2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
September 3, 2011, 9:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
Chuffed to bits with our win today but missed out cos I'm poor and couldn't afford to travel down to Forest Green. Instead I spent a tenner on watching my local(ish) non league side Guiseley - where former Town midfield trio Ciaran Toner, Danny Boshell and Jamie Clarke currently play. I've written a report on my blog, All That and a Bag of Chips: [url]http://wp.me/p1FK1u-S[/url]

I'm also on Twitter (@richmariner) if anyone wants to follow. There's loads of Town fans on Twitter now, come and join if you haven't already!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Online
Site Private Message
Abdul19
September 3, 2011, 10:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 216
Nice report Rich. Sounds like Guiseley could go one better this year.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
zorro_is_a_Mariner
September 3, 2011, 10:30pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Good report that.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
MyDogsThoughts
September 3, 2011, 10:46pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
I saw Guiseley lose the Play-Off Final at AFC Telford, very unlucky, they played some great stuff but Telford were stronger, bullied them all over the park and scored the winner in last couple of minutes.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
RichMariner
September 3, 2011, 10:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
Cheers for the comments, lads. As you can tell, I was impressed with Guiseley today - thought they looked a very good outfit. They've got some tough opposition to come so let's see where they are in a month's time. Hyde are top having won all 7 games so far, so they'll take some catching already.

Guiseley had a player called Walshaw who was really good - think he went to Darlo in the summer. They got Forrest in as a replacement I think and he really stood out today. He's got some ability and if I were a Town scout I'd be keeping an eye on him (but we don't have scouts, do we?).

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Online
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
upthestripes
September 3, 2011, 11:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
I saw Guiseley lose the Play-Off Final at AFC Telford, very unlucky, they played some great stuff but Telford were stronger, bullied them all over the park

Non-league in a nutshell

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
topuphere666
September 4, 2011, 8:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Clarke and excellent in the same sentence.
sodomist me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
the Grimbarian
September 4, 2011, 9:25am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Ah well thats football for you and him going to one of the top teams in the BSN proves theres more there than Town fans were ever going to admit to but hey if they never had a boo boy every season the nobs would be bored(ie Bore Elding)

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Maringer
September 4, 2011, 11:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,529
Gold Stars: 185
I think that, perhaps, Clarke's lack of pace will be less of a problem in the BSN. Pace seems to be much more important in the BSP and lower divisions of the Football League. He had some good performances for us but, too often, was caught out by nippy wingers/forwards.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
the Grimbarian
September 4, 2011, 12:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
But whether you like him or hate him hes still earning good money for doing the job he like and his family has as history of as well

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Toner, Boshell and Clarke

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.