2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Caveman
August 28, 2011, 12:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Of course this isn't the first time Rob has let himself down.

Only last week I was chatting to a local vicar, who on hearing that I was a Mariner's fan mentioned that earlier this
month he had been passing the North Ferriby ground one evening when Town were playing there. He remarked upon
the terrible language he had overheard from the ground even though there were no players on the pitch.

I explained that it was our manager's half-time talk and hoped he hadn't been too offended.

" Offended " he said, " I was furious !. He had pinched half of my next Sunday's sermon "

Seriously. He might be passionate but has to learn to take criticsm, even from idiots, and deal with it professionally.

Yesterday I thought the team played reasonably well at times despite the wrong formation, and a number of the
players showed some promise. There were glaring problems in the first half which led to their two goals. These could
and should have easily been sorted from the dugout early on. It wasn't as if there was a huge crowd drowning out the
bench's instructions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
cardiffmariner
August 28, 2011, 12:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Sane Mariner
I attended Fleetwood away last season when Neil and Dave Moore where in charge. After a 3-0 drubbing, the crowd were totally fed up and at the end of the game Dave Moore came over to the away stand to talk to a few of the fans. As he approached he said 'come on then, tell me what you think'. He stood there for 10 minutes talking to fans, some of whom were telling him he and Neil didn't have a clue what they were doing, no tactics etc etc. At no point was he rude or unprofessional. He listened, took it on the chin, said he recognised a lot of the problems, gave his view and tried to explain some of the challenges they where facing. He shook hands with most of the fans gathered and thanked them for coming. Now that is a professional attitude if you ask me. I also remememer Russell Slade coming to talk to the fans at an away game and receiving a tonne of abuse - I don't recall him telling them to intercourse off and not bother coming back! No doubt he probably wanted to though!

I think RS has passion for this club but there are ways of showing it and yesterday just wasn't it! I am behind the managers and hope to GOD they do well, but yesterday just adds fuel to the fire and puts more pressure on them to do well! I hope he publicly apologises, but I won't hold my breathe!

WHS

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › WHO IS WRONG AND WHO IS RIGHT,

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.