2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
August 13, 2011, 6:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
so we lost again .. nothing new nowadays .. we have got what fenty has given us .  none league managers  none league players, and some of them from leagues below us ,, like i have said before  they are none league for a reason , we need players from above not below , gonna be a long season of false hope again
Logged Offline
Private Message
GG
August 13, 2011, 6:57pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
Come on man, it's only one game. Yes we were poor in the first half but we picked it up in the 2nd (much like most of our pre-season games). When the players realise football is 90 minutes long we could have a successful season.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 13
maxfox44
August 13, 2011, 6:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Players from above are often either ending their careers and are on the way down, injury prone or just looking for a crushy number.  Otherwise they'd be staying in the league.  Hopefully playing wanting to improve are prepared to test themselves at a higher level, example Hearn

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
siy2k5
August 13, 2011, 6:59pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from denni266
so we lost again .. nothing new nowadays .. we have got what fenty has given us .  none league managers  none league players, and some of them from leagues below us ,, like i have said before  they are none league for a reason , we need players from above not below , gonna be a long season of false hope again

Like the ones we had last season?

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
denni266
August 13, 2011, 7:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
to be honest  av had enough of the last ten years , but it is true we are none league through and through ,, i run a buisiness of my own and if i got poorer stock in from sub standard suppliers i would soon start loosing , same applies to football,, we need players  and managers from above ,, and i dont mean journey men
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
GG
August 13, 2011, 7:06pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
If things are still the same after say 10 games then I might be inclined to agree with you but you can't condemn the new team and new management after just the first game. Even Graham Rodger got longer than that!

Logged Offline
Reply: 5 - 13
Biccys
August 13, 2011, 7:10pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
It's a sad indictment of where we are when at half time the Findus bar had no draft lager, no bottled coke and 2 bar staff on.... As one guy in front of me so eloquently put, I know we're non-league but you don't have to keep proving it....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 13
GG
August 13, 2011, 7:18pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
At least they corrected the spelling mistakes in the Findus snack bar. Not impressed with the prices for a cold cheeseburger though.

Logged Offline
Reply: 7 - 13
Mariner_501
August 13, 2011, 7:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from denni266

Sorry, don't agree with you. Always getting players from above us and it's never got us anywhere before.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
codhead91
August 13, 2011, 8:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Very easily said that we need better players and better managers. Got to ask yourself why players from above would want to drop to this level? If they are as good as you would wish them to be, then surely they'd be contracted at another club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › lets get real

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.