Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RichMariner, September 3, 2011, 9:23pm
Chuffed to bits with our win today but missed out cos I'm poor and couldn't afford to travel down to Forest Green. Instead I spent a tenner on watching my local(ish) non league side Guiseley - where former Town midfield trio Ciaran Toner, Danny Boshell and Jamie Clarke currently play. I've written a report on my blog, All That and a Bag of Chips: [url]http://wp.me/p1FK1u-S[/url]

I'm also on Twitter (@richmariner) if anyone wants to follow. There's loads of Town fans on Twitter now, come and join if you haven't already!
Posted by: Abdul19, September 3, 2011, 10:06pm; Reply: 1
Nice report Rich. Sounds like Guiseley could go one better this year.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 3, 2011, 10:30pm; Reply: 2
Good report that.
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, September 3, 2011, 10:46pm; Reply: 3
I saw Guiseley lose the Play-Off Final at AFC Telford, very unlucky, they played some great stuff but Telford were stronger, bullied them all over the park and scored the winner in last couple of minutes.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 3, 2011, 10:54pm; Reply: 4
Cheers for the comments, lads. As you can tell, I was impressed with Guiseley today - thought they looked a very good outfit. They've got some tough opposition to come so let's see where they are in a month's time. Hyde are top having won all 7 games so far, so they'll take some catching already.

Guiseley had a player called Walshaw who was really good - think he went to Darlo in the summer. They got Forrest in as a replacement I think and he really stood out today. He's got some ability and if I were a Town scout I'd be keeping an eye on him (but we don't have scouts, do we?).
Posted by: upthestripes, September 3, 2011, 11:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
I saw Guiseley lose the Play-Off Final at AFC Telford, very unlucky, they played some great stuff but Telford were stronger, bullied them all over the park

Non-league in a nutshell
Posted by: topuphere666, September 4, 2011, 8:54am; Reply: 6
Clarke and excellent in the same sentence.
sodomist me
Posted by: the Grimbarian, September 4, 2011, 9:25am; Reply: 7
Ah well thats football for you and him going to one of the top teams in the BSN proves theres more there than Town fans were ever going to admit to but hey if they never had a boo boy every season the nobs would be bored(ie Bore Elding) ;)
Posted by: Maringer, September 4, 2011, 11:47am; Reply: 8
I think that, perhaps, Clarke's lack of pace will be less of a problem in the BSN. Pace seems to be much more important in the BSP and lower divisions of the Football League. He had some good performances for us but, too often, was caught out by nippy wingers/forwards.
Posted by: the Grimbarian, September 4, 2011, 12:03pm; Reply: 9
But whether you like him or hate him hes still earning good money for doing the job he like and his family has as history of as well ;) ;) ;)
Posted by: RichMariner, September 4, 2011, 4:46pm; Reply: 10
The thing that struck me about Guiseley was how extremely organised they were. The players worked really hard for each other. They tried not to just lump it forward when under pressure - there was always a shorter option every time. Clarke didn't look too quick yesterday (admittedly the opposition wasn't up to much) but he always had support and I never saw him aimlessly punt forward. It was neat and tidy play. Their manager obviously likes his team to pass it and therefore it's perhaps no surprise that they have ex-Buckley players in his squad.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 8:08am