Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ginnywings, August 27, 2011, 5:16pm
Disappointing to lose to them again as i think we deserved at least a point.Few positives but more negatives.Hearn looks lost and like he'll never score.Duffy doesn't get the crosses he needs to score from but we looked good when we got it down and played.We looked a pub side at other times though and Darlo had far more nous than us.

We never got any luck again but losing sides never do.They exploited Thompson drifting inside by having two on Wood a few times and that's where the goals came from.

We had plenty of good situations but once again failed to exploit them.Great team goal though.

All in all,too soft at both ends.Sloppy at the back and lack conviction up front.Think we'll still be in thos league next year from what i've seen and that's worrying because the punters are staying away more and more.Well less than three thousand today.
Posted by: carrot top, August 27, 2011, 5:18pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from ginnywings
Disappointing to lose to them again as i think we deserved at least a point.Few positives but more negatives.Hearn looks lost and like he'll never score.Duffy doesn't get the crosses he needs to score from but we looked good when we got it down and played.We looked a pub side at other times though and Darlo had far more nous than us.

We never got any luck again but losing sides never do.They exploited Thompson drifting inside by having two on Wood a few times and that's where the goals came from.

We had plenty of good situations but once again failed to exploit them.Great team goal though.

All in all,too soft at both ends.Sloppy at the back and lack conviction up front.Think we'll still be in thos league next year from what i've seen and that's worrying because the punters are staying away more and more.Well less than three thousand today.

what was the attendance?
Posted by: petethemariner, August 27, 2011, 5:20pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from carrot top

what was the attendance?

2,800 odd
Posted by: Pontooner, August 27, 2011, 5:21pm; Reply: 3
2887 or there abouts.

Thought S&H had us set up all wrong today with that lopsides 4 in the middle. left us very exposed on our R/H side.

Tought they were slow to change it and slow to make a change up front. Spencer didn't come on till 88 mins, far too late.

Apart from the ususal defensive member ups I thought we played quite well at times and were parhaps unlucky not to draw in the end.
Posted by: Alfie, August 27, 2011, 5:21pm; Reply: 4
Utterly draining.
Didn't play badly at all but looked so naive at times - especially for the first goal. Another consolidation season.

If you sell the most natural goalscorer in the league a few weeks before the start of the season and rely on players who've never played at this 'high' of a level you can't expect anything less.

Fair play to Serge and Duffy though. Vastly improved. Disley was class first half. The rest looked ok baring Thompson and Wood who were horrendous. How Wood continually gets in the side is beyond me.
Posted by: carrot top, August 27, 2011, 5:22pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from petethemariner

2,800 odd

Thanks. I expected that really as we are in poor form in a shite league. Start winning and the fans will come back
Posted by: RoboCod, August 27, 2011, 5:24pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

This is my biggest worry. Never mind Duffy and Elding, Hearn doesn't seem to have much more to his game that a willingness to keep running. Early days but we look weak up front.
Posted by: Alfie, August 27, 2011, 5:25pm; Reply: 7
I disagree about Hearn. First time i've seen him in a competitive game. Looked lively but was unlucky. Russell with two great stops to deny him and a whisker away from lobbing him. If he gets one he'll be off and running.

Probably needs a season to adjust though.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 27, 2011, 5:28pm; Reply: 8
Utterly shocking management and behaviour too. Tactical ineptness cost the game in the first 25 minutes. After one goal it was obvious what was wrong yet our blind, dumb, useless, clueless shatter you want to call them disnt see it...I was never woodsys biggest fan butninbet he's pissing himself at this...
Posted by: Pontooner, August 27, 2011, 5:32pm; Reply: 9
I think Hearn gives a bit of pace up front, but lacks the touch and speed of awareness in the box. That said he's new to this level so may adjust as the season goes on.

Trouble is we need goals now.
Posted by: semilapsedmariner, August 27, 2011, 5:37pm; Reply: 10
What does mafoko bring to the game besides running at defenders then losing the ball by not looking for the easy pass.looks good but no cigar.
Or taking it 5 yards to far then stopping and losing the ball.
Shorty and shouty need to study the match footage and realise that he is exiting yes but end product no.
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 27, 2011, 5:40pm; Reply: 11
One of the better games i've watched in the last year of BSP football, Scott and Hurst cost us the game. If Coulson or even I had started on the right, we would've won. The fact we played with no right winger again was a joke, it only worked on Tuesday because Dunk was a left sided midfielder and him going off played right into our hands. Russell pulled off 3 magnificant saves, the one from Hearn being the best save of the lot and Spencer at the end was pretty impressive too. Duffy was superb all game yet again and Makofo & Artus were good too, it's not a disaster because we played well and the players didn't let us down, the management did.

My player ratings and analysis;

Mckeown - Didn't have a lot to do, his kickings the best i've seen from a goalkeeper in years mind. 6/10

Ridley - Far too slow today, got caught on the ball a lot and then got injured. Meaning we are now copulated with left backs, do we never learn!? 6/10

Kempson Wasn't at fault for either goal, but lumped it up far too much! 6/10

Pearson - Unlucky with the og, the players 'tackling' for the build up to it let him down. Looks awfully slow though and I dont really trust him with the ball coming towards him. 6/10

Wood I'm not going to give him a rating, because on balance he should be like a 4. However, he was terribly terribly let down by Scott and Hurst today. Bloke next to me (pillock) was screaming at him to go forward and make challenges, how the intercourse could he!? He was given two positions today and had he been given the support he so desperately needed (i.e a right winger) then we would've won today. Second half he got it and looked okay, but it was too little too late.

Thompson Not a great game for him today, looked more interested in flying in for a challenge than he did playing football. A number of times he allowed Darlo players to go in for 50/50 balls so he could whallop them, when it was his ball to get his foot on. When the ball was coming down the right he should've had the knack to drift out and support Wood, he failed to do that every bloody time. 5/10

Disley - Not great, lost the ball a lot. The things he did well, he did very well but the things he did bad he did very bad. Shown up by Artus today. 5/10

Artus - Good game, looked good yet again and was equal with Duffy and edged out just by Serge. Such a skillful player, played neat simple passes and even got stuck in when needed. I'm a big fan and he looked 10 of Disley today. 7/10

Makofo - First time i've said this, im begining to realise he's very good at what he does. It may not always pay off but he's our biggest threat by a fooooking mile! Great to see him score and he got in behind a lot more today, crossing is gradually getting better. 8/10

Hearn Desperately unlucky on two occasions in the first half, which was his best 45 mins in a Town shirt for me today. Second half he looked unconfident yet again and couldn't find the space he found in the first, I feel for him but it'll come. I'm certain Duffy is the best player for him to play with. 6.5/10

Duffy Won flipping everything again, he looks a revelation this season! His mouth let him down but he really does look a threat and is doing his best to bring Hearn into the game, putting him and Makofo on the transfer list is the best thing that happened to the both of them, good game yet again. 7/10

Subs;

I'anson - Clearly not a right back but made a good clearance from Walshaws effort to keep us in it - 6/10

Coulson - Why o why didn't he start. He made our goal and contributed to the game, had he played the full game we would've won. No questions. 7/10

Spencer - Didnt get long enough to make a rating, desperately unlucky at the end.

Hopefully Penn and Teller have learnt another valuable lesson, its not a disaster by any means. But Darlington were not better than us, our managers just played tactical suicide. The side is looking better, football is being played and i'm still confident we can do alright. Something really needs to be done about the defence though, far too slow and dithering about, it'll cost us games.
Posted by: Mariners_15, August 27, 2011, 5:41pm; Reply: 12
Painful to watch, another reason why we need to splash the cash on a striker... Vardy or Styche would have done, both have recently signed for new clubs or signed new deals. Hearn isn't reading the game.

Darlo were ahead of us on every level today!

Final ball = terrible.

Rant over,

Scotts a CLOWN!
Posted by: BIGChris, August 27, 2011, 5:41pm; Reply: 13
Hearn wa sunlucky today. Two top class saves by russell and the lob must have been inches away. He keeps those up he will soon be up an drunning. Duffy dominated Graham Lee and co aerially and Mokofo showed the sort of effort and desire we need to get our season started.

Wood is getting slammed but he was on a hiding to nothing with nobody else playing on the right hand side. He was left totally exposed by the tactical ineptitude of the formation. Ridley look like he is injured again which again leaves us very very short of full backs. I'anson looked poor at right back today. Pearson worries me. Not because he scored an own goal but at times he looks very naieve and he needs to learn quickly
Posted by: moosey_club, August 27, 2011, 5:48pm; Reply: 14
Well for me.....

some really bright play and link ups in the first half, Ridley was in their box more than ours and he and Serge seemed to have gelled, Serge running at will but as had been said elsewhere previously final ball not great but....at times both strikers had gone to far post so his shorter pull backs were made to look worse than they probably were.
Duffy had a pretty good game and did what he was there to do, flick on and hold up, for the majority of the game.
Hearn looked a completely different player in the second half, completely non existant and playing with zero confidence, he was not outstanding first half but disappeared totally in the second.
Totally non existant right side throughout the first half, Wood was not helped by having Thompson out of position in front of him but also had a poor game himself positionally, completely cost us the game.
Disley and Artus i liked, happy on the ball and some neat passes.

Happier with the performance as at times there was some neat and incisive play, we had plenty of chances today, Disley, Hearn x3, Duffy, Coulson, Spencer but Russell earnt his corn to deny a coup[le of those at least.

Poor result but far from poor performance, two pieces of defending aside.  
Posted by: Havelock the Dane, August 27, 2011, 6:03pm; Reply: 15
Obviously a decent performance at least with the ball, lots of shots on target and their keeper had a stormer. Off the ball we looked weak and tactically we had to close that huge hole on the right and didn't until it was too late.
Posted by: AndyGTFC, August 27, 2011, 6:06pm; Reply: 16
We deserved something from that without a shadow of a doubt. We were the better side and looked very good going forward. We just keep leaking goals and sides seem to score with the majority of the chances we have against us.

The 4-3-3 didn't work defensively. I can see why we played with it from the start, Darlington don't usually play a 4-4-2 but once it started, we didn't change it and because Darlo had that extra width, Wood had to deal with two players and that cost us at least the first goal, even if the deflection was just unlucky.

Anyway, Makofo was our best player again, took his goal well too. Duffy had another good game, won a hell of a lot in the air, Hearn looked lively in the first half and could've had a couple, Artus and Disley did well in the centre too.  
Posted by: Chris, August 27, 2011, 6:10pm; Reply: 17
Defensively we looked very poor. Nothing new this season....
Posted by: gobby, August 27, 2011, 6:27pm; Reply: 18
Wood was poor today, ok he never had the back up from TT but was still exposed and looked lifeless at times. Artus is starting to show what a good player he is as is Mokofo and Duffy. Hearn will score but when? Russell was outstanding and stopped Town getting at least a point which on the whole I think we deserved.  8)
UTMM
Posted by: supertown, August 27, 2011, 6:28pm; Reply: 19
We played quite well today and didnt deserve to lose but the amount of space on their left side was embarrassing. Their keeper was outstanding.
Posted by: 1888 (Guest), August 27, 2011, 6:38pm; Reply: 20
2800!!! Shocking support.
We used to bring that to you.
You will be getting under 2000 soon.
We took that away today.
Only a matter of time before your in the conference north.
It's going to be a long long season for you tut tut
Posted by: barralad, August 27, 2011, 6:44pm; Reply: 21
Defensively as a unit we weren't at the races. A lot has been said about the huge amount of space down our right and yes Wood was left exposed. That goes nowhere near though explaining their second goal where their lad walked into the box with the ball and none of the four players he drew towards him bothered to put anything like a tackle in. Shocking defending!
As far as the two managers are concerned-totally unbalanced side which it was difficult to believe they put out. This difficulty becomes impossible to fathom when after ELEVEN minutes we are one down due to the obvious exploitation of the space and nothing is done. At one point Ridley was defending at right back. There were so many warning signs which seemed to be unheeded.
After Newport I couldn't see where the next goal was coming from. Since then we have created at least 15 good chances. Their keeper should be given the freedom of Darlo after that performance. I'm sure he's pulled out that sort of performance before here,,
I think we should take heart from the efforts of the front players but giving a side a two goal lead is always a big ask for a result.
Scott and Hurst have big decisions to make for Monday. Assuming Ridley is out we need to find a left back. I'Anson could do the job but he appears to be nowhere near as good going forward as Ridley is. Coulson simply has to start for me. He gave their defence something to think about and spread the play. The biggest decision is over Hearn. Do they persist with a player who hasn't scored since the Lincoln game (although even his biggest detractors would have to agree he was bloody unlucky today) or do they see whether Spencer with his tremendous body strength can feed more productively off Duffy's knock-downs.
I sincerely hope that the performances of players with allegedly no future at the club has registered with the two gaffers and with it some acceptance that just maybe their desire for a clean sweep was misguided. Who knows we might even get to see Eagle given a chance.
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 27, 2011, 6:57pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from 1888
2800!!! Shocking support.
We used to bring that to you.
You will be getting under 2000 soon.
We took that away today.
Only a matter of time before your in the conference north.
It's going to be a long long season for you tut tut

Pretty sure you never, because our away end doesn't hold that. Anyway, at least you took 2,000 today, well done. Just down the road so you'd expect about that in Championship wouldn't you? Oh, wait, you took 550  ;D Least you won today so you have a right to brag, wait, no, you lost!
Posted by: Garth, August 27, 2011, 7:03pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Alfie
Utterly draining.
Didn't play badly at all but looked so naive at times - especially for the first goal. Another consolidation season.

If you sell the most natural goalscorer in the league a few weeks before the start of the season and rely on players who've never played at this 'high' of a level you can't expect anything less.

Fair play to Serge and Duffy though. Vastly improved. Disley was class first half. The rest looked ok baring Thompson and Wood who were horrendous. How Wood continually gets in the side is beyond me.

Told him he was a gonner from the club yesterday and picked him today, what do you expect?
Posted by: Tommy, August 27, 2011, 7:08pm; Reply: 24
I can't understand why Thompson is getting a lot of stick and was from the stands? He wasn't playing right midfield so wasn't out of position leaving Wood exposed. The team was laid out like this:

Wood.....Pearson.....Kempson.....Ridley

............Thompson...Disley...Artus

.................................................Makofo

....................Hearn....Duffy

Just as it was on Tuesday night (as i described in the just back thread whilst others were claiming it was 442 by the way  ;) ) . We got away with it against a team with ten men for the majority of the game but a decent and savvy Darlo side took full advantage of this lop-sided shape which, i feel, is the only thing that cost us the points today.

We were decent on the ball throughout the match. Only when we didn't have the ball in the first half playing this formation did we look stretched and in trouble. When Coulson came on at half time for Thompson it was a straight 442 and we were better organised to cope when not in possession. But both Darlo goals came from build up down our right. The first was just us outnumbered down that flank and Darlo worked their way into the box (a little too easily still mind) and got lucky with a deflection making sure it went in. The second, they would say they worked well, but the left back (Taylor??) followed his pass and Hearn didn't track him so they had a free man in the box to pick someone out.

Great goal on the break from our lads though and i was still confident we could win the game at that point, not just get a point. But it wasn't to be. Kempson was unlucky to hit the bar with a header that looped over the keep and was goalbound if it dropped 5 centimetres sooner. Spencer had a great chance late on, as Elding did on Tuesday, but hit it straight at the keeper.

If we'd played 4-4-2 from the start we would have probably won the game. We didn't but still almost got something out of it and with a bit more luck could have done.

Individually -
Duffy was very good again - different player from last season.
Artus again showed some neat turns and touches, just needs to be quicker to anticipate where the second ball is going to drop in the middle and to actually get onto it first.
Disley again had a decent game, doesn't often give the ball away and some good surging runs forward.
McKeown very safe again. Potentially our no.1 for a very long time if complacency doesn't get the better of him.
Kempson very good as was Ridley until he had to go off.
Wood - usual tenacity but very very poor on the ball. Late run down the left in injury time and has time and space to put a free cross into the box where we had several players, and he spoons it out into the pontoon - that's not good enough at any level of football i'm afraid. Must work on his crossing.
Hearn unlucky not to score in the first half but doesn't look sharp and i wonder if the little knock he got in pre-season is bothering him but he is too desperate to impress that he's trying to play through it?
Posted by: Bornandbread, August 27, 2011, 7:25pm; Reply: 25
Coulson not playing...bizarre. Much better balance when he was on.

Disley looks excellent - in a tidy way.

Artus looks like he is improving each game.

Hearn looks desperately short of confidence and the classic 'he needs to score one off his bottom' to get him going I think might not be far from the truth.

But the 4 3 3 seems a bit like square pegs in round holes as Hearn cant play as the centre front man alone but he equally cant play out wide.
Posted by: Perkins, August 27, 2011, 7:31pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Alfie
Utterly draining.

Dont some people listen. He went because he wanted to. Greedy bug*er anyway. Cocked up most attacks, deffo not a team player.
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 27, 2011, 7:36pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Perkins

Dont some people listen. He went because he wanted to. Greedy bug*er anyway. Cocked up most attacks, deffo not a team player.

Yeah, i'd call 30 goals 'cocking up attacks' too!
Posted by: Perkins, August 27, 2011, 7:44pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from pontoonlew

Yeah, i'd call 30 goals 'cocking up attacks' too!

What good did those 30 goals do us at the end of the season. The team as a whole could well have scored many more goals than they did if he had passed it a bit instead of wasting chances to try and up his tally to beat Tubbs as leagues top scorer.  Not a team player.
Posted by: Havelock the Dane, August 27, 2011, 7:50pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Perkins

What good did those 30 goals do us at the end of the season. The team as a whole could well have scored many more goals than they did if he had passed it a bit instead of wasting chances to try and up his tally to beat Tubbs as leagues top scorer.  Not a team player.

Words fail me.

Posted by: voice of reason, August 27, 2011, 8:06pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Perkins

Bizarre....
Posted by: Perkins, August 27, 2011, 8:08pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Havelock the Dane

Words fail me.

Words may fail you Hav, but thats my honest opinion. I just get sick and tired of people thinking that if Connell had stayed he would have been our saviour. He didn't, he wont be, end of.

Posted by: 1888 (Guest), August 27, 2011, 8:14pm; Reply: 32
Conference north is calling
Posted by: siy2k5, August 27, 2011, 8:15pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Perkins

Words may fail you Hav, but thats my honest opinion. I just get sick and tired of people thinking that if Connell had stayed he would have been our saviour. He didn't, he wont be, end of.

He wanted out, he wanted a move back down south, he got what he wanted. There was no way he was gonna be here this season. Let's just leave it at that and move on eh?
Posted by: Perkins, August 27, 2011, 8:18pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from 1888
Conference north is calling

For the Scunts Iron? I agree.
Posted by: bradzmilne, August 27, 2011, 8:23pm; Reply: 35
wasnt at bp today as am still away, but via radio hull it sounded like we was at times very unlucky but how many times can we be unlucky? its the same most weeks. I cant comment to much but i think if we dont go on a 5/6 run of wins very soon our season could be over (again  :B) before the end of september
Posted by: 1888 (Guest), August 27, 2011, 8:25pm; Reply: 36
Yeah that's right kid!
At least we get beat by likes of Wednesday and Newcastle not Braintree and Fleetwood.
Laughing stock
Posted by: gtfc98, August 27, 2011, 8:29pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from ginnywings

Thats a bit harsh on Hearn. Their keeper pulled off 2 or 3 first class saves from him today and he had the lob that went just wide. He'll score he just needs one to get his confidence up. He ballsed a few chances up this afternoon that I'm sure he'll bury when he finds some confidence
Posted by: Perkins, August 27, 2011, 8:37pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from 1888
Yeah that's right kid!
At least we get beat by likes of Wednesday and Newcastle not Braintree and Fleetwood.
Laughing stock

Don't worry scunt, your time will come. By the way we were beating the likes of Wenesday and the Magpies when you lot were languishing in the 4th div for years. Tell us when your glory days were.

Posted by: gtfc_brad, August 27, 2011, 9:10pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from 1888
Yeah that's right kid!
Laughing stock

and sheffield wednesday lost to BURY, the Braintree of League 1, can't wait untill you play them
Posted by: TAGG, August 27, 2011, 9:15pm; Reply: 40
IMO it was a much better game than Tuesday. The players did a lot better football wise. They had to play the same stupid system but handled it a lot better.

Where did Toot & Ploot get this system? Everyone plays exclusively down the left hand side of the pitch? we must be the only team in the world that plays this way.

One of the two loons said after the game that we made a lot of chances playing that way and so we did but when in the second half we stuck on a right mid we scored and they didn't so whats the best system?

We didn't deserve to lose today.
With these two in charge we will struggle not to get relegated never mind going up.  
Posted by: 1888 (Guest), August 27, 2011, 9:18pm; Reply: 41
All gone for good for you boys. Back to reality for you.
All in distant past lads
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 27, 2011, 9:22pm; Reply: 42
Did not go Tues (but listened to game), so perhaps some different views:

A strange game.  Their keeper was MOM (very good performance).  However, Darlo looked as they had played together longer - which they had.  We are still developing, finding our form, coming back from injury, and looking for our best formation and team.

Darlo had better movement, balance to the team, width, passing and team play. They made more of their resources than we did.  Their left back is supposed to be good, but was missing.  Did our duo put out a formation to attack this "weakness".  Er no.

After Tues they said that the team was unbalanced in midfield.  A risk. Why repeat it today with a makeshift FB (Wood)?  (Wood was still poor, despite no cover.  His late cross that went into the Pontoon summed his passing ability and performance today).

Darlo often had 2 men free on their right touchline.  The team or management duo did not correct this tactical weakness which all the fans could see. They also stretched us with a man wide on their left. We were too bunches up in the middle.  Sometimes limiting passes as players were in each others way.

They were also slow to correct the team balance at Braintree.

Despite all this we created the better chances.  With better play in the last third we would have created even more chances.    Hearn looked much sharper and was very unlucky not to score.  It will come. His touch and inter-play  (not supposed to be good) was very good at times.    

When the players stayed on the pitch at the end fans left in the Findus and Pontoon  applauded them. We have the potential to be better. With sensible management and more luck today (and a different keeper) we could have taken the 3 points. We need to see and hear more of Hurst and less of Scott. Between then them they can get the team right.

Thompson was not as good today (being told probably leaving). He needs a new automatic gearbox. Stuck in first for that race to the loose ball that he lost.  Should have got it easy.

Players ape managers behaviour.  Kempson and Duffy booked this week for verbal abuse.  These bookings add up. Listening RS?  How can you say anything to them?

We are short of money, yet have 3 strikers with the mobility of a telegraph pole.  Cover in other areas more important.

Last misc point.  A quick-thinking player is going to lob Mckeown one day when he has moved out of his penalty area. He dawdles back  leaving an open goal. Just watch him.    

Posted by: maxfox44, August 27, 2011, 9:33pm; Reply: 43
So what's this Rob Eagle rumour, something about him leaving?
Posted by: 1888 (Guest), August 27, 2011, 9:39pm; Reply: 44
886 Darlo at yours today
Posted by: barralad, August 27, 2011, 9:39pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Perkins

Best rewrite of history since Hitler's mum said "Our Addie's not a bad lad really"
Posted by: TAGG, August 27, 2011, 9:44pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from maxfox44
So what's this Rob Eagle rumour, something about him leaving?

Hope not IMO he should at least be on the bench. Him and Coulson are the only two we have with and quality.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 27, 2011, 9:46pm; Reply: 47
Thought the players played a bit of football to day but defensively we are just not good enough and over exposed.

Mark Cooper obviously had us watched midweek and tactically buttfucked Ike and Tina in the first half. Cant believe Shouty had the gall to shout the odds after it took them till half time to shore the right side up. The tactics cost us today and their keeper was fantastic.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, August 27, 2011, 10:59pm; Reply: 48
The late save from their keeper was world class, and but for a couple of others he made we'd have been home and hosed. I went today with low hopes, but reports of our death are a bit premature. Aside from a simply awful bit of tactics from the managers, I am encouraged. Disley looks class and Artus decent enough. McKeown a big improvement on KA. As for the rant at the end, I've never seen anything like it, the parting shot of " if you don't like it don't facing come" is misplaced whatever the provocation, today's defeat was entirely H&S's fault, and they need to have a bit of grace and admit that, no-one questions the desire and effort, today the application wasn't right, it's certainly a step up from lazy girl privates like Sweeney and Newey, sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up and say you were wrong. Had Scott done this, rather than giving it the big I am then he might have come out looking a bit better than the buffoon he now appears to be. He needs to build a few bridges rather than biting the dwindling hand that feeds him.
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, August 27, 2011, 11:39pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from barralad

Best rewrite of history since Hitler's mum said "Our Addie's not a bad lad really"

PMSL
Posted by: gingervalentino, August 27, 2011, 11:57pm; Reply: 50
Anyone else see Kempson having a go at Ridley after darlos goal? I thought he was gonna swing for him lol
Posted by: lancspontooner, August 28, 2011, 12:16am; Reply: 51
1. Town played really well today - far better than I last saw against Fleetwood. Seen them play a lot worse and win - just unlucky today
2. The managers should have changed to 442 after the first goal went in to give Brad some cover - eventually cost us the game waiting until half time
3. Both their goals were very unfortunate deflections/miskicks
4. Their keeper was first-class and Hearn was unlucky - as was Spencer at the end
5. Our fans should never, ever boo their team onto the pitch - best just keep quiet if you feel that way about the team
6. The managers must rise above the moaners - if not RS isn't going to last too long. He should consider that we don't actually need both of them
7. Fenty should seriously consider stepping down and asking Mike Parker to take over. The club needs a change at the top now more than ever before

And for those still going on about Woods I agree Fenty shouldn't have sacked him - but he just shouldn't have ever made him manager in the first place. That decision was the worst of many in the last few years. He virtually crippled this club with that relegation run into non-league. If we ever recover it will take years. But this team should soon be better than anything he ever came up with. Try to keep the faith and if you attend to boo and moan at everything then RS is right - it's probably best if you don't go - or maybe just wait until we're winning again.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 28, 2011, 12:22am; Reply: 52
Quoted from lancspontooner
1. Town played really well today - far better than I last saw against Fleetwood. Seen them play a lot worse and win - just unlucky today
2. The managers should have changed to 442 after the first goal went in to give Brad some cover - eventually cost us the game waiting until half time
3. Both their goals were very unfortunate deflections/miskicks
4. Their keeper was first-class and Hearn was unlucky - as was Spencer at the end
5. Our fans should never, ever boo their team onto the pitch - best just keep quiet if you feel that way about the team
6. The managers must rise above the moaners - if not RS isn't going to last too long. He should consider that we don't actually need both of them
7. Fenty should seriously consider stepping down and asking Mike Parker to take over. The club needs a change at the top now more than ever before

And for those still going on about Woods I agree Fenty shouldn't have sacked him - but he just shouldn't have ever made him manager in the first place. That decision was the worst of many in the last few years. He virtually crippled this club with that relegation run into non-league. If we ever recover it will take years. But this team should soon be better than anything he ever came up with. Try to keep the faith and if you attend to boo and moan at everything then RS is right - it's probably best if you don't go - or maybe just wait until we're winning again.

Most level headed post I've read tonight.
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 10:25pm