Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FICKLE!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 270 Guests

FICKLE!

This thread currently has 2,470 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
The Grim Reaper
August 28, 2011, 12:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Just watched the highlights of the game and it looked like we batered them.

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
immariner
August 28, 2011, 12:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from The Grim Reaper

We largely did, especially in the second half. Started well too and should probably have been a couple up before they scored their, admittedly diabolical goals. On another day we'd have had 5 at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
headingly_mariner
August 28, 2011, 12:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from The Grim Reaper

We had given them a two goal lead to sit on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
Abdul19
August 28, 2011, 1:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from headingly_mariner

We had given them a two goal lead to sit on.

We had chances before they were 2 up though.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
wycombemariner
August 28, 2011, 1:14am
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56

Scott and Hurst have not shown any evidence of turning things around.

Please remind me of the last time in the last (at least) 2 seasons that we have played as well as we did today?  

Not shown any signs of turning it round?  They've signed decent players for a start!  First time thats happened since Slade was here!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
headingly_mariner
August 28, 2011, 1:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Abdul19

We had chances before they were 2 up though.

They scored after 10 minutes and i think for all our pressure they were the better side in the first half, some of their passing was very good which was not something i expected from a Cooper team. They soaked us up and defended well in the second half but for the first 10 minutes of the second half we were not all over them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
Alkalineroger
August 28, 2011, 1:45am
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +61
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from I believe in Cod
I am sick of hearing the same rubbish from 'fans' all of the time.

'We should be beating teams like Fleetwood and Braintree' Why should we? We're an established non-league side now, we've got non league players and operate on a non league budget. We are not in the Championship and we do not have Steve Livingstone playing for us anymore

Rob Scott is exactly the right sort of manager that we need. New, clean slate, he wants to start again, and start again realistically to combat the position we are in, and thats what he is doing.

I don't understand how people can complain that he swore. I struggle to find many adults inside Blundell Park on a matchday that manage to structure a simple sentence without swearing, Grimsby is not a poncy upper-class suburb. It's a working class town with working class people. People who think he was wrong for swearing need to get off their high horses and stop thinking you're better off than you are.

A real Grimsby Town fan would be getting behind the managers at this time, it's the start of the season, anything can happen from here the last thing they need is a lack of cohesion from the fans.

If we'd won a game rather than lost one we'd be around the play off's!? It's not a time for panic, it's anything but.

Rob went over to speak to fans, to show that he respects what the fans are saying, and in all honesty, nobody had any right to complain today, we played well, and we were beaten. It's football, it happens. We are not Man Utd, people need to stop expecting us to play like a premiership side, the bosses said that this season would not be pretty, but we'd get results, and we will, you can see that it's coming.

I firmly believe that it will only take one goal for Hearn to be off the starting blocks, he was born to score goals.

The midfield is the best we've had for years, Disley is a real work horse and I can't remember the last time we had a creative midfielder like Frankie Artus (who btw has looked excellent in the last two games, and in pre-season)

They are exactly the type of managers that we need at this club whilst we have a board like we do, with a lack of ambition and a lack of knowledge. They know the score and they will get us out of this league, given the opportunity.

Get a fcucking grip stop jumping on bandwagons, have some balderdash to think what you want to think and not what everyone else is shouting and get behind the management, and the team!

the biggest load of sense I've seen on here for ages.. Well said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
TWAreaTownSupporter
August 28, 2011, 9:37am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Disley is about the only improvement. They've sidelined the most effective attacking player left at the club. The rest are at best unproven.  We're 5th bottom. The team they took over were 10th when they took over and top half at least the rest of the season. There was no need for wholesale changes of personnel.

Given time I think they might manage to finish 10th.

Some pillock who wasn't even born when I started watching Town and won't be around for more than 2 years has no right to tell anyone "if you don't like it don't fackin come". When we're in League One he can be excused his outburst. Until then he can keep his trap shut and concentrate on doing his job. If he doesn't like abuse he should do his job properly in the first place or fack off and get another one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
voice of reason
August 28, 2011, 10:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
No need for a new thread.... This could have gone on the 'Grimsby Fanbase' thread...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
upthestripes
August 28, 2011, 1:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from I believe in Cod

Get a fcucking grip stop jumping on bandwagons, have some balderdash to think what you want to think and not what everyone else is shouting and get behind the management, and the team!

Good post and I largely agree with you, but this little nugget of irony made me smile

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FICKLE!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.