6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 27, 2011, 5:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Disappointing to lose to them again as i think we deserved at least a point.Few positives but more negatives.Hearn looks lost and like he'll never score.Duffy doesn't get the crosses he needs to score from but we looked good when we got it down and played.We looked a pub side at other times though and Darlo had far more nous than us.

We never got any luck again but losing sides never do.They exploited Thompson drifting inside by having two on Wood a few times and that's where the goals came from.

We had plenty of good situations but once again failed to exploit them.Great team goal though.

All in all,too soft at both ends.Sloppy at the back and lack conviction up front.Think we'll still be in thos league next year from what i've seen and that's worrying because the punters are staying away more and more.Well less than three thousand today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
carrot top
August 27, 2011, 5:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from ginnywings
Disappointing to lose to them again as i think we deserved at least a point.Few positives but more negatives.Hearn looks lost and like he'll never score.Duffy doesn't get the crosses he needs to score from but we looked good when we got it down and played.We looked a pub side at other times though and Darlo had far more nous than us.

We never got any luck again but losing sides never do.They exploited Thompson drifting inside by having two on Wood a few times and that's where the goals came from.

We had plenty of good situations but once again failed to exploit them.Great team goal though.

All in all,too soft at both ends.Sloppy at the back and lack conviction up front.Think we'll still be in thos league next year from what i've seen and that's worrying because the punters are staying away more and more.Well less than three thousand today.

what was the attendance?

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
petethemariner
August 27, 2011, 5:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from carrot top

what was the attendance?

2,800 odd
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Pontooner
August 27, 2011, 5:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +186
2887 or there abouts.

Thought S&H had us set up all wrong today with that lopsides 4 in the middle. left us very exposed on our R/H side.

Tought they were slow to change it and slow to make a change up front. Spencer didn't come on till 88 mins, far too late.

Apart from the ususal defensive member ups I thought we played quite well at times and were parhaps unlucky not to draw in the end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
Alfie
August 27, 2011, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Utterly draining.
Didn't play badly at all but looked so naive at times - especially for the first goal. Another consolidation season.

If you sell the most natural goalscorer in the league a few weeks before the start of the season and rely on players who've never played at this 'high' of a level you can't expect anything less.

Fair play to Serge and Duffy though. Vastly improved. Disley was class first half. The rest looked ok baring Thompson and Wood who were horrendous. How Wood continually gets in the side is beyond me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
carrot top
August 27, 2011, 5:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from petethemariner

2,800 odd

Thanks. I expected that really as we are in poor form in a shite league. Start winning and the fans will come back

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
RoboCod
August 27, 2011, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from ginnywings

This is my biggest worry. Never mind Duffy and Elding, Hearn doesn't seem to have much more to his game that a willingness to keep running. Early days but we look weak up front.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
Alfie
August 27, 2011, 5:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
I disagree about Hearn. First time i've seen him in a competitive game. Looked lively but was unlucky. Russell with two great stops to deny him and a whisker away from lobbing him. If he gets one he'll be off and running.

Probably needs a season to adjust though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
aldi_01
August 27, 2011, 5:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Utterly shocking management and behaviour too. Tactical ineptness cost the game in the first 25 minutes. After one goal it was obvious what was wrong yet our blind, dumb, useless, clueless shatter you want to call them disnt see it...I was never woodsys biggest fan butninbet he's pissing himself at this...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
Pontooner
August 27, 2011, 5:32pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +186
I think Hearn gives a bit of pace up front, but lacks the touch and speed of awareness in the box. That said he's new to this level so may adjust as the season goes on.

Trouble is we need goals now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.