Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FICKLE!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 110 Guests

FICKLE!

This thread currently has 2,471 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
I believe in Cod
August 27, 2011, 10:35pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
I am sick of hearing the same rubbish from 'fans' all of the time.

'We should be beating teams like Fleetwood and Braintree' Why should we? We're an established non-league side now, we've got non league players and operate on a non league budget. We are not in the Championship and we do not have Steve Livingstone playing for us anymore

Rob Scott is exactly the right sort of manager that we need. New, clean slate, he wants to start again, and start again realistically to combat the position we are in, and thats what he is doing.

I don't understand how people can complain that he swore. I struggle to find many adults inside Blundell Park on a matchday that manage to structure a simple sentence without swearing, Grimsby is not a poncy upper-class suburb. It's a working class town with working class people. People who think he was wrong for swearing need to get off their high horses and stop thinking you're better off than you are.

A real Grimsby Town fan would be getting behind the managers at this time, it's the start of the season, anything can happen from here the last thing they need is a lack of cohesion from the fans.

If we'd won a game rather than lost one we'd be around the play off's!? It's not a time for panic, it's anything but.

Rob went over to speak to fans, to show that he respects what the fans are saying, and in all honesty, nobody had any right to complain today, we played well, and we were beaten. It's football, it happens. We are not Man Utd, people need to stop expecting us to play like a premiership side, the bosses said that this season would not be pretty, but we'd get results, and we will, you can see that it's coming.

I firmly believe that it will only take one goal for Hearn to be off the starting blocks, he was born to score goals.

The midfield is the best we've had for years, Disley is a real work horse and I can't remember the last time we had a creative midfielder like Frankie Artus (who btw has looked excellent in the last two games, and in pre-season)

They are exactly the type of managers that we need at this club whilst we have a board like we do, with a lack of ambition and a lack of knowledge. They know the score and they will get us out of this league, given the opportunity.

Get a fcucking grip stop jumping on bandwagons, have some balderdash to think what you want to think and not what everyone else is shouting and get behind the management, and the team!

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
UTMAdinfinitum
August 27, 2011, 10:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +94
totally agree!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
GYinScuntland
August 27, 2011, 10:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from I believe in Cod
I am sick of hearing the same rubbish from 'fans' all of the time.

'We should be beating teams like Fleetwood and Braintree' Why should we? We're an established non-league side now, we've got non league players and operate on a non league budget. We are not in the Championship and we do not have Steve Livingstone playing for us anymore

Rob Scott is exactly the right sort of manager that we need. New, clean slate, he wants to start again, and start again realistically to combat the position we are in, and thats what he is doing.

I don't understand how people can complain that he swore. I struggle to find many adults inside Blundell Park on a matchday that manage to structure a simple sentence without swearing, Grimsby is not a poncy upper-class suburb. It's a working class town with working class people. People who think he was wrong for swearing need to get off their high horses and stop thinking you're better off than you are.

A real Grimsby Town fan would be getting behind the managers at this time, it's the start of the season, anything can happen from here the last thing they need is a lack of cohesion from the fans.

If we'd won a game rather than lost one we'd be around the play off's!? It's not a time for panic, it's anything but.

Rob went over to speak to fans, to show that he respects what the fans are saying, and in all honesty, nobody had any right to complain today, we played well, and we were beaten. It's football, it happens. We are not Man Utd, people need to stop expecting us to play like a premiership side, the bosses said that this season would not be pretty, but we'd get results, and we will, you can see that it's coming.

I firmly believe that it will only take one goal for Hearn to be off the starting blocks, he was born to score goals.

The midfield is the best we've had for years, Disley is a real work horse and I can't remember the last time we had a creative midfielder like Frankie Artus (who btw has looked excellent in the last two games, and in pre-season)

They are exactly the type of managers that we need at this club whilst we have a board like we do, with a lack of ambition and a lack of knowledge. They know the score and they will get us out of this league, given the opportunity.

Get a fcucking grip stop jumping on bandwagons, have some balderdash to think what you want to think and not what everyone else is shouting and get behind the management, and the team!

Don't log on then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
I believe in Cod
August 27, 2011, 10:45pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Don't log on then.

I'm not on about on the Fishy, I was referring in general to fans, around Town and in the ground. But thanks for that input. nob head

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Abdul19
August 27, 2011, 10:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Well said IBIC.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
GYinScuntland
August 27, 2011, 11:15pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98

I'm not on about on the Fishy, I was referring in general to fans, around Town and in the ground. But thanks for that input. nob head

Your post was quite scathing of some (not all ) Town fans to which you have a right of opinion as do I, but to call me nob head is a bit below the belt fella. My post was, I will agree, a bit short and sweet in reply to your rant but I think you have let yourself down a bit by that reply after what was a quite intelligent and well written post of yours, even if I didn't agree with every word you typed. xx
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
TWAreaTownSupporter
August 27, 2011, 11:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Fickle. 40 years is not fickle.

Scott and Hurst have not shown any evidence of turning things around. They came here mouthing off when they arrived in the Spring. He who lives by the sword....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
carrot top
August 27, 2011, 11:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Anyone care to remember 97/98 start of the season (7 games in) when we were near the bottom of the table. The rest they say is history. UTM

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
I believe in Cod
August 27, 2011, 11:27pm

Snakebite drinker
Fickle. 40 years is not fickle.

Scott and Hurst have not shown any evidence of turning things around. They came here mouthing off when they arrived in the Spring. He who lives by the sword....

Ok, so 40 years is not fickle, accepted, you're probably not one of the people that my post was aimed at? Do you moan about Grimsby at every game, even when we are winning?

If Scott and Hurst haven't shown you enough encouragement, then what, in your opinion, is the answer to the problems that we have?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
TWAreaTownSupporter
August 28, 2011, 12:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1

Ok, so 40 years is not fickle, accepted, you're probably not one of the people that my post was aimed at? Do you moan about Grimsby at every game, even when we are winning?

If Scott and Hurst haven't shown you enough encouragement, then what, in your opinion, is the answer to the problems that we have?

No and I don't boo (though have been known to shout "you're not fit to wear the shirt" after displays like Braintree.

In my opinion Scott is not showing he has the ability to do this job. His foot is constantly in his mouth. He's had a bit of success with teams lower down but managing at a club like Town is a different kettle of fish. Its OK to "be passionate" but I want a manager to use his head. After what are widely recognised as tactical mistakes he should be showing a bit more humble attitude than telling people to not bother coming.

If I'd have had my way Sco'n'Hurst wouldn't be here in the first place. The only way to be able to move forward is to get a new chairman. The new person can assess what to do about S&H. One of the first things I'd do is to (behind closed doors) give him a bollocking. "Your players. Your team. Your tactics. Your mistakes. Don't make my job of giving you the money needed for success any harder by telling the people who pay your wages to fuckoff. Now next interview you do, take the blame, take responsibility, 'fault of wanting to win so much. I'll make sure that passion is used to better effect by using my brain'. Off you go, keep your trap shut and build me a winning team."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FICKLE!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.