower league.

Whilst the burger van idea was one of fentys better ideas, the standard is so bad i think even a dog would turn it down and everything else atthw club is run on a shoe string. And yes, as city and others have said, gtfc have turned down many offers of voluntary help over the years...

Agreed! they turn down suggestions on how to win games and team selection from The Fishy members every week, absolute disgrace
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
voice of reason
September 5, 2011, 11:14am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
Unfortunately the quality of mariners player videos for away games is normally down to the away club to decide.  Most clubs don’t allow us to use our own video equipment  to film the games so we rely on what they supply us, The video we got from Forest Green had been heavily compressed then copied to a DVD.  The DVD for some reason also had no sound.
As the club was given this DVD after the game and it was not checked till the team got back then there was no way to rectify this.

As there are no rules currently set by the league on the quality of the video that the away club have to supply, the club ( Dale) can only work with what he has been given.

The Club have been working with the Video crew who film the games to get better quality for home games which are then normally uploaded within hours of the game finishing.

It's not just about the quality of the vids for me... It's the shitty commentators we have and the mistakes made when it is uploaded (how many times do they put it up and users can't open it)

It's just another thing that the club expect fans to pay for, yet don't seem to care that the quality is not up to standard...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
Drinkells Boot
September 5, 2011, 11:29am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1
fotaura, You need to contact a dale@gtfc.co.uk this is just fans here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
Perkins
September 5, 2011, 4:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
The sheer nostalgia of the totally unbaised commentary of Roly Godfrey in the early videos of Town moves me close to tears!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
Tony_GTFC
September 5, 2011, 8:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Every time we get relegated the coverage gets a bit worse. But just think if we get promoted we'll be BBC again. In ten years time we could be on Match of the Day every Saturday night  

Ask any man what nationality he would prefer to be, and ninety nine out of a hundred will tell you that they would prefer to be Englishmen.

CECIL RHODES

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'quality' of Mariners Player

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.