Googlebot and 247 Guests

lets get real

This thread currently has 1,701 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
August 14, 2011, 1:25am
Guest User
Quoted from denni266
to be honest  av had enough of the last ten years , but it is true we are none league through and through ,, i run a buisiness of my own and if i got poorer stock in from sub standard suppliers i would soon start loosing , same applies to football,, we need players  and managers from above ,, and i dont mean journey men

I don't give a excrement whether they're coming up, down left or right, I want YOUNG players with potential that we can develop and improve.

Look at the ones we've already got - Hearn, Coulson, Artus, Wood, Makofo, I'Anson - all young and upcoming players + many more Garner, Mulready, Bradbury(bloody tempting to give him a go at some point too !)

Ok Ill give you Disley but he's got something that'll help us - experience + is captain.
You need a certain blend to be successful and we're on the right track.
I know the last 10 years has been painful for everyone but just give it a little time.
Crikes I'm starting to sound like Fenty...  
Reply: 10 - 13
August 14, 2011, 8:51am
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys
It's a sad indictment of where we are when at half time the Findus bar had no draft lager, no bottled coke and 2 bar staff on.... As one guy in front of me so eloquently put, I know we're non-league but you don't have to keep proving it....

Jesus...
Reply: 11 - 13
Tommy
August 14, 2011, 9:14am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Signed from football league clubs:

Arthur, McKeown, Ridley, Kempson, Eagle, Disley, Coulson, Artus, Spencer, Elding.

Signed from non-league clubs:

Garner, Pearson, Silk, Church, Makofo, Hearn, Duffy

Produced our own:

I'Anson, Wood, Thanoj, Mulready.

So a fair helping of football league signings there anyway. Plus, of course we need non league players anyway, because we are non league. You need players capable of adapting to the league you are in. Crawley last year went out and bought the best non league players and now they're in the FL.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Claudius Tiberius Smith
August 14, 2011, 10:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
[quote=697]Signed from football league clubs:

Arthur, McKeown, Ridley, Kempson, Eagle, Disley, Coulson, Artus, Spencer, Elding.

Signed from non-league clubs:

Garner, Pearson, Silk, Church, Makofo, Hearn, Duffy

Produced our own:

I'Anson, Wood, Thanoj, Mulready.

So a fair helping of football league signings there anyway. Plus, of course we need non league players anyway, because we are non league. You need players capable of adapting to the league you are in. [b]Crawley last year went out and bought the best non league players and now they're in the FL

Yes, you are right, & Evans will not be afraid to dump 2 or 3 of last seasons stars & replace them in the Jan. transfer window if they don't come up to scratch!

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › lets get real

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.